1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Lee3dee

Posts by Lee3dee

  • env_cubemaps and models

    • Lee3dee
    • June 18, 2007 at 6:59 PM

    ummm......dumb question, how do u make a cubemap texture

  • [video] How to get a job in the games industry as an artist

    • Lee3dee
    • June 4, 2007 at 2:53 AM

    that was great!

  • Blizzard's new game

    • Lee3dee
    • May 19, 2007 at 4:55 PM

    SC2 I cannot wait! Now we know why the SC mod for CC was sent a cease & desist

  • Automatic normal maps from diffuse textures...in 5 seconds

    • Lee3dee
    • April 12, 2007 at 11:39 PM
    Quote from Sa74n

    youre so last year handy tool though

    yeah, you guys are slow agreed great tool, been using it for a while

  • Halo 3 Multiplayer behind the scenes

    • Lee3dee
    • April 10, 2007 at 7:28 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    Very interesting to watch

  • The Weapon Shop

    • Lee3dee
    • March 23, 2007 at 9:41 PM

    looks great adam

  • Supermario Doom

    • Lee3dee
    • March 22, 2007 at 1:43 AM

    the screaming yoshi noise is awesome! great post!

  • Unreal vs Source.

    • Lee3dee
    • March 16, 2007 at 12:08 AM

    i've only ever used Unreal, i did once open Hammer and discovered that it was took clunky and i couldn't see my lighting and meshes in realtime, so that experience lasted 10 mins.

    Having now used Ue3 for 9 months, I prefer unreal tech over all the other engines.

  • gta4 soon

    • Lee3dee
    • March 4, 2007 at 7:39 PM

    CRACKDOWN!!!!! is the current GTA4. Except you have to find every one of those damm green orbs! Just when you think you found all of them in 1 area, theres one in the distance. argggggg!

  • January US Console sales

    • Lee3dee
    • February 21, 2007 at 3:22 PM

    I'm happy with my Wii purchase. I won't be buying a ps3 until there are some decent games for it, like MGS or FF. Plus, paying $599 isn't a attractive price for me at the moment.

  • awesome portable games artist

    • Lee3dee
    • February 9, 2007 at 11:08 PM

    amazing work, some of the pixel detail is sick!

  • So...how do you go about getting a job.

    • Lee3dee
    • February 2, 2007 at 6:50 PM

    I started working as a 3d artist, which lead me to working on that indie title that we won't mention with ducks

    After discovering that my skills as a 3d Artist weren't so hot, compared to the next artist, I moved onto level design. With no job, for 6 months I grinded to learn the unreal engine, specifically UT2004. After creating 2 maps, which I know is pretty sad, I applied at nfusion for the environment artist, but found out that they liked my art test more due to my experience with how to use UT2004.

    I've been trying to break into the gaming industry for years, with constant barage of rejection emails or no responses at all. If I hadn't of busted my ass for 6 months to get to a level where I would be noticed, I probably wouldn't be working here.

    I tell everyone who asks me, I worked very hard and got myself to a level where I was making art/levels at the development level.

  • Anyone up for some NES?

    • Lee3dee
    • January 29, 2007 at 2:50 AM

    you have to wonder how much money he initally spent getting some of those rare titles. NES games used to cost at least $40 each. I remeber my friend in High school spent $60 on megaman 6!

  • Heading for Starbreeze this friday!

    • Lee3dee
    • January 28, 2007 at 1:31 AM

    hows the new job? details!!!!

  • crackdown demo

    • Lee3dee
    • January 28, 2007 at 1:28 AM

    i managed to find 96 agility icons, and i spent more time jumping around looking for more than doing missions. I could definately see this more as a rental. But with the addition of the halo2 beta in the inital shipment it will probably sell very well in the inital run.

  • crackdown demo

    • Lee3dee
    • January 27, 2007 at 11:14 PM

    Been playing the crackdown demo for about an hour, demo timer finally kicked in.

    I watched some of the videos online, and they kind of impressed me. I have to say, i may end up buy it, it was pretty fun. Its like GTA, except you can skill up, jump from building to building, throw and kick cars around. Graphics seem fairly styalized.

    Whats everyone else's thoughts?

  • Hour of Victory Announced!

    • Lee3dee
    • January 27, 2007 at 8:13 PM

    TeamXbox posted a preview of it

    http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1 ... ictory/p1/

    It's such an awesome feeling reading about someone else playing your game.

  • CES Physics Demo

    • Lee3dee
    • January 22, 2007 at 10:55 PM

    jelly one was awesome!

  • Heading for Starbreeze this friday!

    • Lee3dee
    • January 22, 2007 at 10:49 PM

    good luck teddy! bring some donuts with you, devs like free food

  • Now playing

    • Lee3dee
    • January 15, 2007 at 2:39 PM

    I rented call of duty 3 and Project 8. Call of duty 3 is very scripted you know when somethings going to happen, where the infinite spawner is located because guys always come out of that 1 area. I was really impressed by the sound and particle FX. Hopefully, BIA will be less scripted and allow you to go outside the set path.

    Project 8 im trying to get into, but I'm too used to SSX 3. Looks gorgeous though.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™