1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • I'd like to see Mapcore grow.

    • insta
    • June 23, 2005 at 4:03 AM

    Every time I see people on various forums praise a killbox map with intensive coloured lights and compile errors out the ass, I like this community even more.

  • HELP I'M GONNA PUKE

    • insta
    • June 23, 2005 at 3:58 AM
    Quote from Marcos

    You better not be the man behind the Jamba commercials on MTV

    Oh god I was just about to ask the same question. Tell me it ain't so, 3dmike!

  • HELP I'M GONNA PUKE

    • insta
    • June 21, 2005 at 4:23 PM

    Haha, that looks pretty horrible.

  • Can you smell what the Blizz is cooking?

    • insta
    • June 21, 2005 at 2:49 AM

    A World of Starcraft MMO would probably be what makes me start playing those kind of games.

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • insta
    • June 20, 2005 at 3:49 AM

    Does anybody know how fast the player moves in singleplayer (in HL2)? As in, how many units per second? I know I've seen it all written down at some webpage, but I'm unable to find the site

  • Small sourcephoto pack

    • insta
    • June 17, 2005 at 9:03 PM

    Thanks, these will come in handy for whenever I sit down and finally learn how to make textures

  • drawings

    • insta
    • June 16, 2005 at 7:13 PM
    Quote from Zacker

    I dunno about you others and the mods here, but I somehow feel that that post was completely offtopic...

    Agreed. I wish mods could start giving out probation for idiots (no offense mike-o ), it would cut down on completely off-topic stuff in the "regular" forums. Keep stuff like that in EOT, or else

  • Pink Floyd

    • insta
    • June 13, 2005 at 7:31 PM

    Wish I could go, I love Pink Floyd

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • June 10, 2005 at 3:23 AM

    Looking sweet. How are you liking UnrealEd compared to Hammer?

  • Lots of drawings and paintings (56k death)

    • insta
    • June 7, 2005 at 5:43 PM

    Sweet, good work

  • BF2 Mod " Frontlines " is looking for 2D / 3D Arti

    • insta
    • June 6, 2005 at 7:03 PM

    Well best of luck to you

  • Jerry is dead (minimalistic photostory)

    • insta
    • June 6, 2005 at 4:41 PM

    First a dead bird, and now a dead mouse. Try to find something larger that has died next time, like a cow or perhaps dinosaur.

    Great pics!

  • Operation:Shadow Phoenix looking for coder(s)

    • insta
    • June 6, 2005 at 1:46 AM
    Quote from Smokey

    Where should I go to find coders?..

    http://www.slashdot.org

  • BF2 Mod " Frontlines " is looking for 2D / 3D Arti

    • insta
    • June 6, 2005 at 1:45 AM

    Aren't you deathly afraid of Forgotten Hope, an already established WW2 mod , which are also moving over to BF2?

  • Beast WIP

    • insta
    • June 4, 2005 at 3:37 AM
    Quote from JynxDaddy

    Bottom left looks the coolest. and top right reminds me of the dudes from Metroid Prime 2

    I think it looks like Sonic.

    Anyways, yes, bottom left looks like the best one.

  • Displacement Editor

    • insta
    • June 2, 2005 at 11:42 PM
    Quote from Tequila

    It probably will eventually, but for now you're got to do some fiddling, opening .map files in notepad. I think I'll just give it some time to mature before embracing it.

    Yeah, it outputs a whole lot of numbers, which you have to manually put into the .vmf file. And I'm on the same boat as you, I'll wait a few more release candidates until I try it out.

  • Displacement Editor

    • insta
    • June 2, 2005 at 6:10 PM

    Saw this over at the Valve-Erc forums :

    Original thread

    Quote

    Like others, I've been frustrated by the limited ability to edit displacements. So I've started on a tool to create displacement curves/bends/arches etc. in a similar manner to the patch meshes of the Q3 engine. Displacements are a lot more powerful as you can edit each vertex independently. The maths was a bit tricky to work out but I've managed to create curved bends so far -

    http://www.symo.clara.net/gfx/disped1.jpg

    Like it says, it's a third-party tool used to create more exotic shapes with displacement maps. I think it looks very interesting, and I look forward to future versions of it. There's already an early version released, click the link at top to check it out (midway down the thread).

  • totally random texture thread

    • insta
    • June 2, 2005 at 5:31 PM

    Nice, I like them! Especially the stone-wall texture.

  • dod_fides

    • insta
    • June 2, 2005 at 5:29 PM

    Argh, a crate! Three, actually!

    What about replacing them with some sandbags or somesuch? And like reno said, spend a few more wpoly on that fountain.

  • prey vid

    • insta
    • June 2, 2005 at 12:54 PM
    Quote from RD

    i thought it was sweet, but a little lame that the kid died from being thrown at a wall, and not being shot or torn apart =(

    I'm sure they're still implementing features, and this will probably be fixed in the release-version.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™