Wow. I will be sure to post again really soon Rick D. Such an open and inviting forum of fellow industry Mapcorians.
Posts by CompoSITe
-
-
I am sure I am not the one that is supposed to go into any great detail about all of this but here is a post by 402.
-
Lol, I don't see many guys mapping or making unique gametypes or modes for COD4 though.
-
Even Hitler is pissed...
External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy. -
But play those game and think about what they are doing. Why is that part fun, why was I nervous about running around that corner...etc. Design covers a lot of different skills but the biggest comes down to knowing, or figuring out, what is fun. If you are a geo guy or a scripter, it pays huge dividends to know how to get something to play well. Analyze the hell out of other games.
As for a portfolio submission, each company will have a different idea of what they want from a designer (as it sounds like you already know). That being the case, either pick what it is you like more and really get good at that or make sure you are good at them all ( I like that later because it gives you better job security ).
We look for great geo from the geo guys, fun playing levels from the scripters (with some new ideas thrown in to impress) and what choices you make it those areas. I have seen more guys fail because they had bad ideas of good gameplay then most anything else.
-
Thanks for the kind words Mazy. I did Favela and Alex did Afghan and Highrise (if you guys saw the cam footage from the event).
To my knowledge no one was fired. The internets lie.
-
-
I will Glogbag. I will send your best.

-
We had are first to play event last night and it went pretty well.
Here are some articles about it...
http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/moder ... 2018906090
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/hands-on- ... ayer/1685/
http://kotaku.com/5360481/modern-warfar ... -buzzkills
-
Played this at E3 this year and it was pretty good (played on 360). It's very simy (if that's a word). Looked great and the controls weren't that bad (I am a huge controls freak. Bad ones ruin a game for me ). It was a nice change of pace to the chaos of our game.
I liked how you can run a long way around a way point and flank the battle and it still handles the situation well. We talked with the Devs and they seemed like really good guys.
Anyways, I will probably pick it up when it comes out.
-
Lol, he had the shield! We were out numbered...hmmmm....gotta think up some more reasons.
It's funny, we started out as a PC company but we have worked very hard on getting the controls on the consoles to the point where you are able to aim and move well. After getting used to the consoles more and more, going home and firing up the PC to play and dealing with patches (tried to play some BF2 a bit ago), under powered rigs, sitting at a desk for even more hours...etc. I think many of us find it more fun to sit on a comfy couch and enjoy a game or two on a console. For me it feels more like entertainment because it isn't on a computer that I use everyday. Steam does make the whole process much easier as far as updates, friends, not too taxing on the hardware games..etc. but I find myself playing more console game then PC these days.
Anyways, just my 2 cents worth.
Generalvivi - Alex and I do almost all the mp levels. I have done SP levels on COD2 and Cod4. Alex gets pulled over and does SP geo once in a while. He's very fast (ahh youth).
-
Yeah, it was to show of migration. On consoles a lot of games would end when the host takes off.
Lol, I could get into a huge PC debate but thought my way through the conversation and lost the will to get into it. From piracy to modded servers....too long of a convo and I have lunch calling me.

Alex R is still a beast on MP. We are the two main MP designers.
-
We will see I guess.

-
How is that unfair? We never said it would be fun with 40 people.
-
New MP vid we filmed the other day...
About one minute of gameplay.External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.Hope you dig.
-
Nade spam? Never heard of that.
-
I can't really say much right now but there is a ton of new stuff. Hope peeps like it.
KFS: Just sent the link around. We'll see if someone has time soon. It's a bit busy right now

-
First MP vid of our game is up.
Will be up on Gametrailers in an hour or so.External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy. -
The game is set on Tatooine.

-
There is Call of Pripyat for that, lol.