1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Lee3dee

Posts by Lee3dee

  • Quake 4 site actually updated!

    • Lee3dee
    • October 8, 2005 at 9:06 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    Xbox 360 is pointless unless you're not bothered about MODs...

    hehe good point there, scrap that idea. I go pre-order quake 4 get a tshirt too. go with my Quake 2 t-shirt and Quake 3 Hockey Jersey.

  • Your portfolio repels jobs

    • Lee3dee
    • October 8, 2005 at 9:01 PM

    good article, thanks kleinluka.

    For me, i don't bother using flash for my website, I want to give visitors a quick and simple look at my work. From the few responses I got from companies I applied too, most said they wanted to see my texture maps as well, so they can see how I create the textures.

    I agree with the article, about showing thumbnails of a piece of your work is decieving. Seems like alot of artists do that, show a good part of their work which reveals the rest of the image.

    As I start working on my portfolio again, this article was very useful, thankyou for posting it. I'll show it to my students as well. hehe

  • Ford Crown Victoria (Taxicab version)

    • Lee3dee
    • October 7, 2005 at 4:56 PM

    yeah, i agree with everyone else, the texturing is really awesome. Any chance to see a wire of the mesh and the texture map?

  • DESIGNER (Level) position in SoCal

    • Lee3dee
    • October 7, 2005 at 4:32 AM

    don't these people know that we can just apply at the studio instead of having them take out any recruiter money. hehe

  • Quake 4 site actually updated!

    • Lee3dee
    • October 7, 2005 at 4:30 AM

    hmmm should i buy the PC version.....or wait for the xbox360 version. Or wait to find an xbox360 since I didn't pre-order quick enough, choices......

    looks awesome tho

  • Autodesk aqcuires Alias!

    • Lee3dee
    • October 5, 2005 at 5:24 PM

    I'm a maya/max user. I use maya everyday, im a happy that both programs may see some intergration between each other. Some cool features for the artists .

    3dsmax needs a Maya-like interface, quickbar navigation, Maya needs a modifier stack. hehe

  • "Hey man, you got a job!"

    • Lee3dee
    • October 5, 2005 at 5:18 PM

    Congrats!!!! on the job!.

  • job announcement

    • Lee3dee
    • September 28, 2005 at 8:11 AM

    congrats ginsengavenger Factor 5 games have always been amazing! I'm sure u'll be working on some hot title u cannot talk about for Nintendo Revolution maybe Rebel Strike 3. hehe

  • World of Warcraft Nude Music Video

    • Lee3dee
    • September 27, 2005 at 9:09 AM

    Thought id share this with you all. Its very funny what the guy did with WoW, by re-texturing the female characters and doing some interesting things with them

    http://www.zippyvideos.com/5902636211285036/nudewow/

    WARNING NOT FOR WORK! contains nude player models. hehe

  • best max books?

    • Lee3dee
    • September 21, 2005 at 4:28 AM

    for characters

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s&n=507846

    if you doing it for the unreal engine, then just buy the Unreal Bible

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s&n=507846

    I teach the Unreal Bible in the Unreal Tech class. Its the best book on unreal Tech

    sorry, but the 3ds max 7 bible is alot of pages for me. If you just want the meat, follow the tutorials with the program.

  • CryEngine2 techdemo

    • Lee3dee
    • September 19, 2005 at 7:05 PM

    WOW! the best part was yeah the sun coming through the leaves and the volumetric clouds. Looks amazing!. Are there any games that use the crytek engine, except for farcry? Just wondering because it seems like more companies are using Unreal/Doom3/HL2 engines instead.

  • Advent Children

    • Lee3dee
    • September 18, 2005 at 1:08 AM

    Watched advent children last week. It was amazing! If you haven't playing Final Fantasy 7 and finished it, you will not understand what the story is about and whats going on. The CG was awesome, and the continuation of the story pulled you in for all 1 hour and 40 minutes. I have the DVD on pre-order, but since Squaresoft delayed the DVD in the USA so they could add english voices, I wanted to see it the day it came out, and it was well worth it

  • Ultimate Duck Hunting Artwork

    • Lee3dee
    • September 16, 2005 at 7:30 PM

    added a new skybox to stuttgart level, after the level designer added a rising sun to the level.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.ultimateduckhunting.com/art/stuttgart_new.png]

    some of my evergreens in another level.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.ultimateduckhunting.com/art/oakisland.png]

  • Ultimate Duck Hunting Artwork

    • Lee3dee
    • September 16, 2005 at 3:42 AM

    Been working on this run cycle all day, somethings not right.......anyone have any experience in animating 4 legged character. I have been watching some reference footage, but its hard to see the feet placement

    http://www.lee3dee.com/runCycle.avi

  • Your Top5 game developers

    • Lee3dee
    • September 13, 2005 at 5:17 PM
    Quote from Holeman

    im going to be the first to say gearbox WHOOO!!! /bows to mapcore overlords

    hehe, u'll get a featured artist for that post

  • Your Top5 game developers

    • Lee3dee
    • September 13, 2005 at 5:15 PM

    Epic Games: UT, UT2003, UT2004

    ID Software: Doom 1 &2, Quake 2 & 3.

    Rockstar North: Grand Theft Auto series

    Blizzard (North & South) StarCraft, warcraft, diablo, etc.

    BioWare: Jade Empire, KOTOR, NWN

  • Low Poly Building

    • Lee3dee
    • September 12, 2005 at 5:37 PM

    Looks really nice. I'd like to see some variation in the windows. since ure using a titled texture, you could adjust the UVs to add in broken windows, etc.

  • Ultimate Duck Hunting Artwork

    • Lee3dee
    • September 12, 2005 at 4:29 PM

    Zacker: hehe, i started as a environment artist and by the time the other artist quit and it was only me cranking out all the artwork until I got my friends onboard too, they gave me the lead position based on how much additional work I was doing. hehe

  • Second release - 5 skies.

    • Lee3dee
    • September 12, 2005 at 3:21 PM

    how about writing a nice tutorial for us to learn your process

    Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee!

  • Ultimate Duck Hunting Artwork

    • Lee3dee
    • September 12, 2005 at 3:17 PM

    Minotauro: thanks Only bad thing about the engine is that it doesn't support shadows, which I wanted really badly, would make the game look awesome!. but for $400 its very reasonable. I baked shadows on most of the artwork, but it didn't translate well into the engine

    generalvivi: Mid Carolina Media is funding the project. There are 2 other artists and 2 programmers. So total 5 of us making the game.

    FrieChamp: hehe, does Baden-Württemberg look anything like that?

    RA7: some people did vote zombies . I voted for 3rd one . The game is a duck hunting game

    JynxDaddy: I will when we get to 100% in the beta, promise

    Kedhrin: is that a anti-bush voter

    Captain P: Thanks . Single player is shooting the ducks upto 6 times and then retrieving them with the dog, which is controlled by the player.

    Multiplayer is going to be 6 people against each other to catch the most ducks. There is some high points for colored hucks and hidden bonuses and points taken away for endangered species. Multiplayer will be great because if you shoot a bird, and any player sees it fall, its open game to everyone, so a battle to see who will get the bird first occurs

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™