1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • July 16, 2005 at 2:14 AM

    The road texture looks better when used on a 256 unit surface. At only 128 units wide, it looks much thinner than a real road. Try placing that car model onto the road for a second and see if it looks "right".

  • Game Dev outsourcing company from India. Totally awesome!

    • insta
    • July 15, 2005 at 7:05 PM
    Quote from johnm487

    the menu is especially ridiculous. its got unicorns, an eagle, lions, and birds that shoot lighting bolts.

    Those are all the signs of excellent game design.

  • WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

    • insta
    • July 15, 2005 at 1:32 AM

    It's an Aphex Twins music video actually. It's really neat

  • Brothers in Arms SDK Released

    • insta
    • July 15, 2005 at 1:31 AM

    Lets make Allies vs Counter-allies, where the allies try to assassinate Hitler and the CA has to stop them, and in between each battle each side can spend cigarettes and food to trade themselves better weapons.

  • Game Dev outsourcing company from India. Totally awesome!

    • insta
    • July 15, 2005 at 1:29 AM

    Who would pay money for that? Eww

  • Nice keyboard and "mousy mouse"

    • insta
    • July 15, 2005 at 1:28 AM

    Oh god I need one.

  • Hakim Bey

    • insta
    • July 14, 2005 at 8:27 AM

    No, I have never heard of Hakim Bey.

  • Breakfast

    • insta
    • July 14, 2005 at 12:58 AM
    Quote from Zyndrome

    I sometimes only eat dinner , and some sandwiches around midnight...

    I'm exactly the same and I'm doing just great

  • Open Source Map Pack

    • insta
    • July 13, 2005 at 7:05 PM

    Kudos for releasing the maps, I'm sure some people will find it very helpfull. Are you continuing mapping for HL2 or another engine?

  • Brothers in Arms SDK Released

    • insta
    • July 13, 2005 at 7:03 PM

    Is there a community around BiA? Does anybody play the multiplayer?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • July 13, 2005 at 5:32 PM

    Looks great, KoKo5oVaR! How about making some coins and have them behave as a sawblade when thrown with the gravgun?

  • Haxed.core?

    • insta
    • July 13, 2005 at 9:08 AM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Yea I expected the worst, everybody remembers the downtime of 2004...I don't know if I could go through that again...

    Oh god don't remind me, or else I will get the razorblades out and start cutting myself (just like last time)

  • banned ?!?!

    • insta
    • July 11, 2005 at 5:42 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Why can't everybody be so wise and mature like Kosmo is?

    He is my favorite new poster

  • Sin Episode screenies

    • insta
    • July 11, 2005 at 3:13 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    i wasn't even talking about that Just the graphics, FEAR has a pretty generic realism style, eventhough they use all the latest blingbling the art side of it isnt very original :/

    Have you seen screenshots from the multiplayer beta test? The maps and textures aren't very impressive at all, atleast not compared to the stuff which was seen in the movie with that scary girl and whatnot.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • July 11, 2005 at 10:20 AM

    Off-topic, but Reno, update your website info from .com to .net

  • COSplayer

    • insta
    • July 11, 2005 at 7:22 AM
    Quote from marque_pierre

    I suppose it would be the wimpish way out to go as Gordon Freeman...

    Atleast you wouldn't have to talk to the other people there.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • July 11, 2005 at 6:03 AM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    Had plenty of time on the computer this evening... and felt like modernizing this: http://www.snarkpit.net/maps/HL/images/124_2.jpgResult so far is this (beware, full in-editor shot, ~1meg): http://www.button-masher.net/wip/logs/e ... mage12.png

    Starting to try and figure where I'll start cranking out the detail on it... needs lots of pipes and wires, of course, and various other bits o' goodness. I was surprised how quickly I ported the geometry over... maybe 15 minutes for both sides roughed-in. Took longer than that to find a texture set I was comfortable using.

    Looking good! And I envy your dual monitor setup. A whole monitor reserved for the 2d view? Bah, luxury!

  • Sin Episode screenies

    • insta
    • July 11, 2005 at 4:02 AM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    Why reinvent the wheel on piddly details? Content from scratch takes longer and longer to make (at least, until tools catch up a bit more ). Especially in this case, where after the first release they'll be pushing out an episode every 3-4 months, they need every minute they can spare.

    I did notice the props in there, but it didn't bother me one bit. They look like they fit. Now, if we saw a citadel in the skyline... that'd be another story

    Yeah, it's not a big deal really. Anyway, I'm pretty sure they're just placeholders for now. As you can see from the other screenshots using only original content, their artstyle is a bit more cartoony than HL2, so I'm sure it will eventually be replaced.

  • Sin Episode screenies

    • insta
    • July 11, 2005 at 2:19 AM
    Quote from Tequila

    Not enough to make me cry though, thankfully. Seems like there's more than enough content to define the SiN universe.

    I wonder, if you license the source engine for a project, do you get the right to use HL2 art and model assets as well? Or is this some special deal with Ritual. Otherwise, I fear we will see HL2 white metal railing models in all future Source games.

  • COSplayer

    • insta
    • July 11, 2005 at 2:16 AM

    I'd go as a suicide bomber.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™