What is your NAT setting Rick?
Posts by CompoSITe
-
-
-
We had that Brecourt remake done about a year and a half ago. It really was mostly a texture and grass swap that got it 90% there. Then a guy went in and redid the trenchline cus it looked so bad from COD2.
I though it was going to pics of Karachi, lol.
-
You mean dumb down the system?

-
We are having some problems with NAT settings and getting peeps into game but we are working on some tweaks that should make it better.
-
Shipped in MW2.
I had to modify it a bit to play respawning modes like TDM better but it is pretty much the same.
-
I remade my old CS map de_karachi01 for MW2.
Someone did a walk through of it...
-
ATVI did the locked preorder stuff, not us. blows

-
Lol this turning into mapchan.
-
Looks great. I had tons of fun on BF2 but they have yet to bring that magic with the other titles they put out after it.
I didn't like the four man squad stuff they had in BC1 or that you could spawn on any squad member. I hope they use the BF2 squad stuff instead.
Funny they are putting out a PS3 demo after all the press they did recently to appease the PC crowd.
-
-
Lol, we had two "rail" shooter section in COD1....the PC one.
-
To break this ugly mood, here is a pretty good article with the writer that helped us out...
http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... se-stern/1
..and another with this Hans guy.
-
Ok lets do this one by one.
No Modding.
Are you speaking of modded servers or people making mods of the game (and maps)? If its modded servers you speak of then the Private Match option enables you to turn on or off pretty much any setting. I can't think of any setting you would want that you can't set up in a private match.
If it is real game mods you're worried about, I can't say that I have seen many at all. We certainly haven't gotten many applicants here from the Mod community. The Star Wars mod looks cool but I think we found 7 total Mods the community has made of COD4. Before we shipped COD4 we invited 20-30 community members here to our office (mod guys were in there). We showed them what we had and asked them what they would like added. We added those things and updated the game many times after we shipped. However, real mod work for the game never really came around. On a personal note it doesn't seem like the mod/mapper scene is what it used to be back when a lot of us were mapping for CS/DOD/NS...etc.
No Dedicated servers.
Can someone tell me what the appeal of these are again? As I remember them you click through a huge list of **Faty Mc Fats 1337 sever "House of whip ass"** and try to hook up on TS and tell your buddy"...No no.. whip ass...not wipe ass". I have been in the same CS clan for 4-5 years now and yeah having a set IP with all your buddies in it to play was great but again you can set that same thing up with private servers and Steam groups.
If you go into regular match making it looks at your connection, find others that have a good connection and hooks you up. We use a skill number as well to help balance the teams.
On top of all that your clan won't have to rent/buy an expensive sever (
dice ).IW holds all the keys.
Not really sure what this means. Maybe you could explain it a bit more. Do we want to control the product we spent two years making and believe we came up with the most fun version of it? Yes, but feel free to set up a private match and make it better.
All of this plus the fact that it is way easier to patch and update the PC version so we will be making improvements when needed.
-
How was the game ruined? I think I missed that part.
-
-
The level needs to be played/seen in the context of the game as a whole.
-
-
The first 3/4 of this game had me all giddy. I loved the story, the presentation, I even loved the long cut scenes because of the great dialogue. The level of detail the environments makes me cry, lol. Make you want to work harder on your own stuff.
However, as I play through more of it I am finding things that really bug me (gameplay wise). I don't want to spoil anything for those that haven't played it yet but maybe we can set up a thread to talk openly for peeps that have finished it.
-
Lol, oh cool then. Sorry.
It's hard to see so many people assuming that we hate PC and only care about money, after working your ass off for one and half years to make the best game you can.
We really wouldn't put out something if we thought it sucked. Why not just cut PC if that was the case.
Anyways, sorry again Rick_D.
Hopefully more info will come out and people will try out the new system.