1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Lurker

Posts by Lurker

  • New Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory trailer

    • Lurker
    • January 21, 2005 at 12:55 AM

    Looks very good, as usual for Splinter Cell.

  • U.S. ends search for Iraqi weapons of mass destruction

    • Lurker
    • January 21, 2005 at 12:54 AM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Last time I checked, President Bush went to war on the grounds that there were Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq, not that they were checking for WMD. Thats what weapons inspectors are for.

    I suppose this is all in the master plan of President Bush "securitzing" the world.

    That was a quote from the movie "Team America", a conversation between Hans Blix and the North Korean dictator (for those who don't know the movie :roll: )

    Oh, my mistake, didn't see the movie (yet).

    Sorry

  • U.S. ends search for Iraqi weapons of mass destruction

    • Lurker
    • January 18, 2005 at 10:34 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    "Let us in your palace so we can check it for weapons of mass destruction or else...""...or else?"

    "Or else we will write you a letter which says how angry we are about you not letting us in the palace!"

    Last time I checked, President Bush went to war on the grounds that there were Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq, not that they were checking for WMD. Thats what weapons inspectors are for.

    I suppose this is all in the master plan of President Bush "securitzing" the world.

  • Gearbox, have my babies.

    • Lurker
    • January 15, 2005 at 2:14 AM

    I see more of this now...

    "Those things over their heads are stupid and useless!"

    But I think after people play they will be glad GBX put them in, from what I can see the suppresion icons look like they'll be helpful.

    I'm literally frightened to play BiA, not because its a horror or anything, but I think the AI is going to out-strategize and out-think me, and that thought scares me. I hate the thought of flanking an AI enemy only to realize he's already flanked you, and you meet up with them, they catch you by surprise, and all of a sudden you and your buddies are lying on the ground and you get a "game over" screen.

  • EA buys 20% of UbiSoft

    • Lurker
    • December 22, 2004 at 5:26 PM

    Lets not forget, Ubisoft is and prorbably will be around for a very long, I'd publish with them any day (if I was in the position to decide)

  • EA buys 20% of UbiSoft

    • Lurker
    • December 22, 2004 at 5:51 AM

    Up until a 33% hold of the company, and then it needs to be approved by the company. Something like that anyway, at least EA can't go out and buy up Ubisoft share like candy, that would be horrible.

  • EA buys 20% of UbiSoft

    • Lurker
    • December 21, 2004 at 8:07 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v178/JohnnyPark/IGN/EArEVIL.gif]

    Pretty much sums it up.

    Its amazing how much "bad" press EA is getting now-a-days though, after the over-worked employee fiasco, the NFL exclusivity deal (which seems, IMO, to have brought EA some bad press) and then this takeover has clearly caused some insecurity from people. Lets just hope it doesn't go further.

    Mike, if I remember correctly, Gearbox is under a 10-year deal to develop games for the Brothers in Arms series, if Ubisoft was eventually taken over by EA, would you guys have the option to drop out of the deal or would you be binded in a contract with EA?

  • recording videos on my screen

    • Lurker
    • December 19, 2004 at 5:20 AM

    FRAPS is the name, easily found on google, and its pretty inexpensive if you plan on using it.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™