1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Lee3dee

Posts by Lee3dee

  • real-time trees looking for tips and tricks

    • Lee3dee
    • August 9, 2005 at 3:12 AM

    KoKo5oVaR those are great for only 200 polys! i love the pic of the gravity gun with the coconuts. hehe

  • real-time trees looking for tips and tricks

    • Lee3dee
    • August 9, 2005 at 2:32 AM

    Zacker: add away. This can be like a mini challenge, The Art of Tree making for real-time games. hehe

    Farles: thats some great info. Thankyou for that

    Been playing Ghost Recon 2: Summit Strike and checking out how Red Storm does their trees and foliage.

    The 3 trees that I made above didn't export well into the torque engine, but worked fine in Unreal Editor, so I could sell them on turbosquid or just use them in my portfolio. Not sure if real-time homemade trees are in mass desire since we're almost in Next-gen systems. hehe

  • Summer!

    • Lee3dee
    • August 6, 2005 at 3:57 AM

    this summer has been interesting for me. Picked up a job working at a small indie studio, working crazy hours to get a game published by christmas. I am experiencing game development on the fast track i think. hehe. With weekly builds and constant changes Other than that its been a very hot summer

  • Department of Homeland Security issues ban on video game

    • Lee3dee
    • August 4, 2005 at 1:48 AM

    guys guys, its a fake ! I thought u'd see it with the link I just thought it was funny reading

  • Department of Homeland Security issues ban on video game

    • Lee3dee
    • August 3, 2005 at 11:17 PM

    http://auritribe.net/cnn/

  • Landed Myself a Job!

    • Lee3dee
    • August 3, 2005 at 9:34 PM

    congrats have fun using the Unreal 3 engine

  • Looking for Environment Artist to work at Ubisoft Montreal

    • Lee3dee
    • August 3, 2005 at 1:58 AM

    still looking? Wow how many applicants have u gotten so far?

  • Mongo Smurfs Home

    • Lee3dee
    • August 3, 2005 at 1:56 AM

    id almost make the chimney a little rounded to go with the mushroom shape. The hard edge of the chimney makes it really stand out.

  • real-time trees looking for tips and tricks

    • Lee3dee
    • August 3, 2005 at 1:54 AM

    KungFuSquirrel: looks good reminds me of Hawaii. hehe this thread should be good for those looking to make real-time trees

    Here's my current progress

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/Images/env/foliage01.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/Images/env/pine01.jpg]

    Even though im sure most companies use speedtree or another tree program to do their models. hehe

  • 3d VIZ

    • Lee3dee
    • August 3, 2005 at 1:46 AM

    according to my student in the max class i taught this summer, it has the same functionality as 3dsmax for mapping textures, and UV unwrapping. I've never seen or used it, so i don't know

  • Cool Kids modeling contest, make a crate

    • Lee3dee
    • August 3, 2005 at 1:44 AM

    some old crates i made for my unfinished UT2004 level. hehe

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/Images/env/crate01.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/Images/env/crate02.jpg]

    I'll make a new one this week

  • ESRB CONCLUDES INVESTIGATION INTO GTA: SAN ANDREAS

    • Lee3dee
    • July 31, 2005 at 2:55 AM

    my friends and I had the same problem renting Poltergheist, later found out why...... it scared the #$%^ out of us!. hehe

  • ESRB CONCLUDES INVESTIGATION INTO GTA: SAN ANDREAS

    • Lee3dee
    • July 30, 2005 at 10:56 PM

    I think making the game into AO was a good idea since I unlocked the coffee mod just out of interest what the deal was. I think removing it off the shelves was a bit excessive, since the majority of people who bought the game since its release are probably aren't even going to attempt to figure out how to unlock the bonus sex mini game.

    This is what I don't get. On TV you are exposed to sex, drugs, violence, death, murder, all the forms of "everyday life" but when its in a videogame, its like the end of the world. I picked up XBOX GTA SA last week, I had to show ID to buy it. Moments after a woman walked in, asked for the same game, showed the ID walked outside and gave it to her young son sitting in the car. He barely looked older than 16.

    If we are going to be restricting the sale of MA and AO games to kids, shouldn't we also be restricting parents?

  • Doom III Single-player Levels

    • Lee3dee
    • July 30, 2005 at 8:24 AM

    I think Doom3 got lost in the wake of Half-life 2 . Maybe the new Doom movie will help spark some interest again.

  • Reason for Console Regions?

    • Lee3dee
    • July 30, 2005 at 8:18 AM

    I chipped my psx, ps2, dreamcast so I could buy games that I knew were never coming to the USA or would take forever to get published here. I used to spend so much money at NCS imports. hehe

    Making the PSP and GBA games region free was the best idea for sony and nintendo, because it allows gamers to play games from other countries of the same frequency. (NTSC & PAL). Unfortunately, the movies aren't the same way as games probably because its cheaper in some countries than others maybe. Distribution rights etc.

    If i could mod the ps3 to play import I would, but with the problems of piracy i doubt Sony is going to let their baby become a region free system.

  • Elvish Warrior

    • Lee3dee
    • July 30, 2005 at 3:54 AM

    wow dude, thats an awesome drawing! Are you going to do some normal mapping on him or stick with low or high poly?

  • real-time trees looking for tips and tricks

    • Lee3dee
    • July 29, 2005 at 7:07 PM

    i think i got as low as i can go for players view for it too look like a tree. hehe

    distant trees will be dual sided planes. hehe

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/Images/env/tree_test04.jpg]

  • real-time trees looking for tips and tricks

    • Lee3dee
    • July 29, 2005 at 6:32 PM

    jaardsi: hehe, i had no NDA to sign. Its a realistic duck hunting game. I'm doing most of the environments, interfaces and objects. It's hopefully be published at christmas.

    Test 3

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/Images/env/tree_test03.jpg]

    the single player level, the dunter stays on the island and most of the trees and vegitation are planes in the background. But for the multiplayer, I need to make fairly low poly trees that isn't going to slow down the engine that the hunter can see.

  • real-time trees looking for tips and tricks

    • Lee3dee
    • July 29, 2005 at 4:37 PM

    von*ferret: thanks some very good tips there, I'll try them out in a few mins.

  • real-time trees looking for tips and tricks

    • Lee3dee
    • July 29, 2005 at 8:25 AM

    thanks von*ferret i did that for the 2 on the right. But thats a good idea. Another image before bed with varying polys.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.lee3dee.com/Images/env/tree_test02.jpg]

    once i figure this out, i have to make snow covered ones too, oh boy!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™