1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • Why do you do this?

    • Zacker
    • August 18, 2006 at 11:34 AM

    I have a big passion for creating things and for computer games, a combination of these two is just perfect for me.

    I have always liked to design and construct things, which is also why two of my prefered genres is/was RTS and city-builders. I have spent way too much time creating cities in Sim City or bases in C&C. Constructing something for a purpose and making it work out by doing it right, that's just joy.

    It has always been like this for me, ever since I discovered the level editor in Stunts 4d(yes lame name, but nice game) that just felt just as cool as playing the game itself, or better.

  • FREE models and textures inside (jungle setting)

    • Zacker
    • August 17, 2006 at 8:53 PM

    Texture and prop releases are always nice:)

  • DM ThinIce and CTF Decay

    • Zacker
    • August 17, 2006 at 11:02 AM

    Absolutely fantastic work as usual from you Hourences!

  • inspired by hl2?

    • Zacker
    • August 15, 2006 at 5:16 PM
    Quote from Sindwiller
  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Zacker
    • August 15, 2006 at 11:18 AM

    I liked your hair better before:D

  • Awesome advert

    • Zacker
    • August 14, 2006 at 12:18 PM

    Haha that's a cool advert:D

  • CTF-Kernel

    • Zacker
    • August 14, 2006 at 12:14 PM

    Ohh nice, usually when people post small screens it's because it looks like crap otherwise.

    This is for sure nice mapping, but I am not sure if I consider it as a thousand times better than the official UT2k4 maps, as those are level design of a very high quality already.

  • Half-Life 2: Custom Water Shaders

    • Zacker
    • August 13, 2006 at 10:25 PM

    That's nice, you are a making new HLSL scripts and all?

  • Blogfolio site in the works

    • Zacker
    • August 13, 2006 at 4:02 PM
    Quote from skdr

    Good!

    Now design your own layout

    Haha, you just can't let it go, hah?

  • post your ride!

    • Zacker
    • August 13, 2006 at 4:01 PM

    I am pretty sure that there are easier ways to get rich than a career in the games industry:D

  • Countermap is back!

    • Zacker
    • August 13, 2006 at 12:03 PM

    I spent a lot of time in the tutorials section once, it was a kickass place when you were new to mapping.

  • Linux

    • Zacker
    • August 12, 2006 at 4:24 PM

    Regarding you guys who want something which works out of the box, I just wanted to say that this is how most linux distros work. If you want more you can go root around with stuff in the kernel - you are however not forced to do this.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Zacker
    • August 12, 2006 at 4:22 PM

    Steppenwolf, you got a good mood and atmosphere there. The black/yellow checker texture really stands out though as if it does not belong there.

  • Linux

    • Zacker
    • August 12, 2006 at 4:19 PM

    Sorry Thrik but after reading the first sentence in your post I just have to say this:

    It's not just free as in free beer, but also free as in free speech:)

  • realtime fluids

    • Zacker
    • August 12, 2006 at 4:17 PM

    When I judge a thing in regards to realism I do out from if it fits with reality or not. I have never seen any kind of fluid behave like this in real life and I therefore don't see any flaming in calling it unrealistic.

  • CTF-Kernel

    • Zacker
    • August 12, 2006 at 4:16 PM

    Sorry VoodariuS, D3 is our local goth and emo pusher here at Mapcore:)

    Looks good, but not very consistent. Some more and maybe larger screens would be cool.

  • Conspiracy Mod media release!

    • Zacker
    • August 12, 2006 at 11:45 AM

    Nice stuff, but the blue seems a little harsh on the red/orange background.

  • realtime fluids

    • Zacker
    • August 12, 2006 at 11:42 AM

    Looks cool, but not very realistic.

  • CTF-Kernel

    • Zacker
    • August 11, 2006 at 4:49 PM
    Quote from Kabelen
  • Blogfolio site in the works

    • Zacker
    • August 11, 2006 at 3:14 PM

    Removed the admin link and also just fixed some nasty bugs when viewing the site in IE.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™