1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • The voice behind Alyx Vance

    • insta
    • July 10, 2005 at 6:41 PM
    Quote from Thrik

    Lots of the characters in HL2 were modelled after the voice actors too.. there's a bunch of comparison photos in that HL2 book you could/can buy. Valve clearly have some kind of fetish with giving their characters more depth, even if 99% of people will never know.

    Luckily the 1% that does know posts at Mapcore

  • de_battleship

    • insta
    • July 10, 2005 at 6:09 PM
    Quote from Bluestrike

    Waves can't be done in source, wel not that I know off.The foam would only be visible in spectator mode and I'm not good enough to make something like that :/

    hmm seagulls nice idea but since the I'm working on a night & fog setting they don't fit. hl2 has a seagull I believe :)

    One way to do a wave-effect would be to model and animate it, then texture it with the water shader you're currently using. I think that would look really neat.

  • COSplayer

    • insta
    • July 10, 2005 at 6:07 PM
    Quote from TomWithTheWeather

    http://%7boption%7d

    Holy christ thats scary

  • Google Earth - Mapcore Members

    • insta
    • July 6, 2005 at 10:25 AM

    insta

    Trondheim, Norway

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • July 5, 2005 at 10:47 PM

    Too foggy in my opinion.

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • insta
    • July 5, 2005 at 2:02 AM
    Quote from mike-0

    whats missing? i think its nice

    Gameplay.

  • Counter-Strike: Source map help

    • insta
    • July 4, 2005 at 5:29 AM

    This is the place to go :

    http://mapcore.net/forums/viewtopic.php ... &start=285

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • insta
    • July 4, 2005 at 2:13 AM

    It's not released since I think it's not very good

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • insta
    • July 3, 2005 at 4:46 AM
    Quote from mike-0

    when are you gonna finish your DM map?

    It's been finished since January 29th.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • July 1, 2005 at 4:32 AM

    I think it looks great as it is. Too much detail in such a setting will just detract from the scene instead of adding to it.

  • HL2 Prop_static woes.

    • insta
    • June 30, 2005 at 6:42 PM

    You said that you have a animation .smd. Doesn't animating a model require bones? If the model has no bones, how on earth did you manage to output an animation file?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • June 30, 2005 at 6:20 AM

    That looks sweet, KB. Does HLRally Source still use "small scale" levels, or is it built like a normal map now since the source engine can tackle much larger areas?

  • Toilets in gaming history

    • insta
    • June 29, 2005 at 6:30 PM

    So....was I the only one that looked through all of the pictures?

  • Job ~~

    • insta
    • June 29, 2005 at 6:29 PM

    Congrats!

  • Valve Developer community wiki launches

    • insta
    • June 29, 2005 at 6:29 PM

    Yeah, it's cool that they're doing the mod expo again.

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • insta
    • June 28, 2005 at 11:24 PM
    Quote from mike-0

    cool insta so are you timing it so a player needs to run away from an explosion or something?

    Kinda

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • insta
    • June 28, 2005 at 5:10 PM
    Quote from mike-0

    dan - at interlopers.net they have a massive thread with every model name in one post, so try ctrl-f to find it. youll have to use the forum search feature to find the thread though.insta - why dont you just make a like 1024 unit room and test it urself? run fraps (movie making program, if u dont have it google it) so you can double check your solution

    Yeah I did that a few minutes after posting. Fun fact : The normal playerspeed is 128 units per second.

  • New character

    • insta
    • June 27, 2005 at 12:55 PM

    I like the lollypop-sniper the best. Wacky stuff

  • Your best Battlefield 2 moment so far...

    • insta
    • June 25, 2005 at 10:55 AM

    Let's get a european mapcore game going (in the demo please)!

    The game is alot of fun when using squads and your team has a decent commander, it's not so much fun when you don't.

  • Your best Battlefield 2 moment so far...

    • insta
    • June 25, 2005 at 6:15 AM

    Just downloaded the demo. However I don't have very high hopes for playing it, since my computer could barely run BF1942

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™