1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Schmung

Posts by Schmung

  • Designer/Scripter

    • Schmung
    • July 20, 2005 at 7:39 PM

    The Southwest of where exactly? US? UK? Mars?

  • de_venice

    • Schmung
    • July 19, 2005 at 1:08 PM

    Think it needs a bit more work, brushwork is one or two palces seems like it could sue some elaboration, a few more props here and there would help, most notably the water. Also, aas mentioned by the others, the lights not so great. Other than those fairly minor things, it looks really good.

  • some might have seen this before

    • Schmung
    • July 16, 2005 at 11:58 PM

    Gotta be fake....

    Then again, Yankee land...

    But seriously, buttern in the microwave for that long!? Lube?! I mean.. Welll... It just beggars belief.

  • de_battleship

    • Schmung
    • July 16, 2005 at 11:48 PM

    Under Siege?

  • Got job

    • Schmung
    • July 16, 2005 at 3:21 PM

    Nice one! Can't believe you weren't hired by someone sooner TBH.

  • unfold3d

    • Schmung
    • July 15, 2005 at 4:20 PM

    How many polys was your model Peri?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Schmung
    • July 15, 2005 at 4:17 PM

    I can't even see what it is on my pitiful work monitor.

  • unfold3d

    • Schmung
    • July 15, 2005 at 10:58 AM

    holy fuck, that looks awesome. Gonna try the free version on some organic stuff. I can unwrap mechanical thigns all day long without too much trouble, but organic stuff always flumoxes me.

  • Breakfast

    • Schmung
    • July 14, 2005 at 10:50 PM

    Breakfast is the remains of last nights beer followed by a fry up.

    Or not, because I can usually never face either of those things in the morning. Cereal all the way.

  • de_battleship

    • Schmung
    • July 14, 2005 at 10:49 PM

    It's a battleship without any battle.

    More boomy bang stuff required.

    an, er yeah, custom shaders and that.

  • Conservative Religious Right crosses the line in Florida.

    • Schmung
    • July 14, 2005 at 10:47 PM
    Quote from The Postman

    Plugging God into the gaps that science has yet to figure out is just dishonest and patently childish.

    It's what a huge amount of people do anyway..

    Just another word for luck or chance or whatever words you use for something you don't understand. I don't deny that you're right, but putting something in the place of the things they don't properly understand is a very human thing to do. We personify everything, cars, computers and other inanimate stuff, gods just the personification of everything that goes on that we have no understanding of. It's not something that it necessarily stupid, because we all do it to an extent. It's stupid when you build up a belief system because of it and start making rules, killing people and not eating pork based on it.

    Thats my pennys worth.

  • Game Dev outsourcing company from India. Totally awesome!

    • Schmung
    • July 14, 2005 at 10:40 PM

    hahaha

    Whats the odds that within 5 years EA have bought them and are using them for content for every gam eever. Looks like 3D Studio verion 3 era stuff that does. But worse.

  • Nice keyboard and "mousy mouse"

    • Schmung
    • July 14, 2005 at 10:38 PM

    nah, the bestes keyboard ever is the uber keyboard thing. Has no letter or shit on the keys, it's balck as night and every key has an individually weighted key. Though I must confess that the keyborad shown there is rather spiff. They seem like much neglected things keyboards I must say. About sime soemone did something properly good with one.

  • Looking for weapon artist to work at Ubisoft

    • Schmung
    • July 13, 2005 at 11:13 PM

    No-one I know has got a valid one. Best bet is a PM on CDG or DLCSS I think.

  • Open Source Map Pack

    • Schmung
    • July 13, 2005 at 9:15 PM

    I'll be releasing most of what I've got after TS 2.2 comes out. THere's nothing that amazing there, but I'm hoping some people might wish to finish some of the things I didn't and maybe tidy up some of my better map.s

    Going to take a look at all this properly now, nice to see people doing this from time to time.

  • Looking for weapon artist to work at Ubisoft

    • Schmung
    • July 13, 2005 at 12:57 PM

    Enins stuff :

    [Blocked Image: http://st.burst.cc/ww2pack/ger_mp40textured.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://st.burst.cc/ww2pack/ger_mp40model.jpg]

    More here :

    http://%7boption%7d

  • The Firefight Project

    • Schmung
    • July 13, 2005 at 12:53 PM

    I would be tempted, but anythin Source based is out until I get a decent PC. Hammer barely functions and the in-game results are so far away from what most people will see that it renders the whole excercise pointless.

    I'll certainly be tracking the progress of your mod though and if need be can sling a few models your way when you get to that stage.

  • Finding a mod team worth your while 101

    • Schmung
    • July 13, 2005 at 12:01 PM

    I tried starting a mod. Had all all the staff I'd ever need, but we just couldn't find a coder willing to invest the time or effort, whichw as a crying shame. It seems your mod is basically screwed unless the leader is the coder.

  • Open Source Map Pack

    • Schmung
    • July 13, 2005 at 11:59 AM

    Spaff. I'll nab this later on after work. Might be cool to see what some of those look like with some rain/snow.

  • The Firefight Project

    • Schmung
    • July 13, 2005 at 11:21 AM

    It's an interesting concept certainly, my first instict upon reading that was that you might be heading the way of giving damage/accuracy bonuses based on how favourable your position is or if your team mates are providing suppressing fire, that kind of thing.

    Say there's three of you behind some sandbags, A & B are providing suppressing fire on the target so that C is provided with enough of a bonus to aim decently enough to hit the other guy, whos partially covered.

    Thats just me throwing ideas around though. Certainly I think you're going to have to retain some element of skill with a mouse, beause thats always part of the fun, but by combining it with the system of tactical advantage you're talking about you could be in for some fun. What I, personally, wouldn't want to see is a system that basically reduces you to spamming and being unable to hit shit from five yards because you ahve no tactical advantage. If I see a guy at the end of the street, I want to be able to hit him if I aim properly. Having to run behind cover to get 'tactical advantage' just so I can aim properly would be intensely annoying. I think the hardest things will be balancing that aspect of things with normal combat situations and providign the users with simple useuful feedback on whats affecting them at any given time. Maybe your accuracy is affected when you're getting shot at?

    Anyways, sounds like you've given this a good amount of thought, I'm just spitting things out as they occur to me. I reckon it could work nicely if it's done well.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™