looks good reminds me somehow of both cs_assault and de_vertigo
Posts by static07
-
-
If it's a CPL style map, I wouldn't care to much about a theme, everything has been done, just do something with those "roofs" a trim or summin.
-
Looks very good, but as gins said, it's has a lot of empty areas.
-
zt_assault is the better released assault map

-
haven't played it, just seen beeing played by my bro, wI wuv what i've seen. I want to use the SDK grrrr.
-
somehow I expected a nice open level :s
-
[Blocked Image: http://files.pixelice.be/out_w6b.jpg]
done that

-
bleh I suck at this
old:
[Blocked Image: http://mapcore.org/halflife_jpg/out_w6.jpg]
new:
[Blocked Image: http://files.pixelice.be/out_w6.jpg]
-
crazy leveldesing in that last shot, never tought a single dumpster could make the level look so alive

-
Quote from Pericolos0
outkast is a belgian game
company doesnt exist anymore tho 
all belgian gamedevs suck
Larians Divine Divinity was 2nd best RPG of the year on gamespy, surely that means they don't suck... http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/371215.asp

Outcast (Appeal) didn't suck either:
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/ ... ?q=outcast
Carmageddon I and II , and Messiah had great soundtracks

-
dno where I got those cobble, could be italy, doesn't matter I don't like them anyway.
everything else is based upon those free texture photo thingies.
-
[Blocked Image: http://www.oostende.net/images/022_Henderyckx_oostende.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://www.oostende.net/images/020_Henderyckx_oostende.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://www.tele.ucl.ac.be/PEOPLE/UMEDA/landscape/Oostende/OOSTENDE13.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://www.whowood.nl/images/Oostende.jpg]
-
An attempt on texturering, haven't tried much textureing before. Anyway this is supposed to be for a chinese themed map

[Blocked Image: http://files.pixelice.be/firsttextures.jpg]
-
Doom I
Altho many of it beeing pure theft may be the reason why I loved it so much.
-
bic, you got to put love in it, to get love out of it

-
[Blocked Image: http://blaz.csbanana.com/annihilation05.jpg]
This actually looks kind of good

-
sigh... isn't that what's mapping is about? making new gameplay for ppl to play? not running around awing "oh this looks great" and never actually play the map?
anyway I see there is no chance convincing anyone here so, toodeloo. :wink:
-
Quote from st0lve
CS is already filled with non good looking maps.Most CS maps have good gameplay..
You are going to create non-eyecandy maps alá de_cpl_fire and such?
:-?
And nuke and train will come, they are to populare to be ditched.
cpl_mill gets played all the time, de_laguna barely. The competetive scene does give about looks, but they still just want performance. We'll make sure our maps aren't plain ugly, we just won't spend ages on eyecandy.
-
Uh I can't recall, I'll just post some of my early stuff, not that I improved to much
well actually my frist map was a wolfenstein 3D then duke 3D then Halflife DM, but got no screenshots of those, nor the maps.BMP
:o 
[Blocked Image: http://carp.schoolreference.com/Craft/maps/cs_torabora0000.bmp]
[Blocked Image: http://carp.schoolreference.com/Craft/maps/cs_nam0002.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://carp.schoolreference.com/Craft/maps/Map1.JPG]
[Blocked Image: http://carp.schoolreference.com/Craft/maps/map2.JPG]
[Blocked Image: http://carp.schoolreference.com/Craft/maps/cs_dev1.JPG]
[Blocked Image: http://carp.schoolreference.com/Craft/maps/ctf-BurningDeath2.jpg]
-
Hey, I founded this project.
You're looking at it wrongly, It's not because the absence of those maps, It's about more maps, maps that are uniquely designed for competetive play, not for showing of mapping skills.
Besides the chances of seeing nuke and train on cs:source are pretty low I guess as they didn't get in cs:cz. Inferno will come.
We also welcome maps, not only mappers, Offcourse maps that are suitable for competetive play. :wink: