1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Lee3dee

Posts by Lee3dee

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Lee3dee
    • October 24, 2012 at 2:49 PM

    Hey guys, haven't been around in a while Really like the new site and forum.


    I'm no longer at UTV True Games, or KingsIsle Entertainment. Taking a break, working at home for a bit freelancing, currently working with U4iA Games on Offensive Combat. Its been nice to finally spend time working out everyday, loose my fat gut that has plagued me for so many years.

  • Donate to MapCore, feel awesome!

    • Lee3dee
    • December 2, 2011 at 10:41 PM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    Donated, finally. SO BUSY.

    get back to work, StarHawk needs patching!

    if mine gets refunded, just let me know and I'll send it via paypal or money if my paypal is still hacked

  • Donate to MapCore, feel awesome!

    • Lee3dee
    • November 29, 2011 at 6:57 PM

    Donated!

    Thx to MapCore I wouldn't of moved to Texas Where BBQ is amazing!

    [Blocked Image: http://http.cdnlayer.com/smoola/00/00/cc/be6c6bf2512085a8_m.jpg]

  • Hunted: The Demon's Forge (releases today - 5/31)

    • Lee3dee
    • June 4, 2011 at 7:04 AM

    I rented the PS3 version tonight, and wasn't impressed The level design was bland, the colors are washed out and the lighting of the levels look like the designers were only allowed to use a 5 lights. The combat felt like Gears of War, go into cover, shoot with arrow, do some hacking, repeat. The game behind the scenes made the game sound so epic, and innovative that it got me all excited to try this out.

    It's really easy to spot the movers for the scripting, because they are unlit and stick out of the world like a sore thumb. Gameplay got a little dry, I played it for a good 2 hours before ejecting the dvd and putting it back in the case. I definitely enjoy RPG dungeon crawlers, I just think this one could use a little more polish time in the gameplay mechanic, do something new. Sounds like the PC version is much better

  • Lee Amarakoon - Visual FX Artist

    • Lee3dee
    • May 24, 2011 at 5:29 PM

    After I saw Helder ([HP]) and Andrew (KungFuSquirrel) update their portfolios, I thought it was time to update mine, since we are launching Faxion Online on May 26th. I'll be uploading a new Faxion reel once we release, that has more footage than the current one on my site. I didn't include any of the levels I worked on when I was a level designer, since I'm having way too much fun as a Visual FX Artist

    http://www.3dwasabi.com/wp/

    Comments are always welcome

  • ITT: Post maps/scenes that never saw the light of the day.

    • Lee3dee
    • April 22, 2011 at 10:26 PM

    I agree with everyone, release it!

  • Homefront

    • Lee3dee
    • March 18, 2011 at 5:35 AM

    Still waiting on a demo so I can try it. But next week is Crisys2

  • Faxion Online FX

    • Lee3dee
    • November 17, 2010 at 11:18 PM

    kinda portfolio related I wanted to share with you all some screens for the game I'm working on as FX Artist. Its called Faxion Online. Its territory control PVP combat, Massively released an story about it today, http://www.massively.com/2010/11/17/cla ... ouncement/

    [Blocked Image: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.massively.…hockwavef01.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.massively.…1/recoilf01.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.massively.…1/impactf01.jpg]

  • Call of Duty 7: Black Ops

    • Lee3dee
    • November 9, 2010 at 4:21 PM

    I'm still gonna pick up the 360 version. but on PC I'm staying with Bad Company 2 for my military fps needs

  • Raven Software hit with layoffs

    • Lee3dee
    • October 11, 2010 at 7:59 PM

    40 is a huge hit in the development workforce over there. Hope everyone finds work soon.

  • Mapcore Meet Up Frankfurt Dec 12th

    • Lee3dee
    • December 7, 2009 at 5:30 PM

    I'll see if I can borrow MikeZilla's private jet for the event

  • UDK Tutorials/Jobs/Snippets - The Ball

    • Lee3dee
    • November 6, 2009 at 10:29 PM

    awesome job on the tutorials! I figured out fracture last night on a bsp converted to staticmesh. I've been using Phat editor to do destructable meshes, i guess this is a simpler way

  • Battlefield Bad Company 2

    • Lee3dee
    • September 24, 2009 at 7:02 PM

    looks awesome!

  • Game Industry Mentor

    • Lee3dee
    • September 23, 2009 at 5:41 PM

    One of the guys at BioWare started a podcast for those looking to get their foot in the door in the games industry. It's great to listen for anyone that's interested, the first 2 episodes he talks about Audio Design & Tech Artists.

    If you have any topics that you'd like to see covered, just leave some comments.

    http://gim.acanaday.com/

    -Lee

  • Assassin's Creed 2

    • Lee3dee
    • July 14, 2009 at 12:14 AM

    can't wait to play Assassins Creed 2! Even my wife wants me to buy it so she can admire the historic architecture

  • Scene from a Movie - Aliens

    • Lee3dee
    • March 23, 2009 at 4:26 PM

    Added background rocks, ramp lighting from the movie, and a little something for the ALIENS fans

    [Blocked Image: http://www.3dwasabi.com/Models/GA-Aliens/hadleyship.jpg]

    HP and our project has even gotten a little notice on the web http://www.crysisnews.de/news-artikel,H ... Kommentare (German)

  • Portfolio redesign...my turn

    • Lee3dee
    • March 17, 2009 at 4:37 PM

    i like the new look Awesome collection of work Francois!

  • Unreal Engine 3 updates

    • Lee3dee
    • March 17, 2009 at 4:30 PM

    yeah, would be awesome to release this to the community especially for those of us who are no longer working at a Unreal based company. All we can look forward is to a game release that uses the new tech so we can play with it in the editor.

  • SFAM - Arhurt

    • Lee3dee
    • March 13, 2009 at 7:01 AM

    If you want your meshes to have good lighting, you'll need to create a second UV channel for each mesh exported. I had to learn this from the artists on BIA: Hell's Highway which helps to produce good clean light maps. The light map cannot contain overlapping uvs, you can use automatic unwrap, as long as they are contained in the 0-1 uv box. In 3dsmax its relatively easy, you just change to UV2 in the unwrap modifier.

  • Scene from a Movie - Minotaur0

    • Lee3dee
    • March 10, 2009 at 7:22 AM

    looking good! Can't wait to see more.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™