1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • Upgrading thoughts

    • Zacker
    • September 12, 2006 at 9:41 AM

    If you computer currently can run what you need, then I see no need to upgrade at all. Personally I have never had a state of the art pc and yet I have always been able to run everything I wanted.

    Quote

    Are todays card supporting dx10 and are they good enought to run games like Crysis or Unreal 3 powered games?

    Nope, but with a good gfx card from 2006 you will still be able to run those games, just in either dx9 mode or emulated dx10.

    Quote

    shall I wait until Vista comes out? (one year of bugs and errors?)

    All decent graphic cards today will work fine with Vista. Check Nvidia's list here:

    http://www.nvidia.com/page/technology_vista_home.html

  • Duke Nuke Em Forever release date!?

    • Zacker
    • September 11, 2006 at 1:15 PM
    Quote from Dodger

    and why did them change the engines so often for the game?

    Rumors are that the Quake 2 engine is a little outdated today.

  • Fountain, a World of Warcraft Addon by me

    • Zacker
    • September 10, 2006 at 9:00 PM

    I have learned everything so far by studying other addons. Many prefer tutorials, but just studying other peoples code can learn you a lot.

    If you want WoW specific LUA tutorials then I think you can download some kind of sdk somewhere. Afaik it's not of much use though.

  • Fountain, a World of Warcraft Addon by me

    • Zacker
    • September 10, 2006 at 1:13 PM

    Yes Polaris, you got it there:) And well LUA itself is interesting, so far it feels like a mix of coding javascript and vb.

  • Zaphod's new web project: devbump

    • Zacker
    • September 8, 2006 at 7:41 PM

    Looks like a great idea and site Zaph! I really do think that you should take amount of votes into account when calculating position on the frontpage.

  • Fountain, a World of Warcraft Addon by me

    • Zacker
    • September 8, 2006 at 12:49 PM

    Some weeks ago I decided to give a go at learning LUA. The result of this is an addon for the mage class in WoW which automatically gives water to people who ask for it.

    Usually a mage spend a bunch of time with handing our water when raiding. With this addon, that is a thing of the past.

    This is the first public beta and it is therefore still in the early stages.

    http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/addo ... ntain.html

  • PK01 - Quake IV / Source Texture Set

    • Zacker
    • September 6, 2006 at 8:09 PM

    Yay a sourceport!

  • Filter Forge

    • Zacker
    • September 6, 2006 at 2:14 PM

    Some of those filters look quite kickass and I would not have guessed that they were purely filter made.

    What's even more cool imo is the way you can get the program. If you create a filter which gets popular, then you get the program for free! How cool is that not? I imagine making a cool HL2 map and thereby getting HL2 for free:)

  • warby presents: de_wanda 100% custom map for cs-source

    • Zacker
    • September 4, 2006 at 2:03 PM

    These lasts shots are very nice.

  • PK01 - Quake IV / Source Texture Set

    • Zacker
    • September 4, 2006 at 2:01 PM

    You just did it again Blaz! Fantastic work as usual.

    I demand that you port them to Source!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Zacker
    • September 3, 2006 at 8:50 PM

    Lack of support for model scaling is indeed incredible sad. It would make so many things so much easier.

    Especially when e.g. placing stuff like rocks or plants in outdoor areas. With just rotating you can't really place more than 2-3 of them near each other before people notice the the similarity. If I also could scale them, then it would open for a lot more combinations giving greater maps with less models.

    The current trick I use to simulaet size is to move rocks and palms more or less into the ground. Horrible cheap trick, but kinda the only option atm in Source:/

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Zacker
    • September 3, 2006 at 1:35 PM

    Loose the CS alike crates. Even though it's Source, they are still annoying.

  • CTF-Kernel

    • Zacker
    • September 3, 2006 at 1:35 PM

    Really great work there! With the first shots I was unsure of you had just been lucky to get a good angle or such, but it seems like that the mapping actually is of a very high quality.

  • Your username/nick

    • Zacker
    • August 31, 2006 at 8:57 PM

    <3 skdr

  • Your username/nick

    • Zacker
    • August 31, 2006 at 2:49 PM

    Long time ago I needed a nick and due to not wanting to rip it from somewhere, I began constructing one instead.

    First of I wanted it to be a little special, so I picked the letter Z as a start as it's rarely used in danish. Next of a needed a vowel and the first one was "a", so I just took it.

    Next up the third letter, where I for some random reason picked "c" as it's also the third letter in my real name. After the c it sounded logical with a k, as "ck" is quite common in english.

    The last "er" was mainly just some sort of typical ending of a word describing something or someone.

    Haven't heard of many others who got their nicks this way:D

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • Zacker
    • August 28, 2006 at 12:20 PM
    Quote from Squirrelly

    http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/8380/pictar03dr9.gif

    "Hot chick meets uncomfortable smartass wannabe?":D

  • Peacemaker

    • Zacker
    • August 28, 2006 at 12:16 PM

    The small danish game studio Serious Games is making a game called Global Conflicts: Palestine, which is in the same style. Check it out here:

    http://www.seriousgames.dk/gc.html

  • Pirating Games

    • Zacker
    • August 28, 2006 at 12:07 PM

    I must admit that I do obtain some of my software, games, movies and music through other channels. I do buy a lot of it, but it would be damn impossible for me if I had to buy it all.

    Games and music I usually buy, especially if it's smaller companies/artists which I want to support.

    Software is probably the thing which I buy the least of. I need PS, max, etc. and buying it would ruin me, so warez is kinda the only option I got. It's bad I know, but...

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Zacker
    • August 26, 2006 at 10:37 PM

    Mouse, those rock textures looks like they need to be downscaled or maybe sharpened. I am not sure, but they got an annoying and blurry look.

  • totally random texture thread

    • Zacker
    • August 26, 2006 at 10:29 PM

    There is for sure something wrong there Squirelly, my first guess was the normal map but it could also look like a misplaced overlay as Dennis says.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™