Reminds me of the ones from HL1.
Posts by Zacker
-
-
Try turning down the brightness.
-
Jean please make that tutorial, I have never really had much luck with doing such stuff in Hammer either.
-
Congratz man, I have heard that Starbreeze has become a fantastic place over the last few years.
-
I once had my site powered by Wordpress, but I have gone away from that now. My two major issues with it were:
A) The rich text editor was really immature. The formatting of the text often got more or less lost when I saved it and it converted it to html. So many things got screwed up, linespaces dissapeared, things got formatted as bold which were not supposed to be bold, etc. Looking into the html it generated it was clearly also a big mess and with wrong syntaxes.
B) I wanted to use Wordpress solely as a backend and then use my own existing designs as frontend. Wordpress however seemed to be built to work with only it's own themes and it was some work there to get it stripped down.
-
Some quite amazing stuff there.
-
You may post a new map Skjalg.
-
Those arches scream for more polygons. You seem to have made them with just 8 sides, even back when doing HL1 mapping I used 16 sides. So at least up them to a HL1 limit.
And the wall in the middle on the left want a proper smoothing group.
-
I actually tried to start a map for this contest yesterday. My idea was a map best described as a mix of Liandri Core, Crossfire and Lost Coast. Imagine the Lost Coast level but with labs and a big core room up on the cliffs instead of the city and church. Spice that up with the possibility to blow up everyone inside or outside the big core room.
-
Seems like the world is a fair place afterall.
-
-
Quite nice indeed.
-
-
Just a few days left to sign up in! Check the list of participants so far here:
-
-
Stop complaining about shadows when you got a fully automated GI lightmap solution. You should try working with only vertex lighting and a static shadow system relying on shadows as meshes instead;)
-
Quite nice for a first model.
-
Quick solution is select all the edge polygons of your water plane, clone, and then apply an animated foam texture.
-
It is indeed about time that they get rid of their included discs.
-
Some displacement surfaces with props scattered around is not exactly that exciting. Legendary mapper yes, masterpiece no.