Well I also felt like that until I discovered that Mazy's only love is german schlager music like Heino!
Posts by Zacker
-
-
Such techniques exist today, but are usually rather expensive. Especially the equipment needed costs a lot as far as I know. So if you can make it cheap, then you got good odds:)
-
Over the next 3-6 months we at IO Interactive, creators of the Hitman games, will be looking for level designers (people who design levels and implement/script gameplay).
All level design is done in max, but it's only basic mockup we do, which does not require extensive knowledge of max. If you have any questions then you can post them in this thread or send me a pm.
In addition to level designers we are also recruiting for a few other positions, check [email protected] to get the best treatment.
-
The high number of vertices could also be caused during the bsp parts of the compile if you haven't made proper use of func_detail.
Anyways, as Furyo says it would be very interesting to see a picture of two of your map. Usually max_map_verts is not anything you need to bother about unless that you are making an extremely large and detailed map. Usually there are other reasons behind the error.
-
Give the guy a bit of credit, at least it does not look like he ripped off another guys work this time.
-
Offtopic, but imo it's cool that developers focus on creating great games instead of being nazi about replacing each and every asset.
-
And ohh D3 was actually pretty cool. I got to play both some Wii and Playstation 3. The Wii Play game I played, table tennis, sucked big time as I could not actually swing the bat. I have seen that you should swing the bat when playing tennis in Wii Sports, so no idea of why Wii Play is different.
Some pictures by Jonas from ITE can be found here:
-
If I understand correctly Teddybear, then that head model and texture maps are all done by a script?! If so, GIEF!

-
Looks like solid mapping and I must say that you got some really nice PR, you have posted it on almost each and every forum and mailinglist I am on:D
-
What they said.
-
KoKo5oVaR I love this one! Reminds me of viva pinata:)
-
Looks better and better, but the repetetive houses in the background are annoying. I know that won't get close to them, but still they could need to be spiced up a bit.
-
We did not get there in time for Thine Eyes Bleed, as our map appearently sucked. None of us really care about them anyways.
So Lamb of God were and Children of Bodom were both ok, but none of them had more than 1-2 really good tracks to play.
When In Flames went on stage it was clear that they were so much totally worth it all though. Started out by playing the Knight Rider theme, complete with red LEDs and everything:D
They played with just the right volume and just the right tracks. Lots from Reroute To Remain, Tokyo Showdown and Soundtrack To Your Escape, which all rocks. Nothing from their latest album which was good, as it's one of their weakest.
Last was Slayer which officially was the hottest band, but as expected they were quite boring. We took home after just 4-5 tracks as we already there had heard everything they had to offer.
-
The concert is in Malmö while the D3 expo is in Copenhagen.
In Flames is clearly the top band, but Lamb of God, Children of Bodom and Slayer are also all pretty kickass.
-
This weekend there are two excellent events to attend.
Friday the 17th there is a concert in Malmö with In Flames, Lamb of God, Slayer and others. This is totally a thing which you just can't miss! Anyone else attending?
Saturday and Sunday there is D3, the largest tradeshow for computergames in the north! IO will ofc. be there with a booth, as will all major foreign game companies and the other danish game developers. Along with all us game developers there will also be plenty of gamers and celebreties.
Totally not anything you can miss out on either. The cool thing is that even though it's one of the coolest game dev events in Denmark ever, then it only costs 80dkk. I plan on being there around saturday evening.
So I hope to see some of you guys for at least one of these cool events:)
-
If I just had the skill I would almost want to apply, NS is an incredible cool game.
-
Congratz Klein and the rest of Ubi, seems like you pulled off a fine game!
-
Sounds very much like an advertisement to me.
-
Do we have some links to some good 3ds max render/shader tutorials laying around somewhere here? I was also wondering if these nice looking renders can be done with the default stuff or if I need to download 3rd party renders or shaders?
-
Sounds good Hourences, you are among the most qualified to write a such book! With your quite big mapping experience, then I will for sure try and get my hand on it.