1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • New Steam Games Agreement.

    • Zacker
    • November 19, 2005 at 3:29 PM

    At Sands of War we also once believed in all that shit with a big studio name and such. For a year or so we worked as Defcon Software(http://www.defconsoftware.com/) and was affiliated with them for some time after also.

    For the last year or so we have been completely independant and not had any kind of studio name though. We learned it the hard way that having a fine and professional looking compana behind our mod was just not the way to do it.

  • Alpha degree on material switched around

    • Zacker
    • November 15, 2005 at 11:42 AM

    Ok thanks for the info, I have had a hard time finding the bug in that vmt:D Ahh well just yet another bug...

  • Alpha degree on material switched around

    • Zacker
    • November 14, 2005 at 4:29 PM

    I got a problem with that a material which causes it to be reverted in hammer or ingame. Currently it looks fine in Hammer but the two textures are switched around ingame.

    This is how my vmt looks:

    Quote

    "WorldVertexTransition"{

    "$baseTexture" "hourpitores/rock1"

    "$baseTexture2" "dev/valuesand40"

    "$surfaceprop" "sand"

    "%keywords" "rock sand"

    }

    Display More

    Is there anything wrong with that vmt? Or is it just yet another bug in Hammer?

  • Nothing works with gmax files?

    • Zacker
    • November 14, 2005 at 3:51 PM

    That is also what I thought when I started on gmax.

    For further info you can also see this post by a Discreet guy:

    http://www.turbosquid.com/Forum/Index.c ... eadID/8525

  • What is your console game of the year for 2005?

    • Zacker
    • November 14, 2005 at 11:05 AM

  • stalker, what happened?

    • Zacker
    • November 14, 2005 at 11:01 AM

    Well many people also played HL2 despite it being delayed a lot and having features cut.

  • What is your console game of the year for 2005?

    • Zacker
    • November 14, 2005 at 11:00 AM

    I got no console that is how I like it to be...

  • Nothing works with gmax files?

    • Zacker
    • November 14, 2005 at 10:58 AM

    Ok I have researched some further on the subject now. Gmax does not have built in .mdl export for any game, so exporting to a Quake model is not possible.

    I have also found out that all attempts on making a Source exporter for Gmax would be illegal and so would all attempts to do it through other formats.

    It seems like my gmax modelling have been mainly a waste of time:/

  • Environment Art - Chinese Pagoda with dragon

    • Zacker
    • November 12, 2005 at 4:55 PM
    Quote from Hourences

    Is there a polylimit ?

    Yep, 1024.

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAZY

    • Zacker
    • November 11, 2005 at 4:39 PM

    Happy birthday.

  • New Steam Games Agreement.

    • Zacker
    • November 11, 2005 at 4:37 PM

    I just read some of it and I it looks just fine to me.

  • The random model thread!

    • Zacker
    • November 10, 2005 at 9:04 PM

    Great work Swifty! You made a 164 poly weapon look good:)

  • Nothing works with gmax files?

    • Zacker
    • November 10, 2005 at 9:01 PM

    Wow ugly hack:D Thanks a lot for the info!

  • Nothing works with gmax files?

    • Zacker
    • November 10, 2005 at 7:22 PM

    First of gmax can not render, but that does not bother me much as I just want to use it for games developing. It sucked quite much though when I realized that it is impossible to export to Source from it and any other normal formats.

    So I have installed 3ds max now as I know it can export to Source. But when I tried to open or import my gmax models it would not allow me! Is it really true that these 2 so similar programs from the same firm can not work together?! If yes, is there any workaround? I badly want the models I made in gmax over in 3ds max so I can export them.

  • Matrix: Path of Neo ending...

    • Zacker
    • November 10, 2005 at 5:17 PM

    Sounds quite mad:D A Queens song is just so not-Matrix alike.

  • I AM VERY MUCH DISLIKING STEAM TODAY

    • Zacker
    • November 8, 2005 at 5:02 PM
    Quote from Jezpuh
    Quote

    i can open hammer while offline, you guys must be dumb. I do alot of mapping when im on the train so u guys must be doing something wrong

    Yes mapping offline can work if you can actually get offline mode to work - which is rumored to have happened to some guy once...

  • Design internships at Factor 5

    • Zacker
    • November 6, 2005 at 5:19 PM

    Sounds cool! Do you need people now or also use who first finished highschool in half a year?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Zacker
    • November 4, 2005 at 5:03 PM

    Nice with the custom stuff.

  • [Release] De_Dam Beta 1a

    • Zacker
    • November 4, 2005 at 4:56 PM

    Nice improvement from the first versions!

  • totally random texture thread

    • Zacker
    • November 4, 2005 at 4:54 PM

    Curman yes a normal would do something of it.

    D3ads: There are some threads about it around here. Here is the ultra short version:

    Normal maps can be made in PS with plugins and they can also be generated from a model.

    Specular maps are for the shine, think blank metal and wet/waxed floors.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™