1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. jaardsi

Posts by jaardsi

  • dm_torrent [FINISHED]

    • jaardsi
    • August 2, 2005 at 1:29 PM

    Easy with the fancy terrain! A bit on the monotonous side but good never the less.

    Can't say anything about the gameplay and flow since I haven't ran it ingame.

  • CS Source: de_arcticbase

    • jaardsi
    • August 2, 2005 at 11:46 AM

    Too many lights outside imo. Otherwise sweet.

  • TEXTURE STAND OFF : SEWER WALL

    • jaardsi
    • July 29, 2005 at 11:31 PM

    Show me some textures, people!

  • real-time trees looking for tips and tricks

    • jaardsi
    • July 29, 2005 at 8:06 PM

    The one on the left seems slightly too tall to me as well.

  • real-time trees looking for tips and tricks

    • jaardsi
    • July 29, 2005 at 5:37 PM

    May I ask what you're working on?

    or is it top sekrit?

  • Night - Open window - Bat

    • jaardsi
    • July 29, 2005 at 5:35 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    i once found a dead one in my toilet

    Before or after using it? Wait, I don't want to know.

    Now I will click the 'Submit' button even if I know my post bears no actual point and is utterly useless. Live with it.

  • Night - Open window - Bat

    • jaardsi
    • July 29, 2005 at 4:31 PM
    Quote from suicca

    [Blocked Image: http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4692/IMG_5610.jpg]

    Trapping wild animals, I'll call the Greenpeace about you.

    Nice pics never the less.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • jaardsi
    • July 26, 2005 at 8:35 PM

    Door frames would be convenient.

    Looking sweet, just tinker a bit with the lightmaps like skdr said.

  • Updated my Portfolio site.

    • jaardsi
    • July 26, 2005 at 5:03 PM

    Cba to start talking about the actual portofolio content but the melon thing is greet.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • jaardsi
    • July 26, 2005 at 4:12 PM

    Love your style, really oldskool DM-ish architecture. I don't like those streched lights, tho. The wpolies seem pretty high too but I guess it's not really an issue now a days anymore.

  • Grasshopper

    • jaardsi
    • July 26, 2005 at 12:30 PM

    Sweet close-up.

    But what the hell is the thing standing on?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • jaardsi
    • July 26, 2005 at 12:19 PM

    Well, now when you brought that up, it does look a bit dumb when there's a perfect sharp shadow falling over another light.

  • Longhorn = Windows Vista

    • jaardsi
    • July 26, 2005 at 12:13 PM

    I've got pretty high hopes for Vista, it seems like it's going to a more OS X-ish direction with all that fancy new desktop stuff.

    IE7 might actually be an usable browser, there's the new Monad shell and the new filesystem is coming sometime too.

  • Help Me Find Those Evil Mods

    • jaardsi
    • July 26, 2005 at 11:35 AM

    You can hump bodies pretty meanly in MGS2.

    I remember seeing a nude hack for Neverwinter Nights, it was pretty rad really. All those topless elf girls...

    I suppose things like things pop up for almost every game with a mod community.

  • Longhorn = Windows Vista

    • jaardsi
    • July 26, 2005 at 11:29 AM

    They should have sticked to version numbers in the first place.

    Keep it simple, stupid.

  • Few models I made

    • jaardsi
    • July 26, 2005 at 9:14 AM

    Lovely props you've got there. I really like that hospital bed(?) thing and the clocktower.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • jaardsi
    • July 25, 2005 at 3:53 PM

    Doom 3 singleplayer was supposed to have lighting like that!

  • dm_bast

    • jaardsi
    • July 25, 2005 at 12:30 PM

    Good job, even if you seem to have overused those fancy light beam things a tad.

  • Latest videogame rating scandal

    • jaardsi
    • July 25, 2005 at 9:29 AM
    Quote from Kosmo

    It's like the crazy Moomin cartoon in the tv, they teach kids to speak the fucked up talk they talk, it's creepy.

    Hey, watch your words, punk!

  • de_projects (cs1.6)

    • jaardsi
    • July 24, 2005 at 5:19 PM
    Quote from Spiritual_Chaos

    approve = improve Lightning ok, some people have commented on that. But its night so I dont really know what to do with the light_env? Maybe I could spice up the texture lightning... any idead on how?

    Lit up some of those windows around your little city, it would brighten up the atmosphere a lot. Maybe add some of those little red light bulbs that everyone loves around the roofs, they fit very well next to vent exits and such. I know your r_speeds are a bit high but I think it would be worth it. Also indoors, your lights are hopelessly too dim.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™