1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Spellbinder

Posts by Spellbinder

  • CryEngine tech demo

    • Spellbinder
    • December 8, 2004 at 6:53 PM

    Scary...

    Never seen anything like it.

    Spellbinder.

  • Had to post this before anyone else did

    • Spellbinder
    • December 8, 2004 at 3:54 PM

    Great maps.

    Spellbinder.

  • What happened to hammer?

    • Spellbinder
    • December 8, 2004 at 2:55 PM
    Quote from Jezpuh

    Is that not allowed?

    Spellbinder.

    After a full inspection of his post I can conclude that it didn't say it's not allowed.

    you lose

    I never loose.

    I never compete.

    Spellbinder.

  • CryEngine tech demo

    • Spellbinder
    • December 8, 2004 at 1:38 PM
    Quote from GrayFox

    I don't want to make a new thread because of this so I'll post it here:I started downloading the Crytek Demo exe file and after a while I decided to cancel it because I didn't have the time to dl it. The problem is that the unfinished file is now on my desktop and I can't delete it. I've tried through DOS-prompt without results. It just sais that it may already be in use by another program.

    I know this isn't a big problem but I appreciate it if someone comes up with a solution.

    This right out of my head so.......

    If windows says it use it, try to shot down one process at a time when you ctrl+alt+del.

    Its good if you got some knowledge of what the different process does and there is a site where you could read about almost any process and what it means. ( site: http://%7boption%7d )

    At least they should have all $nicrosoft´s process there.

    Try to delete the file after each process you turn off.

    This is what i got in my head right now.

    But i think i read something about it and if lucky i might find it again.

    oh another thing to try which i think should solve it.

    Try press F8 while booting, go into safe mode, delete file, to bad they got DOS mode out with xp

    Spellbinder.

  • de_shapingcity

    • Spellbinder
    • December 8, 2004 at 12:17 PM
    Quote from Skjalg

    THANK YOU!

    I second that!

    Spellbinder.

  • A testing server

    • Spellbinder
    • December 8, 2004 at 11:32 AM
    Quote from JynxDaddy

    Hell Yeah.Give up now ladies, Mazy has this one in the bag!#$@!$!

    Unless he gets bored and makes the map about twix and eggs.

    I want twix and pringles.

    best map evha!¡?¿!!!!!!

    Spellbinder.

  • What happened to hammer?

    • Spellbinder
    • December 8, 2004 at 9:29 AM
    Quote from InsaneSingingBlender

    oh noes, terrain generator

    Is that not allowed?

    Spellbinder.

  • What happened to hammer?

    • Spellbinder
    • December 8, 2004 at 3:29 AM

    I got it.

    [Blocked Image: http://home.c2i.net/berixon/jpg/mediums.jpg]

    Spellbinder.

  • What happened to hammer?

    • Spellbinder
    • December 8, 2004 at 2:38 AM

    Thank you skaljg

    Spellbinder.

  • What happened to hammer?

    • Spellbinder
    • December 8, 2004 at 12:39 AM

    What happened to my hammer??

    [Blocked Image: http://home.c2i.net/berixon/jpg/hammer.jpg]

    ?????

    Spellbinder.

  • Half Life 2 Chapters Deleted?

    • Spellbinder
    • December 7, 2004 at 4:17 PM

    Sounds crap to me

    But i still think HL is a great invention.

    You get craploads of mods, friends, and fun time for your money.

    As i said, write them and ask them to do a deleted files cd to be played ingame.

    Spellbinder.

  • Half Life 2 Chapters Deleted?

    • Spellbinder
    • December 7, 2004 at 3:58 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Spellbinder: I think he refered to Nexus (the topic starter)

    I know, i just made it clear that i wouldn´t had bother me about any comments if i knew.

    Spellbinder.

  • Half Life 2 Chapters Deleted?

    • Spellbinder
    • December 7, 2004 at 3:03 PM

    Sorry im new here.

    First time in almost 3 years.

    If i would have suspected it i would have done a search first.

    Spellbinder.

  • Half Life 2 Chapters Deleted?

    • Spellbinder
    • December 7, 2004 at 2:34 PM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    Content is deleted from/changed in games all the time. There's tons of stuff I remember seeing in original Half-Life shots that never made the cut into the final game (as well as the unused AI models). Look at how Ravenholm evolved from the TrapTown E3 demo into what it is now, for instance.Schmung and Jynx make a good point - some of the content may have been not good enough, but other bits may just have taken too much time to do. They have the content already, so provided none of it sucked (which is also entirely possible - no one's perfect ), they could easily fix it up and use it for an expansion. I really would like to see that boat level/chapter...

    They did a deleted files in CS:CZ so lets ask them to do one for hL2!

    Spellbinder.

  • Half Life 2 Chapters Deleted?

    • Spellbinder
    • December 7, 2004 at 2:31 PM
    Quote from ctswin

    to finish the game in a reasonable time?

    omg pls ctswin, lets get our money spent worth.

    and i just have to have this game D:

    Spellbinder.

  • Evil~ riddle!

    • Spellbinder
    • December 7, 2004 at 1:02 PM
    Quote from -Stratesiz-

    PW is:early


    death

    oh nos!!!

    You told them!

    Spellbinder.

  • HL2DM : Bounce - BETA 1

    • Spellbinder
    • December 7, 2004 at 12:59 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Nexus your retarded reviews start to be annoying...gj on the map zyndrome, haven't tested it yet, but will do soon!

    I kinda thought it was cute of him to make the effort.

    Spellbinder.

  • Soldier (marine ?) - should be able to handle a gun at least

    • Spellbinder
    • December 7, 2004 at 6:22 AM

    Great work!

    Spellbinder.

  • Remember the old days of Mapcore?

    • Spellbinder
    • December 5, 2004 at 9:35 PM
    Quote from Fletch

    We were having a little bit of an old school renunion in IRC tonight, and I thought "hey, wouldn't it be funny to see the old mapcore site on the Wayback Machine?" This is what I found:http://web.archive.org/web/200012121304 ... ement.html

    The day we (I) broke Anarchy. The day we (I) held a mass walkout. Oddly enough, if you look a fwe months ahead on the Wayback Machine, Anarchy is gone and we're all back.

    It's still a great read though. My public letter is probably the most pompous shit that's ever been recorded. The part where I say that mapping for profit is evil and all those who do it are sellouts is great. Anyways, just thought I'd share. Feel free to post any other bit of Mapcore nostalgia you have lying around. If anybody has some of the classic shit from the old (really old) CS boards, I'd love to see it.

    I might have some from CS board, not sure though.

    But i have this http://%7boption%7d

    Nothing much, its from 2002.

    And btw Euro*Brew you fired me

    Spellbinder.

  • I HAVE QUESTION

    • Spellbinder
    • December 5, 2004 at 8:39 PM

    You need monster_func

    J/K

    I dunno mapping.

    I dunno jack.

    But someone probably do.

    Give e´m time.

    Spellbinder.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™