1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. TomWithTheWeather

Posts by TomWithTheWeather

  • Wolfenstein

    • TomWithTheWeather
    • September 11, 2009 at 9:44 PM

    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6217169.ht ... bj=6217169 OUCH

  • MapCore Job Census

    • TomWithTheWeather
    • August 27, 2009 at 12:23 AM

    The rumor is, 30-40 people were let go.

  • Borderlands E3 walkthrough

    • TomWithTheWeather
    • August 19, 2009 at 8:50 PM

    New screens: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/957/ ... mgs_1.html

    ...and wow I haven't posted here in ages.

  • MP_TheSpire - GOW - Released

    • TomWithTheWeather
    • December 6, 2007 at 3:26 AM

    No, it looked outdated because they had to make the damn thing fit on an Xbox360.

    Also, the reason those demo screenshots look much better than the final game is that they didn't overlay all the muddy DOF blur, overly-bloomed and desaturated post-processing effects.

    Also, the vast majority of the textures you see in the Xbox version of GoW, are set to be no higher-res than 1024. The engine.ini locks them down so the game will fit in memory.

  • Pictures from my honeymoon in the mountains...

    • TomWithTheWeather
    • November 13, 2007 at 2:34 AM
    Quote from Chunks

    (9-2x is just a impreza with saab badge slapped on)

    Yup, though I do like the redesigned Saab front better than the Impreza front. The suspension is also a little upgraded and a little bit smoother.

  • Pictures from my honeymoon in the mountains...

    • TomWithTheWeather
    • November 10, 2007 at 4:31 PM
    Quote from Chunks

    kinda offtopic: Do you drive a impreza/wrx or saab 9-2x by chance?

    Yeah, I drive a '05 Saab 9-2x.

  • School shooting, now hitting europe (and games are involved)

    • TomWithTheWeather
    • November 7, 2007 at 8:59 PM

    I think maybe the world today is a much more civil place now than ever before in history. The difference is that our communication and media technology have increased in an exponential way so that it is much easier and faster to get news and information of the bad things that do happen around the world. As a result it only *seems* as though the world is a much more hostile place now than in the past.

    Don't get me wrong though, bad things still do happen obviously, and we still have a long ways to go.

  • Pimp my site...

    • TomWithTheWeather
    • November 5, 2007 at 2:23 AM

    So I have a new website now.

    http://www.nathanoverman.com/

    I suggest you bookmark it.

    Or you can use the RSS feed: http://www.nathanoverman.com/feed/rss.xml

    The look and feel is still evolving, so please, if you have any suggestions, feel free to post them here.

  • Making a Custom HDR 2D Skybox !

    • TomWithTheWeather
    • October 30, 2007 at 8:27 PM
    Quote

    Could you explain more sir ? I'm such a noob in Skybox creation ! :bananawrench:

    Just general commentary on the user-friendliness of Hammer.

  • Pictures from my honeymoon in the mountains...

    • TomWithTheWeather
    • October 26, 2007 at 4:40 PM

    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... =322298231

    Me and the Bride.

  • Pictures from my honeymoon in the mountains...

    • TomWithTheWeather
    • October 26, 2007 at 1:34 AM

    http://www.nathanoverman.com/photo/honeymoon/index

  • Pictures from my honeymoon in the mountains...

    • TomWithTheWeather
    • October 25, 2007 at 8:58 PM

    Great Smokey Mountains National Park in North Carolina.

    http://www.nathanoverman.com/photo/honeymoon/index

  • Making a Custom HDR 2D Skybox !

    • TomWithTheWeather
    • October 24, 2007 at 1:30 AM

    That's way harder than it needs to be.

  • Some photos I've taken from my city

    • TomWithTheWeather
    • September 23, 2007 at 9:08 PM

    Cool pictures, though next time I'd try and straighten out your horizon lines a little bit.

  • Unreal Tournament 3

    • TomWithTheWeather
    • August 30, 2007 at 3:58 AM
    Quote from Nih

    God damn, that looks fucking amazing. Too bad my computer will never run that.

    Actually it runs really well on a halfway decent PC. :wink:

  • Source Engine Powered Zeno Clash Announced

    • TomWithTheWeather
    • August 30, 2007 at 3:51 AM

    Yeah, I literally lol'd when I saw the screens on ShackNews the other morning.

  • The Metroid Prime 3 Thread

    • TomWithTheWeather
    • August 30, 2007 at 3:50 AM

    Yeah, I've really liked it so far. I wouldn't say it's as good as mouse and keyboard though, but it's pretty even with the typical console dual thumb stick FPS controls.

    It has been super fun so far though. I mean, like the tenth enemy you fight is a boss.

  • Pee outside? Get a bucket of free water in your head!

    • TomWithTheWeather
    • August 25, 2007 at 7:44 PM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    For guys this is normal imo but for girls it seems to be a scandinavian thing. I remember when i was in sweden like 10 years ago two girls pissed in front of me and i saw the piss came out of their vaginas, their labias were flatering around from left to right and they smiled at me

    You must've been pretty close.

  • Post your desktop 2007!~

    • TomWithTheWeather
    • August 18, 2007 at 3:24 AM

    I had that same Carina Nebula picture on my desktop for while. Now I use this one.

    I <3 space.

    [Blocked Image: http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/3695/globewest1200yv9.jpg]

  • Borderlands

    • TomWithTheWeather
    • August 16, 2007 at 5:46 PM

    Twiz, that's a screenshot.

    Also, http://www.insidegamer.nl/playstation3/ ... geven.html

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™