My Game of the Year 2009 would be Plants vs Zombies.
Posts by insta
-
-
Thanks! Working hard on Part 2. And I'll fix that badly placed autosave

-
Quote from Synthesizer
Are you working on it in Norway?? I tried it with bots, and the only thing I found a bit annoying was not being able to shoot through the fences.
Yeah I find that very annoying as well. But if I remove collision on the fences and only clip it, then bombs and rockets will be able to pass through as well

Anyway, the map has been updated to Beta 3 now, and I've made a zipfile with the TF2 bot navgraph as well.
Download :
http://magnarj.net/files/koth_switcheroo_b3.zip
Navgraph (with instructions) :
-
Thanks! I'll release Beta 3 in a few days. It will be better!!
-
Happy birthday, Matthias!!!

-
Bump! Updated the map to Beta 2!
Changelist :
-Simplified clipping in main arena and removed collision on some models for smoother rocket/demoman jumping.
-Removed clipping from roof of shacks near bases and the two towers near capture zone.
-Changed right flank neutral ammopack to large instead of medium.
-Rebuilt Red base exterior to better fit the alpine style.
-Tweaked fog distance.
-Some texture changes and graphical fixes here and there.
Download here :
-
-
He looks like the ghosts from super mario.
-
Hereby vis-à-vis therefore, furthermore L4D2

-
Finally found some spare time to finish up and release beta 1 of koth_switcheroo, a TF2 map I've had laying around since around september!
The map is set in a ore loading facility which both sides are really keen on controlling. The capturepoint is located on the ore loading tray, which is the highest point of the level.
Some screenshots :
[Blocked Image: http://magnarj.net/images/switcheroo/switcheroo1.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://magnarj.net/images/switcheroo/switcheroo2.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://magnarj.net/images/switcheroo/switcheroo3.jpg]
And a download link (Updated) :
http://magnarj.net/files/koth_switcheroo_b4.zip
Hope I haven't screwed anything up, fingers crossed!!
Update: I....updated the post! With beta 4 :derp:
-
That map is looking supernice Psy! And very cool timelapse too

-
You're blowing my mind, man, you're blowing my mind!

-
It's raining uncooked spaghetti!
-
Maybe
Quoteall the civilians were going to terrorist training camps
in Pakistan? Then it's
Quotejustified
.
-
Haha, the horror! The horror!
-
What about doing it with an arch (using the arch tool with "add height"), then manually sewing and tweaking the displacements so that they form an incline?
http://magnarj.net/images/misc/brushes.jpg before displacing
http://magnarj.net/images/misc/displaced.jpg after displacing and some tweaking (far from perfect, but it can be good if you spend some time on it
)Hope that helps!
-
I agree that the layout is very nice indeed, and I also agree with ditching the 3d stuff and just put in writing what 3d packages you know, if some company requires you to know that they'll probably bake that into an art test or something.
I definetly think you should do as you said and do a TF2 map or some other project with a different style than the WW2 stuff, variety is always nice.
And oh yeah, the red text at the bottom of the Radar, Archery and Pegasus is making me crosseyed when I read it, maybe change it to some other color

-
Hey guys, remember when we all worked for Grin? Those were the days!
-
Holy macarony! Looks awesome!
-
Thanks! There's not that much left to do on it, just clipping and all that fiddly stuff so a release shouldn't be that far off hopefully!