Very nice work here! The lighting seems a bit bland though, but that might be because of the engine and the vertexlighting in general.
Posts by Zacker
-
-
Very nice work indeed.
-
Considering that it's the hl1 engine and supposedly very early work, then it's nice work.
-
Looks very hl1-ish/simple in most places. It's nice enough work, but the only thing you use to break up the repetetion is 45 degree angles and crates, which honestly is not enough.
-
The large size of regular bitmap textures is indeed a problem, especially if you want them to be high res. Procedural generation of them is a good idea, but I still believe that it's need to be more mature before we can use it widely.
-
Hammer is not exactly a SDK, but rather a level design tool. After some weeks of Max work I am not as much against it as I once was, but I must still say that Hammer is the best when it comes to level design.
Considering how I feel about max after just a few weeks of work with it, it is quite possible that it will turn out to be my favorite level design tool in the future.
-
I was not a huge fan of the original episodes and I haven't heard anything new about this one which should make this different. It is however always cool to see when modders are able to actually make a commercial game out of their mod.
-
Congratz man! So are you 3 guys from Threewave here at Mapcore now?
-
You may add me under IO Interactive:)
-
Quad processing setup!!! That is extremely rare, where on earth did you get your hands on that?
-
Many congratulations Ferret! As people say, you deserve it man:)
-
You can do a manual degauss with a good magnet. First place it on the middle of your screen area and then move it outwards. Repeat this in all directions.
I had the same problem with a television a few years ago. It's colors were also pretty fucked and it had no degauss button. So we found a magnet and it turned out it was pretty easy to degauss it manually.
-
The color balance in that texture seems a little wrong Nazul.
IR, that is one sexy texture!
-
I thought HDR would be cool in a map like this. Have you tried with some lower settings?
-
Looks pretty good, but there is a complete lack of object detail except for the crates. In addition it would also look good if you added some small subtle bumps to the ground outdoors.
-
I am a sucker for the churches built in gothic style, so please make even more of that.
-
Damn this game looks nice! Seriously it's amazing that they are pulling all this weather and such off. It has been done before yes, but usually only in an ackward way in a small proof of concept game.
-
I am pretty sure that the e.g. the or operator in 1982 basic did not have support for returning non-boolean values. I do not believe it had extensive support for strings and patterns either.
Here is an example of how I used those things in Fountain:
There are also other also many other differences, but the syntax is similar yes. This however can be said about most of todays common languages.
-
LUA turned out to be a great language and WoW is easy to mod, although it lacks official documentation.
Released a few more versions of the mod. So far it has been received well with more than a thousand downloads and good ratings on curse-gaming.
-
Yep, I got a trainee position as level designer at IO Interactive:) I can't believe it atm, as it's just incredible fantastic to have scored my absolute dream job.