VoodariuS do you concept your UT maps first or just go with the flow? Your map collection is very creative and I was interested in your workflow. because im trying to find the a good method for me to follow.
Posts by Lee3dee
-
-
whoa! awesome! can u make me an Animal model

-
starcraft editor, followed by UT99 editor
-
that was killswitch on the ps2. It looked and played alot better on the xbox. The cover in GoW definately fits the game. I have to pre-order that collectors edition asap!
-
I bought a 360 mainly to play Gear of War and Oblivion. Unfortunately, i have only picked up GRAW so far. With all the PS3 shortages that you know will happen when its released, consumers will start looking to the next best system, the xb360 or Wii with games that look amazing.
Having seen GoW in person a few months ago, I will be pre-ordering the collectors edition
. -
ummmm yeah, a spot light with the cone showing. Is there something im missing?
-
Manalapan, NJ
-
kept me amused for about 30 mins, then it got very boring. Definately a game for the mindless
. Saints Row demo was terrible, trying so hard to be GTA except there with less people and cars. -
yeah very true. I think its more of US and canada. I'd say apply anyways, and see what happens

-
im sure the minimum requirements will be a little lower for those of us who just want to play the game and not make it look pretty
. I had FarCry pretty minimum until I had a better computer. -
Im pretty sure is USA only, since we have design meetings where everyone gives input on your level.
-
wait until you try the new build, you'll love it
for all the crashing and wierd problems. heh I wouldn't touch any other editor at the moment for the amount of cool stuff U3 has 
-
Hey fellow mapcorians, We are hiring at nfusion Interactive for level designers. I'm not allowed to post in the job section, so if someone can move me that would be cool. If you wondering what engine: Unreal Engine 3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nFusion Interactive is seeking a LEVEL DESIGNER to design levels for a multi-platform NextGen title with a major publisher. We are looking for level design/scripting experience using world-building tools such as UnrealEd, Radiant, and Hammer. Applicant should be a creative and organized individual with a positive attitude that can create enveloping levels with balanced exciting gameplay. Applicant should possess strong communication skills and have excellent knowledge of the development process from concept to final product release.
Responsibilities will include collaboration in the creation of levels including designing, modeling, texturing, and lighting of 3D environments and scripting of gameplay entities and events. Creative and timely resolution of gameplay and production issues.
Applicant should possess a passion for PC and console games.
Please send any materials (resume, portfolio, samples, demos, URLs) to [email protected] Use "NFusion Level Designer Position" in your subject line.
-
Lee Amarakoon
Level Designer, nFusion Interactive (USA)
-
-
congrats man. You'll love unreal engine 3. I love using it as a level designer. I read your blog, very cool!. My interview process for NFusion Interactive was very similar.
Did Gearbox let you sample the UT2007 demo, that all licensee's get

Just remeber Kismet can do wonders!
-
freaking amazing looking map! makes me wish I had a better laptop to run Half-life 2
-
id prefer to buy a book that explains the fundamentals of level design. with other books in the series that tailor towards a specific engine.
The Mastering Unreal was great for a quick reference, but it lacked any good level design documentation, since it was geared towards learning the engine, not creating great maps.
-
For anyone who wants to see the unreal engine 3 editor in action
the clip is from G4 TV. -
these shots looks amazing. Any word on a release date for a public beta? Feels like forever on this mod.
I work with 2 of your texture artists, DarkNemisis & Seth. Those guys are amazing texture artists!