1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Lee3dee

Posts by Lee3dee

  • real-time trees looking for tips and tricks

    • Lee3dee
    • July 29, 2005 at 7:58 AM

    I'm currently working on some outdoor environments for this game that uses the torque engine which is rather limited compare to current engines . Here's a sample of the evergreen i've been working on. Leaves were created in Paint effects, and then mapped onto planes. Which i will reduce from 200 polys to a flat plane for the distant trees.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/Images/env/tree_test01.jpg]

    Not sure if this is the right direction im taking, but thought id get some input

  • Google Earth - Mapcore Members

    • Lee3dee
    • July 22, 2005 at 7:11 AM

    Lee

    Raleigh, NC

  • ESRB CONCLUDES INVESTIGATION INTO GTA: SAN ANDREAS

    • Lee3dee
    • July 22, 2005 at 5:41 AM

    someone on ebay is cashing in on the coffee mod, which recently was removed on all the websites.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =WDVW&rd=1

  • Unreal Engine 3 Demo Footage

    • Lee3dee
    • July 21, 2005 at 2:28 AM
    Quote from InsaneSingingBlender

    seen it all before, only difference is that you get an introduction by a nerdy guy

    the nerdy guy is Tim Sweeny Chairman and CEO or Epic. hehe The gears of war demo was far better to show off the power of the new engine. The level of detail and lighting was better than the tech demos.

  • Looking for Environment Artist to work at Ubisoft Montreal

    • Lee3dee
    • July 20, 2005 at 1:46 AM

    OOOOoooo! I'm so applying for this one! Only problem is im contracted until the end of August on the indie game im working on. Would that be a problem kleinluka? The contract states that I have to finish 3 environments and some interface work which I currently have 2 levels completed, so im almost done.

    You've seen my work, so ure the best to judge if im good enough for what your looking for. I maybe able to get permission to show what im working on now, but its not high rez environments, its low rez outdoor env.

  • Brothers in Arms SDK Released

    • Lee3dee
    • July 14, 2005 at 9:14 PM

    I'm in for a rally WW2 mod! we could race tanks, jeeps, etc! Anyone interested in a racing mod, count me in!

  • Your best Battlefield 2 moment so far...

    • Lee3dee
    • July 14, 2005 at 6:19 AM

    Vg Cats has some funny moments in BF2

    http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/050712.jpg

  • Your best Battlefield 2 moment so far...

    • Lee3dee
    • July 13, 2005 at 7:11 PM

    ok, so i broke down and bought Battlefield 2 . Its it just me or are most guns terrible inaccurate! the sniper rifle is think is the worst. Its still a great game, takes forever to load on high end machines, and its laggy as hell. But hey, there are some great moments that happen while u play. hehe.

  • Guilds Wars vs World of Warcraft

    • Lee3dee
    • July 8, 2005 at 4:45 PM

    lots of good comments guys. thx . I have every Blizzard game on the PC, except diablo 1 & 2. hehe

    I played Final Fantasy XI for a year, and it was alot of grinding for experience. Always fighting something, then u'd level down and spend few weeks trying to level back. The quests were fun like halloween and christmas, but they didn't provide any experience to the character, only that you unlocked more quests to do. It got really boring, fast. I really want a MMO where I can maybe play for a few hours every so often and have a good experience. Seems like alot of you play WoW, which is great! When I got to level 50 white mage, it was harder to find parties and spells were insanely expensive!

    Is it easy to go from town to town, or server to server? to meet people?

    Is it important for a player to join a guild?

  • Guilds Wars vs World of Warcraft

    • Lee3dee
    • July 8, 2005 at 6:24 AM

    I'd like a new RPG to play, I want to try both GW and WOW, but im not sure which to get. GW is free to play is a good factor, but I hear alot of good things about WoW. Anyone care to share their thoughts if they play either of them

  • War of the Worlds....

    • Lee3dee
    • July 4, 2005 at 7:36 AM

    ignored all the spoilers, since i didn't see it yet. My fiance doesn't want to see another "look at me, im tom cruise" movie, so i'll probably have to go alone. hehe. sounds like it was a great movie, i'll have to check it out this week then, after crunch is over.

  • Big Brother is watching you :D

    • Lee3dee
    • July 4, 2005 at 7:22 AM

    thats cool I like Googlezon. hehe

  • Big Brother is watching you :D

    • Lee3dee
    • June 29, 2005 at 7:30 AM

    http://earth.google.com/index.html

    awesome application, scary that so much data is available freely. hehe

  • remeber Tempest, try this :D

    • Lee3dee
    • June 21, 2005 at 4:46 AM

    My friend sent me this, small install but is extremely fun

    http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu/windows/tt_e.html

  • revamped showreel - requires crits

    • Lee3dee
    • June 21, 2005 at 3:56 AM

    My friend found this great program for making DVDs out of AVI's

    DVD Santa

    http://www.mp3towav.org/dvdSanta/

    it has a free demo thats watermarked, but you'll see that its worth the purchace. All you do is import the avi and the program makes the DVD folders and you burn it to DVD. Instant demo reel which plays in all DVD players I've been using it to make demo reels myself. hehe

  • Can you smell what the Blizz is cooking?

    • Lee3dee
    • June 21, 2005 at 3:52 AM

    starcraft 2 or world of Blizzard. hehe. either way, you know its going to be awesome!

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • Lee3dee
    • June 19, 2005 at 3:40 AM

    whats some good sites for learning how to use the hammer editor? importing static meshes, etc.

  • the "mr and mrs smith" was better than batman thre

    • Lee3dee
    • June 18, 2005 at 4:15 AM

    personally, I'll see batman before I spend a dime on Mr. & Ms. Batman looks really good!

  • revamped showreel - requires crits

    • Lee3dee
    • June 18, 2005 at 2:48 AM

    hey Adam,

    Reel is much better than before, the slow pace and the music really work together.

    1. In the beginning you show your character development, from concepts to final, except you do not mention this in the other models.

    1b. The latest model at the bottom it says that it has a spec and bump maps, i'd show your bump and spec maps in the video. At the moment, it looks like you raised the spec level in Max and added the texture to the bump.

    2. The inside tunnel environment is rotating and then you show the textures unlike the other models where the textures are next to them. I'd do the same and not include the reference photos. Mainly because the textures look like they were referenced. Maybe show texture sets you used to create texture the environment, for example the Gearbox Art Test I received, I could only use 1024 pixel by 256 pixel map. It would show that you work within a memory limitation.

    3. 36MB with Road Runner took me about 3 mins. If you can, get the video down to less than 20mb for the web. Keep it high if your making DVD demo reels.

    Everything else looks great!

    Lee

  • Gearbox Software Is Hiring

    • Lee3dee
    • June 17, 2005 at 10:40 PM

    I'd love to apply, will have i have to do the same art test as the COGs test

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™