1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Milpool

Posts by Milpool

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • Milpool
    • November 8, 2004 at 9:36 PM

    Hi, I have a few newbie questions.

    I played around with WorldCraft a bit back in HL1, but this is my first serious attempt at mapping with Hammer in source.

    Okay first, I'm having issues with my skybox, I followed the VERC tutorial on 3D skyboxes, which i found a little confusing, but eventually figured out what to do. So I have my 1/16th scale box, sans reference models, with the sky_camera in it. I made a hollow brush with the skybox texture around my map. I apply one of the skybox textures to the 1/16th model, which turns the whole box a solid colour, which can now be seen from anywhere on the map. In game the sky is just that one solid colour.

    Second, are the barrels, etc, in source prefabs? If so, is there anywhere I can get these? Since with my own barrels when I try to apply the source barrel textures, they just turn solid black.

    EDIT:

    Third, when I try to make shattering windows with func_breakable_surface or really anything with breakable_surface it doesn't show up in game, whatever i had tied to that entity does not show up. Also with the prop_physics entity, when I place world objects in my map, they do not show up in game.

    Thanks, I know I have more questions I just can't think of them now.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™