Very cool stuff, squirrel.
Posts by insta
-
-
I dun gerrit

-
-
-
I've read that there are actually guided tours into Chernobyl. I really want to go some day, would be awesome to spend a day there taking pictures and looking around.
-
Awesome, Cyanide. Love the skin.
-
Looks like a good DM map, ploep. Be sure to port it over once Valve releases HL1DM for the Source engine

-
-
I don't know if there's such an entity, but why not just remove the weapons with console commands? r_drawviewmodel 0 and unbind the attack key and whatnot.
Edit : of course you'll still see the weapons in third person.
-
Awesome. The computer console thingy would look even better as a model with animated texture, though.
-
-
Quote from rockdude86
It's so... smooth.
Just turned down the lightmapscale. Its a simple way of adding lots of interesting detail to an otherwise bland area.
Mmm... I'd always thought that degraded performance too much. I guess I'll fiddle around a bit.Ooo, to make up for that, would you scale up the lightmaps in places that are not going to be lit? Would that help at all?
Lower lightmapscale will add time to vrad during compile, so only use it on the surfaces where you know you will get some really neato shadows.
Scaling up lightmapscale won't really do much, since the default of 16 is already pretty high.
isnt it about lightmaps being low that gives you more quality :wink:
Isn't that what I'm saying?

-
Shouldn't that go in the model thread

-
Quote from dissonance
It's so... smooth.
Just turned down the lightmapscale. Its a simple way of adding lots of interesting detail to an otherwise bland area.
Mmm... I'd always thought that degraded performance too much. I guess I'll fiddle around a bit.Ooo, to make up for that, would you scale up the lightmaps in places that are not going to be lit? Would that help at all?
Lower lightmapscale will add time to vrad during compile, so only use it on the surfaces where you know you will get some really neato shadows.
Scaling up lightmapscale won't really do much, since the default of 16 is already pretty high.
-
What about a mini-mapping contest with some pretty strict limits? Like, only 100 brushes, 5 displacement maps, 5 brush entities and 5 point entities? (For HL2, since that would most likely get the most participants). It wouldn't have to be a playable map, but rather a scene or whatever.
Also, impose a deadline. Maybe 1 week from start to finish.
-
Wow, very nice stuff. The stair-room could be spruced up a bit with decals or more detailed lighting, but otherwise great.
-
Specular noses! It's what I've always wanted in a WW2 shooter.
-
Great brushwork! Now work on the lighting to highlight it

-
That is indeed how I imagine God looks like.
-