1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. hamst3r

Posts by hamst3r

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • hamst3r
    • June 27, 2006 at 2:14 PM

    Thanks for the replies, but the grass texture and the ivy texture are both hessie's. They are just place holders, but then again they are kinda what I was going for, I plan on making the replacements today. Oh, and this is just a complete test map, nothing here is final, I need a layout.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • hamst3r
    • June 27, 2006 at 3:21 AM

    Okay since my last test map was a failure, I wanted to try to get back into mapping seriously. This is a small texture / theme test map for my upcoming map. It is going to be an oriental / chinese garden. I am trying my hardest to learn how to texture well, and that is probally the main goal of this project. All custom content is either mine or (hessie's they are place holders ). The textures are not prefect, but this is my first real time I have ever tried to make textures for a map.

    [Blocked Image: http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/7425/11sy.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/7659/26rk2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/6012/31jr.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2906/45eo2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/1779/68nr1.jpg]

    Sorry if the jpg compression is shitty :roll:

  • warby presents: de_wanda 100% custom map for cs-source

    • hamst3r
    • June 25, 2006 at 4:29 PM

    I really like it, its a great start, just tweak the lighting like the others said.

  • Quake 2 mappers get your hiking gear! (PIX ON PAGE 2!)

    • hamst3r
    • June 24, 2006 at 3:39 AM

    I was just happy I found a stable version, hotkeys or not it was better than radient, qoogle, or quark for me. The only thing that I had a problem with while I was messing around in it was the 3d view, the controls are really odd.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • hamst3r
    • June 24, 2006 at 12:00 AM

    yepp, the first thing that popped into my head was vice city, looks good.

  • Insurgency Media Update

    • hamst3r
    • June 23, 2006 at 11:10 PM

    Amazing <3

  • The random model thread!

    • hamst3r
    • June 22, 2006 at 2:10 PM

    Capone_Adam or somthing?

  • The solution to urban violence

    • hamst3r
    • June 20, 2006 at 10:32 PM

    I feel sorry for all the people in this video. The kid on the rampage for being so fucked up, the kids who are getting beaten up, and the guy who knocked the shit out of the kid.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • hamst3r
    • June 20, 2006 at 10:30 PM

    It is a great improvement, but I think it would look better with more of a blue color scheme, kinda like de_prodigy, then mabey find away to incorporate some orange or dark yellow lights near the wall.

  • The World Cup 2006 thread

    • hamst3r
    • June 20, 2006 at 9:52 PM
    Quote from Defrag

    Come on Sweden!

    Agreed~

  • Crysis - Crytek's new game

    • hamst3r
    • June 20, 2006 at 7:19 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://mapcore.net/forums/images/avatars/179051199242661edc1fbf2.jpg]

    WTF happned to Kosmo?

  • DE_KERK [updated July 5th, new screens page 2 + beta d/l]

    • hamst3r
    • June 20, 2006 at 6:08 PM

    Looks pretty cool, definitely needs a good 3d skybox~

  • Quake 2 mappers get your hiking gear! (PIX ON PAGE 2!)

    • hamst3r
    • June 20, 2006 at 12:13 AM

    Lol WorldCraft. It took a little bit of searching, but I found a version of WorldCraft that is stable on XP, 1.6A I think.

    [Blocked Image: http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/284/lolworldcraft0zs.jpg]

    If anybody wants it, I can upload it to my site, to save people searching / having to register on file planet.

  • Quake 2 mappers get your hiking gear! (PIX ON PAGE 2!)

    • hamst3r
    • June 19, 2006 at 7:54 PM

    Who on your mapping squad?

  • Shattered Gordon...

    • hamst3r
    • June 19, 2006 at 2:07 PM

    Yep, I have an ATI card and all my models are "shattered", gonna try the work around in a lil` bit...

  • Call of duty 3 : Wii [scans]

    • hamst3r
    • June 18, 2006 at 6:39 PM

    I thought the best Call Of Duty was the first expansion, United Offensive.

  • June's Low Poly Modelling Contest!

    • hamst3r
    • June 18, 2006 at 6:37 PM

    Kinda reminds me of a sloth / gorrila mix, I like it.

  • Quake 2 mappers get your hiking gear! (PIX ON PAGE 2!)

    • hamst3r
    • June 18, 2006 at 3:40 PM

    I got q2 off and old computer, installed the full version of qoole, I prefer oit over radient, and I didn't even know where to start. Its been a very long time.

  • The World Cup 2006 thread

    • hamst3r
    • June 17, 2006 at 9:15 PM

    Yea. I'm watching it currently, but I blanked out. Did the the reff call a red card for that late tackle?

  • updated my site with some traditional 2d STUFF

    • hamst3r
    • June 15, 2006 at 9:32 PM

    Like them all, but I <3 the Jean Reno one

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™