1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • Now playing

    • insta
    • October 1, 2007 at 4:18 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    What the fuck is up with the sub missions in GTA:SA? I cleared the firetruck and pimping missions on the first try but the ambulance missions are rediculously hard thanks to some unfair time limits and stupidly long distances away from patients and the hospital :/Oh and I installed the patch to remedy that 'storm/rain' bug, but it's still occuring, sound seems to completely cut out whenever I punch a car... wtf?

    Regardless, excellent game.. even tempted to say it's better than Vice City.. just for the voice acting and cutscenes alone!

    Do the ambulance missions in the small rural towns near that big mountain. It's alot easier.

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • insta
    • September 30, 2007 at 8:42 PM

    Didn't it taste good?

  • Now playing

    • insta
    • September 28, 2007 at 3:24 PM

    TF2, Bioshock (I'm really really slow) and some Forza 2.

  • Orange box, new screens

    • insta
    • September 28, 2007 at 12:32 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    i guess you need to upgrade then.. heh.. hehe

    Lmao you went there!

  • De_Forest

    • insta
    • September 27, 2007 at 2:24 PM

    I just remembered that I'm a mod in the level design forum, so I just deleted 10 posts with hilarious name suggestions. Try to keep them to yourself from here on out.

  • Orange box, new screens

    • insta
    • September 26, 2007 at 4:58 PM
    Quote from Oski

    isnt that citadel killing pic sort of a spoiler?

    It happened at the end of Ep1 though. But I guess its a bit of a spoiler if you haven't played HL2 or Ep1.

  • It's a Boy :D

    • insta
    • September 26, 2007 at 2:32 PM

    Hooray for babies!

  • Project Top Secret!

    • insta
    • September 25, 2007 at 6:10 PM

    "More than 52,000 people signed up to help design the game."

    I'll guess that at least 51 950 of them are "idea guys", the other 50 are struggling to download a keygen for 3dsmax.

  • UGAC - 17th Century Plague Doctor

    • insta
    • September 25, 2007 at 3:27 PM
    Quote from Sindwiller

    The infamous bird doctor... Looks really nice Looks a bit futuristic though...

    Cyborgs often look futuristic.

  • Team Fortress 2 beta!!!!!

    • insta
    • September 21, 2007 at 3:24 PM

    I love this game. Being a spy is so much fun.

  • Team Fortress 2 beta!!!!!

    • insta
    • September 19, 2007 at 1:22 AM

    Fuck yes, I finally got my Certificate of Excellence from The Peggle Institute!

  • Open Source Game development?

    • insta
    • September 17, 2007 at 8:25 AM
    Quote from leileilol

    The main thing why no 'pro' artist ever contributes to FOSS game projects is that their holy art will be MODIFIED!!! and BUTCHERED!!! and DAMAGING TO THEIR EGO!!! Plus they can't really make their portfolio level artwork then release it to some game because it'll totally be derived from.

    Haha you are so hilariously bitter.

  • Colin McRae dies in Helicopter Crash.

    • insta
    • September 16, 2007 at 4:57 PM

    He's driving racecars in heaven now

  • Mario Level that plays itself

    • insta
    • September 13, 2007 at 5:56 PM

    Holy macarony, that must have taken so long to develop and test.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • insta
    • September 13, 2007 at 5:02 PM

    Congrats on finishing your internship, Kreigore

  • why is this rendering?

    • insta
    • September 13, 2007 at 11:22 AM

    Zyndrome speaks the truth. Areaportals that are always open will still help, since the player has to have direct LOS to them for them to render the area behind them. If VIS is giving you a hard time about certain corners or something, add a always open areaportal around the corner and it will sort itself out.

    The best way to see them in action is having a look at the dod_flash map source, they're demonstrated nicely near the middle of the map.

  • Euro Football: Poland - Finland

    • insta
    • September 12, 2007 at 3:01 PM

    Psh, football. Why don't you follow a real mans sport, like monstertrucks or war crimes?

  • Euro mutt

    • insta
    • September 11, 2007 at 11:28 AM

    100% Norwegian. The most boring recipe in the world.

  • Top 25 selling videogames of all time

    • insta
    • September 9, 2007 at 5:58 PM

    Big ups to Rockstar North for having all the GTA3s on the list

  • Level Designer - Some questions

    • insta
    • September 5, 2007 at 8:41 PM
    Quote from Hourences

    Insta, any reason why you wouldnt want to live in the woods? Besides your own preference? Im interested in Sweden and would definitely live outside town, any reason not to? Like "cant get out of your house in winter because theres 3 meter snow on the road" ?

    Haha, well I didn't mean literally "in the woods", I mean I just think it sucks to take the metro for 20-30 minutes each way every day, so I pay a bit more so that I only need to take it for like 10 minutes instead. The apartment I had before this one cost 250 euros but it took me ~25 min to get to work. Trust me, you won't get snowed in while living in Stockholm, unless you pay like 10 euros in rent and live underneath a container or something

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™