1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • PK01 - Quake IV / Source Texture Set

    • insta
    • September 7, 2006 at 9:01 PM

    I bet these would be perfect for a Hidden-map.

  • Having prop_physics to act like prop_static's

    • insta
    • September 7, 2006 at 1:45 PM

    Use prop_dynamic_override.

  • Steve Irwin Donation!

    • insta
    • September 4, 2006 at 8:47 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    Why would you do that, I'm sure there are another organizations that deserve more this money.

  • PK01 - Quake IV / Source Texture Set

    • insta
    • September 3, 2006 at 10:20 PM

    Incredibly hot! I love it.

  • The random model thread!

    • insta
    • September 1, 2006 at 9:45 AM

    I like it, apart from the lensflare.

  • mjdm1 - Hunky-dory

    • insta
    • August 31, 2006 at 3:18 PM

    On second thought I should maybe have posted this in the WIP thread

  • mjdm1 - Hunky-dory

    • insta
    • August 31, 2006 at 3:17 PM

    Here's a Doom3 map I've been working on lately. It's mainly for 1vs1, but I'm sure it will play just nice with 4 players as well.

    [Blocked Image: http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/6515/mjdm1dr3.th.jpg] [Blocked Image: http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/8158/mjdm2tp2.th.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/8922/mjdm3zq9.th.jpg] [Blocked Image: http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/5993/mjdm4xo1.th.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • August 30, 2006 at 10:58 AM

    Superb stuff, Defrag. I have a few earlier shots of Push on my harddrive for inspiration

  • In The Works ...

    • insta
    • August 28, 2006 at 5:17 PM

    What about making a few grime-decals and apply them here and there, just to break up the repetition?

  • The random model thread!

    • insta
    • August 27, 2006 at 1:26 PM

    I think it needs more post-apocalyptic details, st0lve. What about adding some jerrycans, a shovel, some high-power lights on the roof, a huge external fueltank on the back and so on? Go have a look at Mad Max Road Warrior for inspiration

    Of course I don't know what your polybudget is.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • insta
    • August 27, 2006 at 12:55 AM

    Haha, awesome picture.

  • Company of Heroes

    • insta
    • August 26, 2006 at 7:39 PM

    You better start buying games before your fellow Gearbox members lynch you.

  • Team Fortress 2 still alive :o

    • insta
    • August 24, 2006 at 12:34 AM

    That looks so awesome. Glad to see that they're bringing back gibbing!

  • HL2DM: Kermit the frog

    • insta
    • August 21, 2006 at 2:44 PM

    I love it!

  • Your first Level Editor

    • insta
    • August 18, 2006 at 1:13 PM
    Quote from Section_Ei8ht

    I thought I was the only one! Making tracks for stunts was awesome!

    But if you dont consider that an editor, then it would have to be the Duke Nukem 3d editor, from that to worldcraft/hammer, and now radiant, with a few inbetweens for rts'

    Exactly the same line of editors I've used. Eerie

  • DM ThinIce and CTF Decay

    • insta
    • August 17, 2006 at 11:28 PM

    You're a source of inspiration, Hourence. Really jaw-dropping work.

  • collision model in hl2 - what are the limits ?

    • insta
    • August 10, 2006 at 6:44 PM

    Most valve railings use a box for collision model. Why not just tell the guy that is supposed to use the model to just manually add thin nodraw brushes to the pillars in Hammer?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • August 9, 2006 at 4:39 PM
    Quote from KungFuSquirrel

    Lighting will definitely take some time to master, just remember - keep your overlap down and watch your shadow counts. Some cool geometry there; I think it'd pull off really well with a better lighting pass.

    Thanks for the feedback. A thing I was wondering about the lights;

    are there any limits as to how many you can have in a scene at once? I understand that if a light shines on more han 3 surfaces at once, it will get quite expensive to render. Is it better to have few lights which shine on many surfaces each, or can you throw in a heap of lights as long as each has a low facecount?

    Quote

    As an MP map, I'm not sure it'd fare so well. You probably won't want any doors at all and you'll need to be really careful with brushwork and lighting. Right now it looks a bit better suited for SP.

    True. Should provide me with a great opportunity to really learn the scripting/entity work, since right now I can't even trigger entities :S

    Quote

    Also: you can take screenshots at any resolution you please - try "screenshot 4000 3000" and then sample down if you want to smooth things out as much as possible. Poor man's AA if your hardware can't handle it (plus the editor doesn't like to run if AA is enabled).

    I'll try that next time. For these screenshots, I dared to go up in resolution to 800x600, but had to turn it back down to 640x480 again when I wanted to actually play the game.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • August 9, 2006 at 5:35 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/9485/q41po2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/6241/q42bb3.jpg]

    Subtle lighting is not something I'm good at, so I apologize for any burnt retinas.

    Learning the Doom3 engine/radiant editor. Alot of fun, and a huge change from Hammer/Source. Hopefully I can stretch this out to a 1vs1 DM map.

  • Now playing

    • insta
    • August 8, 2006 at 9:44 PM

    Quake4, since I got a "new" graphics card which is marginally better than my old one. Still stuck in 640x480 though

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™