1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • Chocolate Milk

    • insta
    • December 4, 2005 at 3:42 AM
    Quote from von*ferret

    middle manager at mcdonalds maybe.

    Isn't that where all aspiring level designers work

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • December 4, 2005 at 3:40 AM
    Quote from D3ads

    Thanks.

    Those textures have been bought by a game company so I can't release them.

    Oh balls!

    I'm trying to make my own Sci-fi textures but it's not happening as I can't draw from scratch and you can't get photos of something that doesn't exist!

    Can you give me any tips? At the moment I'm looking into editing d3 textures by taking screens in the editor :roll:

    Aren't doom3 textures .tga's? Why not just import them directly into HL2, or whatever engine you're working on.

  • dod_salerno

    • insta
    • December 3, 2005 at 6:13 AM
    Quote from kleinluka

    is there no way to control HDR intensity? its way overkill right now... other than that, very nice work!dan

    Plenty of ways. I'm just tasteless

  • dod_salerno

    • insta
    • December 3, 2005 at 4:42 AM

    Well the shots were taken with HDR, since I'm a sucker for bright and shiny stuff. It's more toned down with regular lighting

  • dod_salerno

    • insta
    • December 3, 2005 at 1:29 AM

    Hooray, it's finally finished. Well, almost. I've been having playtests on it for the last month or so, this is the first public release. After it's been out for around a month and no critical bugs have been discovered, I'll simply do a recompile and release the absolutely final version. For now though, you'll have to play a version with _rc1 attached to the mapname

    Oh look here are some pictures.

    [Blocked Image: http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/9143/dodsalerno10hm.th.jpg][Blocked Image: http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/9460/dodsalerno27sb.th.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/6614/dodsalerno30pi.th.jpg][Blocked Image: http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/9797/dodsalerno42mn.th.jpg]

    Download link :

    http://trasig.info/maps/dod_salerno_rc1.zip

    http://mapmonger.com/files/dod_salerno_rc1.zip

    http://maps.nomad9.us/insta/dod_salerno_rc1.zip

    All files are embedded into the .bsp. Enjoy

  • Chocolate Milk

    • insta
    • December 2, 2005 at 1:32 PM

    I'm pretty sure that video is from before the Xbox 360 was released.

  • Chocolate Milk

    • insta
    • December 2, 2005 at 9:56 AM
    Quote from Section_Ei8ht

    yeah, i saw that awhile ago. Kinda sucks that these days its practicly illegal to beat your kids.

    That's why I'm stocking up on phonebooks if I ever get a kid.

  • Chocolate Milk

    • insta
    • December 2, 2005 at 8:55 AM

    Hah, yeah. That kid needs a good beating, and his xbox needs to be set on fire.

  • Blender's TS map needs crits please

    • insta
    • December 1, 2005 at 10:48 PM

    Crazy kids.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • December 1, 2005 at 9:21 PM

    rockdude: I like it! Solid brushwork

  • Hammer 4.1 BETA is out - New issues

    • insta
    • December 1, 2005 at 12:51 AM
    Quote from ReNo

    Now stop whining, and be happy Valve are continuing to work on their editor to improve it.

    Hear hear.

  • Hammer 4.1 BETA is out - New issues

    • insta
    • November 30, 2005 at 11:27 PM

    Again, it's a beta. There's bound to be problems.

  • 360 Ad = Brilliant - Not Banned

    • insta
    • November 30, 2005 at 6:00 PM

    The "Bang" commercial reminded me of Spaced, if anybody has seen that.

  • Best place to get models

    • insta
    • November 29, 2005 at 10:23 PM

    It's spelled "like". The k before the e.

  • France and Zoo

    • insta
    • November 29, 2005 at 5:42 PM

    Wow, excellent pictures. I especially like the human skull and the second picture.

  • Stainless Steel belly up, people burning, stuff screaming

    • insta
    • November 29, 2005 at 2:25 PM

    I'm pretty sure Starcraft and Warcraft 3 still has a huge following.

  • screensavers

    • insta
    • November 29, 2005 at 2:07 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    be never bored again!http://www.freesaver.com/johnny.htm

    Oh man, I remember that from back in the day. Best screensaver ever.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • November 28, 2005 at 5:26 PM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    The textures are EvilLair's new pack for q4 (eX or something, I think it's his 10th). Good set; looks pretty good in HL2 as well.

    Oh man, I need to bookmark his site, this completely passed me by.

    I love his previous texture-packs.

  • The Grammar Orgy

    • insta
    • November 27, 2005 at 9:05 AM

    Petition to have rd as moderator with a mission to replace all correctly spelled words with the internet equivalent. Let the editing wars begin.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • November 26, 2005 at 5:39 AM

    Looks nice, but I'd say the detailtexture on the concrete has a bit too much noise.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™