1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. CompoSITe

Posts by CompoSITe

  • "Modern Warfare 3" ??

    • CompoSITe
    • November 12, 2011 at 2:11 AM

    Lol, in other news has anyone read our new Meet the Team write up. Mapcore alumni Alex Roycewicz.

    http://www.respawn.com/

  • Battlefield 3

    • CompoSITe
    • October 4, 2011 at 11:51 PM

    As buggy as this "beta" is, it will be me through November.

  • Deconstructing Favela

    • CompoSITe
    • October 3, 2011 at 8:06 PM

    Great work again. Lol, I liked calling me out on the room of little detail.

  • "Modern Warfare 3" ??

    • CompoSITe
    • May 13, 2011 at 10:57 PM

    Hi Jeremy.

    I left for Respawn with the rest. 45 of 65 of us left.

    http://www.cynicalsmirk.com/who_remains ... _ward.html

    That sigh was for other reasons than a leak. lol

  • "Modern Warfare 3" ??

    • CompoSITe
    • May 13, 2011 at 10:07 PM

    *sigh

  • Modern Warfare 3?

    • CompoSITe
    • February 26, 2011 at 1:42 AM

    ....

  • Bungie's new game and firings

    • CompoSITe
    • February 17, 2011 at 6:47 PM

    Kotaku says a fired employee has talked about Bungie's next game:

    Bungie's follow-up to the Halo series is a massively multiplayer online first-person shooter, according to a source claiming to have knowledge of the game's development. That sci-fi shooter is currently named Destiny, he says, Bungie's original post-Halo franchise.

    The ex-Bungie employee says that Destiny, codenamed "Tiger," will run on a new Bungie-developed graphics engine and feature unique online connectivity and matchmaking technology. It was also bluntly likened to "WoW in space."

    http://kotaku.com/#!5762663/is-destiny- ... rs-of-halo

    More of the terminated guy's quotes here:

    http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/02/breaki ... ontractor/

  • Duty Calls (Parody)

    • CompoSITe
    • February 9, 2011 at 7:23 PM

    Lol, this made all the guys laugh here at work. Funny as hell!

    Hope the game is good, they are talking a lot amount of smack.

  • Combat design

    • CompoSITe
    • August 6, 2010 at 6:46 PM

    It's a bit more about their work flow than the combat design but a nice read none the less. I am not really a fan of the firefights in UC2. Getting one shotted by a grenade launcher/shotgun guy at the end of a long firefight drove me mad, lol.

  • The scary case of Infinity Ward

    • CompoSITe
    • May 21, 2010 at 11:45 PM

    Just quit my job after 5 years and 18 mp maps.

    Crazy times.

  • Bungie: Oh! The IW situation is cool, let's to go Activision

    • CompoSITe
    • April 29, 2010 at 5:59 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
     [Blocked Image: https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/public/style_emoticons/default/mapcore_smilies/emot_shakehead.gif]

  • The scary case of Infinity Ward

    • CompoSITe
    • April 14, 2010 at 10:09 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • The scary case of Infinity Ward

    • CompoSITe
    • April 13, 2010 at 10:13 PM

    Wow, you keep up to date!

  • The scary case of Infinity Ward

    • CompoSITe
    • April 13, 2010 at 7:35 PM

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo

  • The scary case of Infinity Ward

    • CompoSITe
    • March 4, 2010 at 7:28 PM

    Your interview didn't go that badly Furyo, we just suck at interviewing. I hope it wasn't too bad.

  • Deconstructing Favela

    • CompoSITe
    • March 1, 2010 at 10:07 PM

    Yeah, I think we did end up with a few too many angles in several of the maps. However, I think what hurt the maps the most was the addition of all the fast moving perks. We had the layout sizes set pretty early but the fast moving players ended up disrupting front lines and validating spawns too quickly, moving team spawns around the map pretty fast.

  • Deconstructing Favela

    • CompoSITe
    • March 1, 2010 at 7:49 PM

    Great analysis thanks for taking the time to check the level out.

    Originally I had an all most mirrored layout. Both sides of the soccer field were elevated with alleyways that came to a peak then went back down to a C shaped road that connected to the soccer field as well. However it ended up being way too mazey. Most of the other tweaks and sight lines were adjusted after playtests and seeing what needed to be changed.

    I might have some old pics I could post up. I'll have a look through some dusty old folders.

    Can't wait to read more.

  • Call Of Duty: Vietnam

    • CompoSITe
    • February 25, 2010 at 10:48 PM

    ...

  • MAG

    • CompoSITe
    • February 23, 2010 at 11:16 PM

    Anyone playing this? I have been having a good time with it. I played it at E3 last year and really didn't like it but i picked it up just to see how the 256 thing plays. Maybe I had super low expectations but I do find myself wanting to play it when I am not at home.

    It definitely has its flaws. The textures are not the best, lots of texture seams, the models are a bit low poly...etc. However I do like the overall look of the levels. They need so ship a few more maps though.

    The game kind of reminds me of a more elaborate Combat Arms. Maybe its just the slower pace compared to the madness at work here but I am enjoying it more than BFBC2.

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Teaser

    • CompoSITe
    • January 12, 2010 at 12:39 AM

    It has to do with opening a port for the game.

    When you are in a lobby it will tell you what your NAT setting is (lower left side of screen I think). If it is strict you will have a shitting time connecting and usually have no more than three bars. If it is strict you need to mess with your router and enable UPnP. You can google NAT settings and find out more.

    The whole thing sucks but all games using the internets have to deal with it. We just put it right on the screen so people can see what theirs is set to (on all formats, even though MS didn't want us to).

    My home NAT was strict and I was in a world of shit trying to get a good connection but I fixed it now and even the BC2 demo is running smooth.

    Hope that helps.

    Images

    • 15751_2246364437695_1205698017_100135188_4057503_n.webp
      • 23.29 kB
      • 434 × 604
Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™