Easy now, things take time.
Posts by Zacker
-
-
-
I looked up what Methodist ment on Wikipedia and it don't sound that scary. They are christian protestants. Back in history they did a lot to set the slaves in USA free.
-
Sounds great with some news abut DOD:Source and a Source version of HLDM. For some it may look like just another game to the list, but I am actually looking forward to HLDM. I have never come to like HL2DM nearly as much as I like/liked HLDM.
Yeah, those mods look pretty good. Not beyond what you could expect from 16-17 dedicated students though.
This SMU Guildhall course really sounds like something I would like to attend.
-
Be sure to get a real salary for your work and not just some royality. Not that I have no anything about it though.
-
He just ment that there should be a lot of scratches and other details on the normal map, which would make it look great even with a weak diffuse map.
"baking" the high poly version onto the low poly is one way of doing it. Things like scratches as ferret mentioned are probably among the things you could just as easy just PS onto the normalmap.
-
Those new trees look much better!
-
That texture looks cool and so does the normal map for it:) It does however really beg for a higher res.
Lol @ the Nutella-Brötchen, don't they have such stuff in Montreal?
-
Looks like a good beginning, the ball is cute:)
-
Yeah it looks fine for an early mod. I can't say much about the game itself from such a short video, but the video itself is well done.
-
So Valve does have an internal vtex gui.
-
UT2k4 is indeed a great game - especially with Hourences maps:)
-
I also got a friend to pay for my website:D
-
There was actually once made a short Half-Life movie called Half-Life: Uplink(no, it had nothing to do with the demo).
Yep ReNo, that is also what I have heard.
-
Quote from Minotauro
If u going to have huge open areas with terrains just scale the textures to like 2.5 or 3 that you wont have any problems with r_speeds

Usually each terrain face will not exceed 228/240 so scaling up the texture will not decrease r_speeds. Scaling up the textures only improves r_speeds if you have faces which are larger than 228/240.
-
I thought 200 hookers in Brazil was nothing:D
-
In case anyone cares, then this is some of the features I miss:
- More generation options instead of just noise. Sudivide&displace and ridged perlin would be nice. Multi perlin and ridged multi perlin would be 1337.
- Some generation options such as glaciation and canyonism to easly create realistic terrain
- Material distribution options: Min/max slope and min/max altitude
- Constant subdivide size per quality/power instead of reliant on brush size
- Blending of more than two materials
- Editing of two displacements without them stopping to line up
- Get some proper sliders. They should go from -512 to 512 instead of from 0 to 256.
- Allow for smoothing on all three axes at the same time
-
The displacement editor in VHE 4.0 is indeed lacking. It got a lot of "alpha version" over it when you work with it.
Seems like he already got some good stuff going with it:
-
Meh, I don't care much. BFV was ok for some hours but BF1942 never caught on for me. BF2 however seems very different so I am indeed going to try it out.
-
Quote
The SoW textures look nice for HL1, but it still looks like someone bukakked difference clouds blotches all over them. What the hell are the greyish blotches meant to be? It's a pretty stupid comparison. Most of the time I see HL2 textures they're very sharp and detailed because of the increased texture size. The overall effect is more important than two screenshots that aren't close to even (texture scale, lighting, position when taking the screenshot etc).
1. The so called "bukakked difference clouds" over them is the diffuse texture which is almost transparant at this distance. It looks crappy yes and it is probably the effect that I dislike the most about detail textures.
2. HL2 textures are not very sharp and detail because of their increased texture size, it's because of their scale and their bump maps.
3. Yes, the overall impression is the most important. I only compared texture detail here. I doubt anyone is in doubt of what the result of comparing the overall visuals for HL2 and a HL1 mod would be:D
QuoteLook at the textures Zacker. U can see even from a mile away that the SOW textures arent looking very spiffy, but HL2's are.
Slackkiller did not use detail textures in SoW_Village, maybe thats why?
And yes of course textures scaled at ~1 without any shaders looks worse than textures scaled ~0.25 with bump maps. You dont really have to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out...QuoteYea, rd's right, why the fuck am i arguing about this? No one stares at floors and says "DETAIL TEXTRES RUL HL2" anyways.
Trying to avoid the point that you said down right wrong things? Around here it is custody to apologize when you have done so - if you havent been banned already.
We are going nowhere in this thread. Thread closing requested.