1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Skyshi

Posts by Skyshi

  • totally random texture thread

    • Skyshi
    • June 7, 2005 at 5:35 PM

    I love it! But a bit more color variations will make it look perfectly

    A texture I did today:

    [Blocked Image: http://home.arcor.de/skyshi/stonewall.jpg]

    No photo ressource, no ref, not tileable (? does that word exist )

    Edit: There's still a lack of balancing the contrast and sharpness..

  • Remake HL textures

    • Skyshi
    • September 26, 2004 at 12:35 AM

    Not bad! The structure does not look very realistic, but interesting. A bit more grain and reducing the current structure would work better IMO. But a really nice result for only 1 week!

    And please don't place the tear at the border - seems as this will cause tile-probs

  • TEXTURE CHALLENGE TWO : DIRTY FUTURE METAL

    • Skyshi
    • September 24, 2004 at 3:07 PM

    You got PM, Dranore.

    Nope. I released a small wad some time ago, but it contents only some overworked old textures in an old-mansion theme Nothing special. All my scifi stuff is implemented to a project called Eden Eclipse. No time for a NS.wad - I ever thought about releasing one :-?

  • TEXTURE CHALLENGE TWO : DIRTY FUTURE METAL

    • Skyshi
    • September 24, 2004 at 1:36 PM

    Thx alot

    Dranore: Well, I'm working with a library of already finished details and structures (have done them on my own - need to be mentioned ). That makes the workflow even faster

    Nevertheless the majority of this texture was created while the work progress.

  • TEXTURE CHALLENGE TWO : DIRTY FUTURE METAL

    • Skyshi
    • September 22, 2004 at 4:10 AM

    It will be used for an elevator:) Thanks for the comments!

  • TEXTURE CHALLENGE TWO : DIRTY FUTURE METAL

    • Skyshi
    • September 21, 2004 at 7:01 PM

    Hey, wow Thanks, guys! That motivates!

    Well, Scifi-style is my profession due the fact that I work since years on a scifi project. Hope I can show some of my old work, soon!

  • TEXTURE CHALLENGE TWO : DIRTY FUTURE METAL

    • Skyshi
    • September 21, 2004 at 6:16 PM

    Well, I really don't want to open a new thread for only one texture, so I use this old thread - hope nobody minds. The topic even fits so perfect

    [Blocked Image: http://home.arcor.de/skyshi/liftwall.jpg]

    Original is 1024². About 1h work.

    PS: It isn't too sharp :roll:

  • Remake HL textures

    • Skyshi
    • September 18, 2004 at 4:13 PM

    Hey, I'm new here and it is great to see your inspiring work! There're some wonderful pieces of work in this Thread - I hope I can catch up with you

    So here's my first remake:

    original

    [Blocked Image: http://mapcore.org/halflife_jpg/babtech_wall01a.jpg]

    remake:

    [Blocked Image: http://home.arcor.de/skyshi/babtech_wall01a.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™