1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Phlek

Posts by Phlek

  • de_troit

    • Phlek
    • April 27, 2005 at 12:55 AM

    Loosk pretty decent....you really caught a "suburb" feeling.

  • The Gearbox Trip to Six Flags

    • Phlek
    • April 25, 2005 at 11:53 PM

    Got Six Flags New England about 2 hours from my house, it's the one with the Superman, where a cripple for some reason got on and fell out of his seat like 100 feet up. It's still open and still fun as hell.

  • [WIP] de_dam UPDATED 6-10-05

    • Phlek
    • April 25, 2005 at 12:41 AM

    I think this is what you guys are talking about...

    http://%7boption%7d

    http://%7boption%7d

    Inside:

    http://%7boption%7d

    Sorry for the lack of dam pictures....

  • [WIP] de_dam UPDATED 6-10-05

    • Phlek
    • April 24, 2005 at 10:04 PM
    Quote from ginsengavenger

    best dam level ever

    mmmmm Vegas Vacation

  • Getting textures to tile.

    • Phlek
    • April 24, 2005 at 5:16 PM

    If you're willing to put some money on the table check this out:

    http://www.seamlesstexturegenerator.com/

    I found it over at cgtalk.com in this thread:

    http://cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=222747

    Apparently people are saying it's pretty damn useful.

  • Trip to Stockholm

    • Phlek
    • April 23, 2005 at 7:54 PM

    Evil machine = Slot machine

  • Funniest movie ever in your opinion

    • Phlek
    • April 15, 2005 at 11:22 PM
    Quote from GrayFox

    Aah, this is too easy...Dumb and Dumber

    Agreed.

  • Omg, prototype flash game.

    • Phlek
    • April 13, 2005 at 11:58 PM

    Haha, I love it! Like the idea with the steel leg too, hahaha. GJ

  • New Unreal 3 Screenshot O_O

    • Phlek
    • April 13, 2005 at 6:06 PM

    ...can't be real.

  • Now playing - music edition

    • Phlek
    • April 13, 2005 at 3:11 AM
    Quote from TomWithTheWeather

    He Is Legend - "90210" & "I am Hollywood"

    Quote from mikezilla

    My Chemical Romance/The Used cover of Queens "Under Pressure"(and it's actually good)

    Love all of them!!!!

    Currently: Trust Company - You (True Parallels)

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • Phlek
    • April 8, 2005 at 11:51 PM

    Here's a sketch of a cap I made a while ago, it was one of my first drawings I ever really tried to "do" with shading and stuff.

    [Blocked Image: http://s90567463.onlinehome.us/cap.jpg]

    I thought it was good for a first try.

  • The mountains suck. really.

    • Phlek
    • March 28, 2005 at 12:09 AM

    Is your dog high?

    Nice pics.

  • de position

    • Phlek
    • January 30, 2005 at 11:54 PM

    Looks like you copied from the sdk_de_cbble map, that said....looks nice.

  • Brothers in Arms Multiplayer article + pics

    • Phlek
    • January 28, 2005 at 8:11 PM

    Oh so sweet.

  • Func_walls and SKY

    • Phlek
    • January 27, 2005 at 10:11 PM

    Glad you were able to fix it.

    Looking forward to the next release BTW.

  • so, a new CS:S map from valve

    • Phlek
    • January 27, 2005 at 6:51 PM
    Quote from ReNo

    I think we should keep in mind that this was a map being made by just one guy (or at least thats how the older update news sounded to me) - there are no custom resources for it by the looks of things (while all other CS:S maps use mostly unique resources), so its really to be expected that its not of the usual Valve quality.

    This is Dave Rillers map, same guy who remade de_tides. Definately a difference in quality between the two maps.

  • Func_walls and SKY

    • Phlek
    • January 27, 2005 at 2:55 PM

    I agree with Bic, must be a compiler problem.

  • so, a new CS:S map from valve

    • Phlek
    • January 27, 2005 at 2:29 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    Aye, pretty damn unoriginal. Reminds me of Assault :G

    They might just be releasing this instead of remaking Assualt, which I hope isn't true...but you never know with Valve. I was suprised when I saw the map, it doesn't look professional at all.

  • dm_ultracore

    • Phlek
    • January 27, 2005 at 2:26 PM

    Awesome, thanks a lot.

  • Func_walls and SKY

    • Phlek
    • January 27, 2005 at 3:42 AM

    Don't exactly understand why your getting this problem. I started up the old hammer and made a little test map. Compiled it with the latest Zoner's tools with only -nowadtextures. It worked fine for me, the player model stayed there, was lit fine, and all the guns I dropped stayed as well.

    [Blocked Image: http://s90567463.onlinehome.us/hi_help.jpg]

    I simply made a func_illusionary with a null brush directly on it. For the func_illusionary I used these settings:

    Render Mode: Solid

    Amount: 255

    I then made the same size brush and assigned the null texture to it. I have one light_environment and an info_player start.

    .map is here if you want to compile it yourself: http://s90567463.onlinehome.us/test.zip

    Hope this helped.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™