It's the best CS:S map, both visually and in terms of playability. End of.
Posts by Tequila
-
-
Hot like Pol Pot.
-
$100 for a HL1 model? Are you made of money?
-
Couldn't give a fuck about American Football, but let me just say that Pro Evolution Soccer 4 is the holiest sports game known to man. Even just thinking of it now brings a salty tear of enamour to my eye.
-
-
Quote from marque_pierre
Any famous players or modding veterans on their team?
QuoteThis week Kukyona from the Half-Life 1 mod Wizard Wars joined our team. He's a very experienced coder, and will be the lead coder for Kingdom Lost
QuoteKhalid Al-Muharraqi, one of our team artists, has an article about him published on (the prominent computer graphics network) cgnetworks. He's finishing up a healer model for Kingdom Lost in his free time. The story (below) is about himself and his 3D project "Hunting-Toy" where he juxtaposes styles and influences to create a modern day recreation of a hunting bird.http://www.cgnetworks.com/story_custom. ... 2586&page=
Not bad at all.
-
Quote from marque_pierre
Any comments on this outfit?http://%7boption%7d
Will they make it? Do they have solid people on board (I wouldn't know...)?
Their style is fine, very World of Warcraft. They seem to have the talent onboard, but whether they have the vision, determination and organisation to bring it all together is anyone's guess.
-
You see stuff like that all the time in real life. Redundant valves that are seemingly unreachable; it's not so unrealistic.
Then again, who cares? I'm all for a logical, well-thought out map, but accurate pipe systems isn't really a priority, especially considering the tight deadline on this competition.
Also: are the pipes models or brushes?
-
Sexual. The brushwork, the lighting... it all comes together so well to create a single, powerful theme.
-
-
Plus where's the fun of working detached from the team? You lose all the camaderie, sense of achievement and overall fun!
-
I'm in, going it alone. Haven't had much time to work on dm_maelstrom due to essays, and now I'm worrying that I won't have time to finish it before Jan 10th or whenever it is I'll have to mail it.

Looks like I'm just going to have to map like a beast.
-
Ah, I'd apply if I wasn't at Uni. And if Germany didn't scare me.

-
-
It's giving off some tasty desolate vibes now, good stuff indeed.
-
-
I break up from Uni next week, but I've got 8000 words worth of essays for around Jan 10th, so getting my HL2 DM map done as well is gonna be tight.

-
Not a fucking patch on Gene Wilder.
-
Layout is quite decent, although It'd be nice to know what the style and sprinkling of physics objects will be. Perhaps a bit small? Not sure, I guess that may be because of the lack of details. Also, I think you should cut back on the amount of ammo; it's a bit too liberal, and for some reason the railgun... er, magnum, comes with more ammo than a player can actually carry. Considering the power that handcannon can dish out, it's a bit much.
-