1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • True story

    • Zacker
    • July 10, 2006 at 9:55 PM

    I demand an explanation!

  • Top 10 Video Games Weapon List

    • Zacker
    • July 7, 2006 at 10:15 PM

    Snarks should replace the gravity gun imo. Snarks are incredible fun to use while the gravity gun is more bleh.

  • Data_beta1

    • Zacker
    • July 7, 2006 at 9:55 PM

    That map could actually have looked ok if it had been lit just somewhat properly.

  • WiseGuys recruiting

    • Zacker
    • July 5, 2006 at 3:09 AM

    You mention coders nowhere?

  • In The Works ...

    • Zacker
    • July 4, 2006 at 7:32 PM

    If you want to have stars on the sky then you should make the rest of the sky much more black. It currently looks like some black-brown mix which is rather wierd for a sky.

  • warby presents: de_wanda 100% custom map for cs-source

    • Zacker
    • July 4, 2006 at 1:39 AM

    After a further study of the water it seems that it's only really http://riviera.heaven.nexusirc.at/warby ... ha2_05.jpg where you are far away from it where it is ugly. This is most likely because of the switch to cheap water which looks horrible.

  • warby presents: de_wanda 100% custom map for cs-source

    • Zacker
    • July 3, 2006 at 1:31 PM

    I think the new screenshots look much better. I like the overall style you got going, to me the map looks very basic yet though. You also need to do something about the water, it looks horrible.

    I have always been a sucker for realism with a twist:)

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Zacker
    • July 1, 2006 at 7:32 PM

    A little offtopic but yeah I would actually also like to know what actually happened back in those days? The once so fine relations were suddenly cut off completely.

  • Olesko Castle - BF2 map project

    • Zacker
    • July 1, 2006 at 7:25 PM

    The model itself is nothing special, but it looks pretty cool ingame:)

  • Tell me about your CS adventure!

    • Zacker
    • June 30, 2006 at 11:06 PM

    I started out with beta 3 back in late 99 or early 2000. For the first few weeks I only played it at a mates house where they had a network setup between two comps. Before that I had never gamed over LAN or internet before, so it it was both a new game and a new way of playing.

    I still consider beta 7.2 with it's driveable APC in Siege and such to be the best CS version. Since then it just went downhill or at least I got bored of it.

  • DoD: Source update tonight

    • Zacker
    • June 29, 2006 at 4:27 PM

    IMO they should stop tying render and engine features to the game and place them in the engine itself where they belong. Having to update each game with major code changes everytime the engine gets updated is a very ineffecient way of doing things.

    When I finally got into the game itself it crashed when I tried to connect to a server:/

  • The Ship

    • Zacker
    • June 29, 2006 at 10:00 AM

    They could start out with turning on AA when taking screenshots:D

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Zacker
    • June 29, 2006 at 9:54 AM
    Quote from dissonance

    doom is open source now?

    Yes, ID got a good tradition of releasing their source code. All code up to and including Quake 3 is open source. This only includes the code though, you will still need a copy of the game to have the art and such.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Zacker
    • June 28, 2006 at 8:52 PM

    Haha Frodo was also exactly what I thought of when I saw Seppe's pictures:D

  • DoD: Source update tonight

    • Zacker
    • June 28, 2006 at 8:45 PM
    Quote from ginger_lord

    I wish they'd actually do a code update to the main SDK aswell, its been 13 months without an update to it...

    QTF. It is incredible that they can get away with not updating the sdk more than they do. It's a long time ago I got tired of requesting news on that update...

  • some 2D pic

    • Zacker
    • June 27, 2006 at 7:17 PM

    Maybe a few less different styles in one picture would help? The thing is that if you want to add additional elements to a composition then they should match the existing elements to some extend.

  • Crysis - Crytek's new game

    • Zacker
    • June 22, 2006 at 3:09 PM

    Damn a shot like this looks realistic:

    [Blocked Image: http://s163415059.onlinehome.us/files/crysis/img_mirror/070.jpg]

  • Yet another reason why NOT to use Mayang

    • Zacker
    • June 19, 2006 at 10:48 AM

    Does any developer actually make their own textures these days or do they just alter existing textures?

  • Unity 1.5 released

    • Zacker
    • June 17, 2006 at 2:06 PM

    Unity is a combined editor and engine which allows you to develop games in a productive way. They just released a new version 1.5:

    http://otee.dk/whatsnew-1.5.html

  • Torque Engine WIP.

    • Zacker
    • June 15, 2006 at 6:34 PM

    I must agree with the others here, it looks good overall but those pipes really look ugly because of the not matching style and the girl texture.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™