1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • co_centurion

    • Zacker
    • August 30, 2007 at 3:10 PM

    I think it looks really great, the darkness is probably helping the looks an a lot though.

  • Unreal Tournament 3

    • Zacker
    • August 30, 2007 at 3:08 PM

    UT1 and UT2k4 were some fucking fantastic games and I have absolutely confidence in that UT3 will be equally awesome. Assault, both in UT1 and 2k4, is to this date among my absolute favorite gameplay modes in shooters. Cool thing is that it is just one of many things in UT that I really enjoy.

  • Halo 3

    • Zacker
    • August 30, 2007 at 12:29 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    The Halo games are without a doubt the most overhyped games of all time. That doesn't mean I dont enjoy them, but getting 1 mil preorders? wtf!?

    Quoted for truth.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • August 30, 2007 at 12:26 PM

    Damn, yet another Grinster! Congrats:)

  • Looking for headphones

    • Zacker
    • August 24, 2007 at 12:52 PM

    I got a pair of Sennheiser HD 201 at work and the sound is really fantastic. They don't look superexpensive though and I don't think they are either, so if you want great sound for a fair price, then I think they are an obvious choice.

  • Ubisoft announces FarCry 2

    • Zacker
    • August 24, 2007 at 12:44 PM

    FarCry 2 looks damn good, but it is not using any of the CryEngines. The engine is more like an individual, often a member of a group, who migrates from place to place.

    Edit:

    So I disguise the name of the engine as it's not public yet, but then an Ubi guy just mentions it a few posts down...

  • Hitman Trailer

    • Zacker
    • August 24, 2007 at 12:40 PM

    The guy who did the voice for 47 is bald yes, but the model is definitely not modelled after him. Read Mazy's post for more on this.

  • Paramount and Dreamworks drop Blu-ray in favor of HD DVD

    • Zacker
    • August 22, 2007 at 12:24 PM

    When talking game sizes another thing to take into account is that more and more textures might be procedurally generated in the future. This will really help keeping the filesize down.

  • Playstation home beta

    • Zacker
    • August 22, 2007 at 12:18 PM

    Anyone else who have checked out the Playstation Home beta? I just tried it and I must say that I am impressed. It looks great and everything seems to be working smoothly. You got your own private room, a lounge area, a game area and a theater.

    Last thing first, the video streaming is high quality and works really well. In the game area there are various arcade consoles featuring reworks of old arcade games. Some of the controls in these games seemed an a bit odd, but in particular Evac was an a lot of fun.

  • go-kart model

    • Zacker
    • August 22, 2007 at 8:36 AM

    That looks fantastic Zaphod! I like the rocks in the background in particular, they got a real nice sharp look to them.

  • Paramount and Dreamworks drop Blu-ray in favor of HD DVD

    • Zacker
    • August 22, 2007 at 8:32 AM

    All of you who are saying that your current internet lines won't be enough in some years when games start taking up 50 gigs. Well, I think you are forgetting the fact that odds are that internet connection speeds will also go up.

  • Updated VTF Shell Extensions

    • Zacker
    • August 20, 2007 at 10:07 PM

    I would just like to add that if anyone aren't using this plugin yet, then you really should!

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • August 16, 2007 at 6:28 PM

    Many congrats Erratic! If I remember your levels correctly, then it was well deserved.

  • Look inside TF2 Renders

    • Zacker
    • August 15, 2007 at 11:08 AM

    Really interesting video there. I also love how they really make technology and art work together to create those visuals.

  • CALLING ALL ENVIRONMENT ARTISTS!

    • Zacker
    • August 15, 2007 at 11:03 AM

    Note, I was trying to provoke people with my first reply and I guess I went a little too far. So just disregard it:)

    I consider most of your points as valid, I just think it sounds like Captain Obvious. Like when you suggest that the env artists should work with lvl designers, I was just like "O REALLY?".

  • Borderlands

    • Zacker
    • August 15, 2007 at 10:58 AM

    Sounds like a cool game from what little information there is. I agree with Warby that they haven't produced any real good games for me since Opposing Force, so it's nice that they are now doing Aliens and this.

  • game dezign iz funz!!!!!!

    • Zacker
    • August 14, 2007 at 1:40 PM

    Ohh yeah, I remember those adds - they still suck.

  • CALLING ALL ENVIRONMENT ARTISTS!

    • Zacker
    • August 14, 2007 at 1:38 PM
    Quote

    Environment Artist: The Story Teller

    It's called a level designer. Env artists should just take care of the props and then the level designer will take of placing them so they make sense and tell a story, thank you.

  • New pictures of starcraft motherfucking two

    • Zacker
    • August 10, 2007 at 10:22 AM

    Wow, these new screenshots are really impressive! I like the first shot in particular but all of them look great.

    My only worry is that some of it look pretty high poly which might give some performance issues. Blizzard has always pulled of games with reasonable machine requirements though, so they will probably do so again.

  • Memory

    • Zacker
    • August 9, 2007 at 10:30 AM

    You can not use DDR2 in your current keyboard, no. The three main differences from DDR to DDR2 are:

    - Allows for bandwidth

    - Runs at a lower voltage

    - Uses more pins

    Get some PC2-5300 or above and you should be fine. Sometimes the price differences are minimal while they are fairly large at other times.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™