1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • Brand spanking new portfolio!

    • insta
    • December 14, 2008 at 11:15 AM

    Okay, I finally got a portfolio. Big thanks to PhilipK for helping me put it together!

    If you want to take a look at it, you can just click this underlined text, and it will appear!

    I'm gonna upload all my maps to FPSBanana so there will be some consistency to the download links, and I'll probably have an option to download the maps directly from my site as well. Hopefully I will get around to fixing that today.

    Okay, so let me know what you think already!

  • [MP2] Mona: The Assassin

    • insta
    • December 11, 2008 at 9:33 AM

    Incredible work, I'll be sure to play it when it's released. It should work on the Steam version of Max Payne 2, right?

  • [TF2] Arena_offblast

    • insta
    • December 8, 2008 at 5:33 PM
    Quote from MJ

    why not blastoff?

    It's not as good as offblast, is why.

  • [TF2] Arena_offblast

    • insta
    • December 7, 2008 at 4:09 PM
    Quote from dux

    Nice magnar. But fuck, get a new pc.

    Haha, whoops, didn't think about turning the settings up. I promise I'll do it for the release screenshots

  • [TF2] Arena_offblast

    • insta
    • December 7, 2008 at 3:42 PM

    Here's some more screenshots of the Arena map I'm working on. Like I wrote in the WIP thread, it takes place around and inside a hollowed out mesa, both teams are fighting for control of a (somewhat) hidden missile silo.

    [Blocked Image: http://magnarj.net/images/arena_offblast0003.jpg]

    The red side of the map. You spawn in the lower right corner and can either go directly into the silo or circle around. In the house there's a large ammopack in the bottom passage, and a small healthkit in the main room. The blue area is mirrored, but is in the shadow of the mountain.

    [Blocked Image: http://magnarj.net/images/arena_offblast0006.jpg]

    The silo and the CP, looking towards blues entrance into it. If you go left (out of frame) on the platform you end up in the house in screenshot 1, the right exit leads to a flanking route. I'd really like a neutral skin on the rocket, but it only comes in red.

    [Blocked Image: http://magnarj.net/images/arena_offblast0007.jpg]

    The lower area of the silo. Underneath the platform where the CP is you can barely see where the tunnel in the first screenshot leads. These tunnels are mainly there for snipers.

    To the right there's a short flanking route with a medium ammopack.

    I was thinking of having a "instant win" button where you could start up the rocketengine and fry anybody underneath, but I think it would only be fun the first time it happened.

    Skdr also suggested having the tunnel-doors closed at first and open once the CP is unlocked, I'll wait and see how the playtests turn out.

    Release should be soonish, I just need to get some playtesting done on it, which will hopefully happen during the week. Also need to do some more optimizations.

    Hope you like it!

  • Garry officially a rich bastard

    • insta
    • December 7, 2008 at 6:07 AM
    Quote from JynxDaddy

    i would like to take this opportunity to announce : JynxDaddy's Mod

    Haha.

  • pl_halfacre - a single stage payload map

    • insta
    • November 30, 2008 at 7:21 PM

    That's a watermark you can write home about!

    Is there any servers running the map?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • November 30, 2008 at 7:19 PM

    Yep it's mirrored. I'm gonna try to make them not feel so samey by doing unique detailing and lighting. The initial plan was to have it offset, like arena_ravine, but I sort of forgot doing that

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • November 29, 2008 at 5:06 PM

    Heres a screenshot from a TF2 Arena map I'm working on. It takes place in and around a hollowed-out mesa.

    The other side of the map looks the same as this one, except more blue, and with more shadows, so it will be lighted manually instead of relying on the sun.

    I'll show some screens of the interior soon-ish, since I'm working on lighting it.

    [Blocked Image: http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/9929/offblast1rh1.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • November 26, 2008 at 7:28 PM

    Whats wrong with making maps for games you enjoy playing, instead of what has the bestest graphix

  • Survivalling

    • insta
    • November 21, 2008 at 8:37 AM

    When the going gets tough, eat your friends and use their skin as a tent.

  • Somebody at 2KSports forgot something

    • insta
    • October 22, 2008 at 3:41 PM

    Same thing happened to me when I bought Hidden and Dangerous 2. Had to download a ripped copy so I could get the keygen

  • Congrats Mino!!!!

    • insta
    • October 11, 2008 at 3:25 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    The studio director (a french guy) has been working for Ubisoft for 14 years mind you. He's also been living in Brazil for quite a lot of time, is a citizen and knows the peculiarities of this country quite well. He was personally responsible for some successful DS franchises like imagine and petz, and was also the director for ubi's 3rd party games, including GRAW/GRAW 2 PC (the Grin dudes saw him a couple of times at their office )

    Wonder if it's the guy that couldn't pronounce AI. (He kept talking about AE)

  • Congrats Mino!!!!

    • insta
    • October 10, 2008 at 10:40 AM

    Congrats!

  • Deus Ex 3

    • insta
    • October 6, 2008 at 9:32 AM

    You're so lucky to be working on a new Deus Ex game, Klein

    I had a chance to look at the screens before they were taken down, looks very cool indeed. And the main characters name is Jensen, which makes it an instant buy for me!

  • Call of Duty: World at war

    • insta
    • September 18, 2008 at 3:24 PM

    Yeah I sure hope the gameplay is great too!

  • Call of Duty: World at war

    • insta
    • September 18, 2008 at 12:34 PM

    Could be fun, the videos look decent anyway. I never got around to playing Call of Duty 3 (which they also made), but I've read reviews of it that were positive. Did anybody here try it?

  • the daily "how was your day?" extravaganza 2008

    • insta
    • September 3, 2008 at 2:46 PM
    Quote from skdr

    I was visiting Stockholm all weekend and I met Insta, Peris, Evert, Synthesizer, Hipshot and Wunderboy. We also had few beers, right Insta?

    Not that I remember.

  • [Portal] Affinity

    • insta
    • August 18, 2008 at 7:24 PM

    Hello! I'm finally releasing my Portal map which has been sitting on my harddrive for a month or two.

    The map comes with two versions, the story version and the challenge version. I spent a lot of time tweaking the challenge goals, let me know if you beat them.

    The map uses some HL2 assets, so I recommend you have HL2 installed.

    Screens :

    [Blocked Image: http://3dedit.net/magnar/aff01.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://3dedit.net/magnar/aff02.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://3dedit.net/magnar/aff03.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://3dedit.net/magnar/aff04.jpg]

    Thanks to :

    Everybody that helped playtest the map

    The people keeping the Valve Developer Wiki updated

    Synthesizer and Evert for helping me with hosting

    Download :

    http://3dedit.net/magnar/affinity.zip

    http://www.simonbarsky.com/affinity/affinity.zip

    Hope you enjoy the map!

  • post your pic extravaganza 2008!!!~

    • insta
    • August 17, 2008 at 3:00 PM

    You look like P-Diddy, mrh2o!!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™