Is the mountain done with brush-triangles, not displacements? ![]()
Also, maybe you should consider throwing a 3d skybox in there.
Is the mountain done with brush-triangles, not displacements? ![]()
Also, maybe you should consider throwing a 3d skybox in there.
I ask Philip daily about when the tech-release will be, but he always deflects the question by saying that I'm dumb and that I smell ![]()
Get out! Get out while you still can!
Neat! The antenna looks a bit too small/thin when compared to the size of the buttons and such.
I think one of the requirements for being a member of the jury would be that you did not actually take part in the contest ![]()
What about if we throw together a jury of 4-5 mapcorians~ which can have a quick playtest of the maps and rank them all in terms of gameplay, graphics, performance, originality etc.
I nominate Rick_D! And maybe even Spellbinder too!
That sounds like a very high res texture for such an "unimportant" prop. Also, I think you went a bit overboard with the scratches and whatnot. Reminds me of something out of Painkiller ![]()
Hard to make out much since everything is so dark/brown. Is it a spider?
Change the lights to a more orange hue instead of yellow.
Lose the grunge filter, get a mapper friend of yours to do a more impressive scene of the Source stuff, maybe remove the grass-planes from the graveyard scene and maybe show only the textures/UVs of the Source stuff in full-view.
Good luck with your job hunting!
*By "more impressive" i mean something you can show up close. Right now its hard to make out any details.
Quote from WunderboyDunno if anyone knew, but theres some basic displacement deformation code in the Source SDK. You can define a point, sphere size and if you want push, pinch or pull on the surrounding displacement.Not tried it myself, not 100% sure if its fully implemented or just a hack but its there alright.
Always thought about making artillery rounds blow real craters
It works, but the collision on the displacement surface isn't updated so it's strictly a graphical effect.
Quote from Zetecoex is pretty fun with four players bouncing around and throwing phys stuff. One of the main problems is that is hl2dm is just no fun to play.
I think you're on to something ![]()
Better wish you a happy birthday, otherwise you'll just cry on msn.
So, happy birthday!
Quote from JeanPaulJamnagar is a place in India and it has a pretty sick refinery, so I picked that name so that it was original and would stand out.
I'll send them an email and ask if they had me in mind when naming their city.
And Rick_D, how many players are you playing the maps with? Like I've said earlier, my map is recommended for 1vs1, 4 players max. Although with 4 players, it will be a constant hail of SMG fire (just like every other HL2DM map, oh dip)
Nice work JeanPaul, although I wish it had more color. Maybe make it at night with some orange spotlights, some red pointlights etc.?
Also the mapname is sort of an anagram of my name (Magnar J), whats up with that? ![]()
Man Reno I LOVE your map, holy smokes!
And peris, your screenshots dont work ![]()
HERE GOES NOTHING
yanked
Hope the last picture doesn't suck, if you have an LCD just jerk your head around until it looks ok.
Good luck to everyone! ![]()