1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. ginsengavenger

Posts by ginsengavenger

  • San Andreas...

    • ginsengavenger
    • August 1, 2006 at 8:33 AM

    Sorry dude. When the games were taking the awesome illicit stuff from real life (carjacking, extortion, murder) and making it the bread and butter of the game, that was fun. Taking the boring mundane shit and making it the game is boring and mundane. The most fun thing to ride in that game is a bicycle. I don't want to have to stop at the pizza hut and eat. I don't want to have to work a job in a fucking game. Worst design shift ever.

  • San Andreas...

    • ginsengavenger
    • August 1, 2006 at 4:43 AM

    San Andreas is a boring game that looks ugly. Tamagotchi gangster bullshit

  • I Got a Job in the Game Industry! ^_^

    • ginsengavenger
    • July 29, 2006 at 9:27 AM
    Quote from Bic-B@ll

    you are like a kid in a gearbox break room

    good god yes

    grats dude i am proud. my first interview was flat out hellish. nonetheless come on dude are you not with the program

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • ginsengavenger
    • July 29, 2006 at 5:14 AM
    Quote from ginger_lord

    Lead Climbing is great...http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8425/fallkc6.jpg

    Until you make a mistake.

    Nice.. i'm just getting into climbing, been going to indoor gyms a couple times a week for a couple/few months. really digging it

  • MapCore Job Census

    • ginsengavenger
    • July 29, 2006 at 5:05 AM

    Factor 5 (USA)

    gin

  • Prey (Spoilers)

    • ginsengavenger
    • July 26, 2006 at 6:28 AM

    I thought it was a good solid game, I like the oldschool flavor with a couple twists of lemon. Spent about 10 hours on it I guess. Better than a lot of high profile games that get pushed out the door. I did enjoy the flight levels, I appreciate a flight vehicle that just does what I want it to do and goes where I tell it to. Felt better than navigating in maya ;P

    oh yeah and ROCK ON Art Bell

  • the german TV is fucked up

    • ginsengavenger
    • July 22, 2006 at 8:19 AM
    Quote from RD

    Nobody can convince even the dumbest kid that doom is real.

    If shooters didn't evoke something very real in people, do you think we would find them so compelling?

    I for one hope there are programs like this on television when I have children so I never have to discuss sex with them myself

    /dies

  • Lost Planet demo

    • ginsengavenger
    • July 15, 2006 at 9:35 PM

    I really, really enjoyed the demo. Way up on my list of 360 titles. I found the controls quite comfortable, the look and feel are really spot on IMO. It really just felt quite well polished and tuned. I was impressed how long the demo was too, Capcom put a fairly generous amount of content out there.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • ginsengavenger
    • July 10, 2006 at 7:00 AM

    chucks are making you flat footed, get some insoles ;p

  • Spiderman 3 trailer

    • ginsengavenger
    • June 29, 2006 at 7:10 AM

    yeah it's just the suit, not venom - unless they're not showing the whole deal in the trailer. But why would they go straight for Venom when they can milk it for another full length feature?

    I'm pretty lukewarm about the spiderman movies tbh.

  • TEH FIRST MAP THREAD !!1 :D~~ - post yours too ;)

    • ginsengavenger
    • June 22, 2006 at 3:44 AM

    Dude I remember that map.

  • dm_avon [Half-Life 2 deathmatch)

    • ginsengavenger
    • June 21, 2006 at 7:51 AM

    that's good mino but it doesn't offset the blegh of the rest of it

  • DE_KERK [updated July 5th, new screens page 2 + beta d/l]

    • ginsengavenger
    • June 21, 2006 at 7:50 AM

    fletch ur map sux more than a hooker with a penis

    for old times' sake

  • dm_avon [Half-Life 2 deathmatch)

    • ginsengavenger
    • June 20, 2006 at 5:15 AM

    christ it's a fkn circle jerk in here.

    Mino you know I like you but come on dude you can do more than this. This is well detailed and lit but that's all it's got: there's no underlying design. The setting is totally lacking, the entire thing is literally *level* and there's no open air whatsoever. Just let it be portfolio filler and move on to something interesting

  • got a job

    • ginsengavenger
    • June 17, 2006 at 4:40 AM

    good news. Few people have so impressed me with their work over the years

  • Best Sniper levels from a "fixed" position

    • ginsengavenger
    • June 12, 2006 at 8:10 AM

    Not a PC game, but Terminator 3: Redemption was actually a pretty fun semi-rail shooter.

  • I just can't f*cking believe it... [graphic content]

    • ginsengavenger
    • June 1, 2006 at 6:56 AM

    insert joke about the Sheriff of Nottingham

    /dies

  • The truth behind "healthy and sweety bidis"

    • ginsengavenger
    • May 25, 2006 at 7:36 AM

    those little things are horrible. best quote:

    Quote

    Because of their sense of justice, teens might care about the poor working conditions of the impoverished factory laborers rolling their bidis.

  • PS3 discussion update

    • ginsengavenger
    • May 25, 2006 at 7:31 AM

    I'll be buying a 360 in a week and a Wii off the bat. Maybe (MAYBE) in a couple years I'll buy a PS3 if it's well enough established and supported. Right now I'm very skeptical. And right now I'm working on a PS3 game.

  • I've got a proper job!

    • ginsengavenger
    • May 25, 2006 at 7:14 AM

    grats in the hats mate++

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™