1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Deckaux

Posts by Deckaux

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Deckaux
    • December 13, 2005 at 10:06 AM
    Quote from von*ferret

    whats up with the evil eye sig? lol

    Uh, that's hard to say. It's either the window into the so called 'eyecandy core' or it's the (evil) allseeing eye of the deus ex machina. Dunno really. Once I made a teaser/making-of animation of that sig:

    [Blocked Image: http://static.justgamers.de/1/1861/members/deckaux/2D/deck2_teaser.gif]

    Erm, 'redundant' might be the word you're now looking for. :derp:

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Deckaux
    • December 13, 2005 at 9:45 AM
    Quote from hamst3r

    that map looks amazing deck.....ugh don't know how to spell your name

    Actually, you're spelling it very well - 'Deck' is the abbreviation of 'Deckaux'.

    Nevertheless, I know it's a weird nickname, so don't worry...

  • What part of sucks ass doesn't Uwe Boll understand?

    • Deckaux
    • December 12, 2005 at 10:03 PM

    He's simply an untalented amateur who might have fun as hell while nonstop producing crap, but he's wasting valuable rights and soils german film-maker's reputation. He's a fucking idiot tbh.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Deckaux
    • December 12, 2005 at 5:16 PM

    An abandoned subterranean experimental energy lab.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Deckaux
    • December 12, 2005 at 2:44 PM
    Quote from barrakid

    Really impressive looking foward to play this. So far i think you'r the winner of the competition, and we are also considering to extend the deadline to the weekend, since it's a bit weird to end it in the midlle of the week

    Uh, 'winner' sounds great. When will you be sure of the postponement?

    BTW the spotlights and the lift weren't causing the problem. I'm still looking for the reason.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Deckaux
    • December 12, 2005 at 1:10 AM
    Quote from von*ferret

    What area you working on? I did the new silo work and chopper chases.

    I know, and you also mapped for FA. We've got so much in common.

    I'm currently working on the source-port, actually on the 'arrival'...

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Deckaux
    • December 12, 2005 at 12:31 AM
    Quote from von*ferret

    simply amazing. spot light forum quality

    I'm honored.

    Thanks, thanks, thanks and thanks again for all the motiviating comments. I have to admit that actually there are some problems - especially heavy lagging caused by not-existing dynamic lights (all 'dynamic light'-flags are off) - which I have to take care of before calling it 'beta'. I hope this will happen before december 15th since this is the deadline. Maybe it's the lift (func_tracktrain)...

    Further than this, there aren't any soundscapes yet, and a skybox is still missing, too. I'm working like a machine to get this finished in time, believe me.

    Mapping isn't always fun.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Deckaux
    • December 11, 2005 at 10:45 PM

    Thanks, everybody.

    This map's for the mod 'The Hidden', and I wanted to create a constant gloomy and claustrophobic atmosphere - like in the 3rd alien-move, remembering? There aren't any further 'wide open' areas, as you can see in the following screenshots (the first one is the already posted one...):

    [Blocked Image: http://static.justgamers.de/1/1861/members/deckaux/lodestone/lodestone_screen.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://static.justgamers.de/1/1861/members/deckaux/lodestone/lodestone_screen02.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://static.justgamers.de/1/1861/members/deckaux/lodestone/lodestone_screen03.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://static.justgamers.de/1/1861/members/deckaux/lodestone/lodestone_screen04.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://static.justgamers.de/1/1861/members/deckaux/lodestone/lodestone_screen05.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://static.justgamers.de/1/1861/members/deckaux/lodestone/lodestone_screen06.jpg]

    There's only one outside area, which is in fact very small and linear. Most of the combat will take place via - how do you call it - z-axis? The 'Hidden's hideouts are mostly above the usual floors - or below.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Deckaux
    • December 11, 2005 at 9:54 PM

    My first source-MP-project. It needs a few more details and the lighting on some models doesn't really seem to be correct - but the brushwork is done I guess.

    [Blocked Image: http://static.justgamers.de/1/1861/members/deckaux/lodestone/lodestone_screen_small.gif]

  • de_corse

    • Deckaux
    • November 13, 2005 at 12:15 AM
    Quote from von*ferret

    I say fuck it and make as much custom as you can and make it a visual map that is like a technology test that can still play well, just that it has a hefty download. That would be sweet.

    word, get me some eyecandy.

  • de_corse

    • Deckaux
    • November 4, 2005 at 10:25 PM

    I always admired you for your efforts in beauty and detail, but this thing just 'schiesst den Vogel ab'. Congratulations, you've just become my personal mapping hero, please just keep up the good work and make me come...

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™