A 4000 kilometer roadtrip?!?? Good christ, I get bored just driving to the store.
Posts by insta
-
-
I doubt we will see many inventine and zany games coming from well-known companies in the future. Production costs for these next-gen games is probably insane, and why make a 40 million dollar game with experimental gameplay and maybe turn a profit, when you can instead make a 40 million dollar game with tried and true gameplay and be sure to make a profit.
If you want new gameplay, follow the games made by the maker of Black and White (god, what was his name again? I know for sure I couldn't spell it in a million years), or play wacky flash games

-
Quote from ReNo
I hope its not an FPS.
Judging from the video link klein posted, it's a third-person shooter.
It looks nice and dandy and all (doesn't all nextgen tech?), but I hope they go all the way in different areas than graphics as well. More varied sounds, improvements to AI etc. Sooner or later, some company will have to make advances in those areas as well, instead of "just" upping the polycounts and cramming in more DX9 shaders.
-
Congrats, and best of luck

-
3drealms said that they'd be distributing DNF via something called "xStream" (god it hurts to type that). As far as I can tell, it's basically the same thing as Steam.
I Googled for their site, you can read more about it here :
I believe this is the future for indie-developers, especially now that broadband-speeds are getting higher and higher, and because the games you buy via the internet would be a bit cheaper than "regular" games bought in stores (since you can cut the cost of CD/DVD production, manuals, box, marketing).
-
-
Argh please stop it.
-
Boo hiss get off the stage!
-
It's the worst thing I've ever seen.
-
I'd say with, if you can make them a bit less repetitive.
-
I'll be happy if it's basically a Dawn of War expansion pack with new ww2 models for the units.
-
I just googled "unreal 3". I've never seen the picture before either.
-
Quote from Nz-Nexus
Someone take the "gaming evolution of "Unreal - series"!!!
I'm on it.
Unreal 1 :
[Blocked Image: http://img163.echo.cx/img163/9938/unreal14jz.jpg]
Unreal Tournament :
[Blocked Image: http://img163.echo.cx/img163/438/unrealt18jh.jpg]
Unreal Tournament 2003 :
[Blocked Image: http://img163.echo.cx/img163/9783/unreal20030ax.jpg]
Unreal 2 (I'm not sure which one came first, this one or UT2003) :
[Blocked Image: http://img136.echo.cx/img136/9667/unreal29eg.jpg]
Unreal Tournament 2004 :
[Blocked Image: http://img136.echo.cx/img136/3421/unreal20040gw.jpg]
Unreal 3 !! :
[Blocked Image: http://img136.echo.cx/img136/6978/unreal37uq.jpg]
-
Quote from Steppenwolf
It _can_ be real fun but it can also be the biggest nightmare you can imagine. After my last trip that was a pure schizophrenic, psychotic horror, trapped in a world without time and the visuals of a H.R. Giger picture i decided to stop my experiments with hallucinogenic drugs.
That would actually be a very big argument for continuing

H.R Giger -
Just to get started, what's a powerball?
-
Shift+A and Alt+Rightclick uber alles!
-
So the guy is 78 years old, anyone want to start a death-pool already?
-
Call of Duty and the expansion pack United Offensive was alot of fun, but I hope they concentrate more on AI in this sequel, instead of boosting difficulty by sending several hundred enemies at the player. The enemy count per map in the expansion pack was especially insane, you would get to an area and germans would be swarming in and you basically sat there shooting them one by one until you could advance to the next area. Let's hope COD2 plays as good as it looks, and like you said, hopefully they tone down the shininess of the models.
-
Nice stuff! Love the pose. How about some slight transparency on the wings?
-
The major plus with the Source engine is the community tied to HL2/CS. Make a decent map, and its more or less guaranteed to get some playtime, which in my opinion, is the whole point of mapping.
Tools to ease the process of creating new assets will come, but it will probably mostly be fan-made (another plus by having such a huge community).