1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • Tree 01

    • Zacker
    • March 31, 2006 at 3:17 PM

    Rick, your first tree was not that great, but the last two are so much better!

  • HL2:Awakening

    • Zacker
    • March 30, 2006 at 4:28 PM

    Looks great Bluestrike!

  • Ford Focus RS (Custom mds Build)

    • Zacker
    • March 27, 2006 at 4:08 PM

    Just as nice looking as the other renders:)

  • Palm skin

    • Zacker
    • March 25, 2006 at 7:23 PM

    Thanks, I sure will:)

  • Old Old OLD Halflife Trailer

    • Zacker
    • March 25, 2006 at 7:15 PM

    Cool to see this movie as I for unknown reasons did not hear about HL before half a year after it's release. A friend of mine had picked it up and just seeing him play it was an absolute blast. First I spent several days over at my friend where we played it together and then later I got my hands on it myself and played it again with just as much joy. That game is incredible well made and I don't really think I have tried something just as good since.

  • Image Leeching and You

    • Zacker
    • March 25, 2006 at 7:02 PM
    Quote

    If you are using something from mapcore that is hosted on mapcore, then you more than likely can use them here without having to host the image from photobucket or imageshack (/me looks at Mino) Since the bandwidth is already being used here, there is no need to have the image be downlaoded again from another site.

    I don't get this one as it's only correct whenever Mojo already has posted in a thread. If he has not and then Mino makes a post with that image hosted on mapcore, then it will result in an increased amount of mapcore bandwidth used. If however mino had hosted on some random site instead then no additional mapcore bandwidth would be used.

  • Palm skin

    • Zacker
    • March 25, 2006 at 4:45 PM

    Interesting, at SoW it is almost only the modellers who do the unwrapping. I kinda expected that to be natural as unwrapping is done in a modelling program which our skinners don't dare to touch. Thanks for the advice, I will have a talk with skinners about if they maybe should check it out.

    Personally I think unwrapping look like tough and boring task. As a level designer I don't like the concept of not just being able to smack on my textures:)

    Hmm yeah it seems like I did not get your point regarding the "512 is enough" as you are right, there are a lot of wasted space which is plain useless.

  • Palm skin

    • Zacker
    • March 25, 2006 at 3:42 PM

    I did not create the uvw-map, just the skin, so I have not had anything to do with having the leaf texture 4 times. Better use of the same texture is a thing I am trying to get our modellers to pay more attention to when making the uvwmap though.

    Regarding the size, the actual skin is of course powers of 2, what did you expect:D The acctual size is 1024^2, I just scaled the preview image down to prevent it from fucking up the tables on the forum. And yes 512^2 could be "enough", but that is not enough for us:)

  • Carry the duck

    • Zacker
    • March 24, 2006 at 1:29 PM

    Sorry, but I did not really get much fun out of the comics in the first post either:/

  • Now I like Tool...

    • Zacker
    • March 24, 2006 at 1:25 PM

    There is nothing specially fucked about this, many of Tools songs are strongly influenced by mathematics. And yep, they rock hard:)

  • ns_lucid

    • Zacker
    • March 24, 2006 at 1:15 PM

    Some of the first shots do indeed lack quality lighting, despite your excuse. Some of the shots look fine though and it overall seem to be a nice quality map:)

  • Palm skin

    • Zacker
    • March 24, 2006 at 1:08 PM

    I just finished my first prop skin ever for a SoW2 model made by Doffer:

    [Blocked Image: http://sandsofwar.net/tex/palm_skin.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.doffer.dk/SoW/test_palm.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Zacker
    • March 23, 2006 at 5:03 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    ** SHARPEN FILTER (AKA THEDOENERKING FILTER) DETECTED!!

    QFT. You raped it so hard again that it in no way makes it better. It almost looks like a hard compressed jpg, but with a filesize of 400kb then I doubt that is the case:D

  • Birdflu hits PC games

    • Zacker
    • March 23, 2006 at 5:01 PM

    Hahah nice Kylling in Hitman:D That is cool! Deads do have a good point regarding the skin though, it looks like the skin itselt(diffuse map) is either a plain color or a gradient, no real skin.

  • It seems like we going to meet Battlefield again

    • Zacker
    • March 21, 2006 at 6:57 PM

    If it's fake, then someone have put quite an amount of work into it, we have seen that done before though(Nitendo GO anyone?).

    That music, where have I heard it before? I am almost certain that they have taken that from some well known movie.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Zacker
    • March 21, 2006 at 6:51 PM

    Uhm did smart blur rape your BF?

  • what music are you listening 2 atm?

    • Zacker
    • March 21, 2006 at 10:13 AM

    Elis - Der Letze Tag

  • The System Episode

    • Zacker
    • March 20, 2006 at 3:36 PM

    Looks oldschool cool:) The low res 8bit textures are still annoying though, but not much you can do about it.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Zacker
    • March 19, 2006 at 6:03 PM

    SinisterSquirrel, that texture is very nice!

  • 2 some type of levels

    • Zacker
    • March 19, 2006 at 6:00 PM

    That Farcry scene is so nice!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™