1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. ginsengavenger

Posts by ginsengavenger

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKEYZ!!!!!!!!!~@~@##"?$

    • ginsengavenger
    • April 17, 2006 at 7:08 AM

    grats on the levelup~

  • titanic 2...

    • ginsengavenger
    • April 15, 2006 at 5:39 PM

    That shit is hilarious. Must have every movie leo's been in, I also recognize pieces of Shawshank Redemption and Primal Fear.

  • I've been offered a job!

    • ginsengavenger
    • April 14, 2006 at 6:55 AM

    nice one man!

  • Yet Another Article on Game Dev Careers

    • ginsengavenger
    • April 13, 2006 at 8:31 AM

    I give myself five years. In five years I'll probably say the same thing. Until I die.

  • Share the comic stripz0rz for the netz0rz!

    • ginsengavenger
    • April 13, 2006 at 8:16 AM

    achewood is my favorite. i also read overcompensating on a daily basis:

    http://www.overcompensating.com

  • Accellerated modelling program like I-Deas?

    • ginsengavenger
    • April 11, 2006 at 8:29 AM

    Seriously guys SketchUp is awesome for quick modeling. It's quick to learn and /fast/ once you know it. sometimes it's a pain in the bitch but it's a damn useful program, I'm even using it at work to prototype heightmaps :]

  • ILM and LucasArts "Merge"

    • ginsengavenger
    • April 11, 2006 at 8:23 AM

    good luck ferret! lemme know if you come out to the bay

  • Hammer: Bullet Hole Decals

    • ginsengavenger
    • April 9, 2006 at 6:30 PM

    It's also vertex lit which doesn't work real well on brushwork.. when you redefine the material make it lightmapped (LightmappedGeneric? I forget).

  • SiN: Episodes

    • ginsengavenger
    • April 9, 2006 at 9:31 AM

    That's the beauty of an episodic game - you buy one episode, get the gist and if it's not your cup of tea you don't have to buy the rest

    Maybe they make significant engine improvements or redirect the course of the game later down the line, fine then it's your choice to opt back in and buy another episode or two. But the whole point is it benefits the consumer because you can choose to buy as much as you want.

  • de_static *RC VERSION DL* - updated 16/02

    • ginsengavenger
    • April 9, 2006 at 1:32 AM

    the shots say beta, so is there a download link or what?

  • de_static *RC VERSION DL* - updated 16/02

    • ginsengavenger
    • April 8, 2006 at 10:20 PM

    that's quite nice, looks pretty solid. I'd like to give it a go.

  • Mom published by time

    • ginsengavenger
    • April 7, 2006 at 7:03 AM

    is somebody inside that car? that's what makes it for me... grats to your mother

  • As tipical in my, orc face painting+drawing

    • ginsengavenger
    • April 7, 2006 at 7:01 AM

    I like it, it's got character. But yeah, try to develop some more volume. Latter versions are getting better but it's still kinda flat especially in the forehead. I'm trying to figure out exactly where the lightsource is but it's not quite clear.. the chin, cheekbones and eyebrow are highlighting from the lower right but the ear on the right is highlighted from above.

    I'd like to see this developed into an entire character

    Squirrel I like the texture of your version but the colors are a bit too ill

  • de_corse *final*

    • ginsengavenger
    • April 7, 2006 at 6:47 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.forumplanet.com/iconcommon/counter-strikeforums/sets/reply/thumbs_up.gif][Blocked Image: http://www.forumplanet.com/iconcommon/counter-strikeforums/sets/reply/thumbs_up.gif][Blocked Image: http://www.forumplanet.com/iconcommon/counter-strikeforums/sets/reply/thumbs_up.gif] three thumbs up for finishing the beast ^^

    gonna play it ASAP.

  • CAD premium

    • ginsengavenger
    • April 5, 2006 at 7:19 AM
    Quote from Jezpuh

    cad sucks

    and tim buckley is an ugly person

  • Favourite musical pieces from games

    • ginsengavenger
    • April 4, 2006 at 7:46 AM

    Come on guys. TETRIS THEME FTW

  • What Games are you playing?

    • ginsengavenger
    • April 4, 2006 at 7:39 AM
    Quote from Minotauro

    I'm finally playing Resident Evil 4

    good job, good game

  • Girl suspended from U.S. school over red highlights in hair

    • ginsengavenger
    • April 4, 2006 at 7:38 AM
    Quote from Bic-B@ll

    hoodies are awesome, they're warm and fuzzy

    truth

  • totally random texture thread

    • ginsengavenger
    • April 4, 2006 at 7:26 AM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    you have to see it like this, its hanging in a saloon, beers have been spilled over it, its all sticking to the wall... its not transparant, just brownish paper :wink:

    And me, I thought it was a crate ;P

    Thing is, the wood grain is really showing through it--that's the worst part to me.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • ginsengavenger
    • April 2, 2006 at 7:14 PM
    Quote from hessi

    btw. are there any mini cooper (the classic ones like mine) over in the US/Canada? in TV i see those big fuel wasting cars. i could imagine that some people would be laughing on this car due to its tinyness.

    More like driving *over* it in their SUV D:

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™