1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. JAL

Posts by JAL

  • Opinion: If Sony Releases a Wii-Like Controller...

    • JAL
    • June 26, 2007 at 7:27 PM
    Quote from Izuno

    [tangent]

    What? Sony was a leader with Betamax and it took over the market because of it's....

    ....ooops.

    Wait I meant those Minidiscs things that totally took over the recordable music...oh wait...

    Seriously this time, the Sony Connect service that competed with iTunes was by far the...oh wait...didn't that just shut down?

    Ok, the PSP UMD is now THE standard in portable disc based movie... uh...not so much.

    But Blu-Ray is gonna do it!

    [/tangent]

    Display More

    I lol'd

  • hitman movie trailer

    • JAL
    • June 26, 2007 at 3:26 PM

    I have faith in Timothy Olyphant. I don't have faith in the director.

    The trailer looks cool, but the editing is shit. Also I like that they use the

    original Hitman music.

  • this is the Fallout 3 teaser countdooOOooown

    • JAL
    • June 22, 2007 at 7:59 AM

    I understand how hardcore fans of the Fallout series feel dissapointed by

    Bethesda. I don't mean the people who were

    "Oh Fallout 3, I loved those games." when Bethesda first announced the game.

    What I mean is the people at NMA who've for years been waiting

    for someone to make a sequel worthy to carry the Fallout name.

    How would people react if Square-Enix announced they're making

    the next Final Fantasy a first person rpg with a new combat system

    and gameplay?

  • EVE Online

    • JAL
    • June 20, 2007 at 5:53 AM
    Quote from mabufo

    What I've started to do is to buy batlecruisers cheap, and then sell them for a profit.

    That's exactly what some of the rich people in EVE have done. They go to

    a solarsystem with low prices and great availability in items. Then stock up

    on cheap cargo and fly it half way through the universe to a solarsystem

    with high prices and sell them.

    The great thing about the economy in the game is that it's almost exactly

    what happens in real life except the part where you fly through the

    universe.

  • EVE Online

    • JAL
    • June 19, 2007 at 5:34 AM

    I began playing EVE maybe a month ago, and it's been fantastic. I myself

    didn't find the beginning tutorial boring, I thought it was rather fun. I agree

    with Metal-la-la-la that you really need to join a big/active corporation to

    get the best out of EVE.

    PvP in EVE is so different from other MMO games I've played.

    In EVE, most PvP fights that occur between a few players are

    over before you can say Ijustgotpodkilled. The first volley of fire is very

    important in small fights. In addition to pvp I enjoy the superb economy

    system in the game.

    Only time will tell how long I find it interseting to play.

  • The great beer vote!

    • JAL
    • June 16, 2007 at 7:39 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.globalbeer.com/Merchant2/graphics/Greetingcards/big/Hoegaarden.jpg]

  • Family Guy

    • JAL
    • June 15, 2007 at 5:36 AM
    Quote from Dark

    Watched ever ep. One of the best shows EVAR!

  • Flipside : HL2 mod

    • JAL
    • June 11, 2007 at 2:12 PM

    Woa, something creative for a change.

    Looks very interseting indeed.

  • this is the Fallout 3 teaser countdooOOooown

    • JAL
    • June 5, 2007 at 5:30 PM
    Quote from st0lve

    Meh... No gameplay, just in engine. The power armour looks ok, the weapon looks like shit. Too much city? Yes. Whatever, Fall 08

    also it reminded me of Gears of War somehow, don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.

  • this is the Fallout 3 teaser countdooOOooown

    • JAL
    • June 5, 2007 at 4:39 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.pelit.fi/typo3temp/pics/87032dce41.jpg]

    get it?

  • Now playing

    • JAL
    • May 31, 2007 at 6:17 AM

    EVE Online, possibly the best MMO game since Ultima Online.

    Extremely well thought out, the economy system in the game is

    very impressive compared to other mmo's I've played.

  • Night photos in the fog

    • JAL
    • May 28, 2007 at 10:32 AM

    The first photo is amazing. The light in on the right looks so unreal,

    almost like a UFO landing or something.

  • Insurgency Trailer Release & Website Launch

    • JAL
    • May 23, 2007 at 5:17 AM

    the YEARS of waiting are almost over

    This mod will be huge, and I don't mean the filesize.

  • this is the Fallout 3 teaser countdooOOooown

    • JAL
    • May 21, 2007 at 10:02 AM

    Bethesda needs to burn in hell if they remove the prostitutes, gore and drugs from the game.

  • Now playing

    • JAL
    • May 10, 2007 at 5:38 AM

    Puzzle Quest on DS, I can't praise this game enough. It's simply

    the best DS game evar. I think I haven't been so addicted to a game

    since Diablo 2.

  • commandos 3

    • JAL
    • May 9, 2007 at 5:40 AM

    Commandos 3 is the EASIEST game from the Commandos series. I finished

    the game in the very same day I bought it. In my opinion it was a huge

    dissapointment, the game was nowhere near as good as Commandos 2.

    Anyways if you've played Commandos 1 & 2, then Commandos 3 should be

    a piece of cake.

  • Live security cams from all over the world

    • JAL
    • May 7, 2007 at 6:01 AM

    HAHA, THEY EATING!

  • Swe-Fin 1-0

    • JAL
    • May 6, 2007 at 1:41 PM

    3-1 Fin for the win. Btw. other than Finnish/Swedish people on mapcore will

    find this thread pretty useless

  • Kids play football

    • JAL
    • May 6, 2007 at 12:55 PM

    1st and the last pics are great. However the 2nd pic is by far the best in my

    opinion.That blue boy with the ball has a great posture.

  • Demo Reel

    • JAL
    • May 4, 2007 at 8:11 AM

    Looks good, and what Acumen said.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™