1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • The Mod Community Today

    • insta
    • June 2, 2010 at 11:38 AM

    I think its several factors to why it's slowed down/died.

    Steeper learning curve for tools, people are more critical (it seems) since they judge whatever model or texture 14 year old Johnny Modalot (fictional person!!!) creates to the models and textures found in the latest AAA game.

    Game schools are abundant, so people with even a minor interest in games dev can study for a couple of years and most likely get a job afterwards. Before it seemed that modding was THE stepping stone into the industry, but that's the past (sadly).

    Market is completely filled with AAA games, so a new Counterstrike will probably never happen since no player has the attention span or commitment of following beta releases of a no-name mod, since there's so much other cool stuff being released all the time. No players = no feedback or testing, which means slow death for the could-be-great mod.

    As a conclusion, yes I think it's pretty dead. Atleast on lifesupport! Which sucks

  • [EP2] Mission Improbable Part 2

    • insta
    • June 1, 2010 at 7:03 PM

    Glad you enjoyed it! It was alot of fun making it as well

  • [EP2] Mission Improbable Part 2

    • insta
    • June 1, 2010 at 10:03 AM

    My next singleplayer mod will be consoles only, same hardware for every user

  • [EP2] Mission Improbable Part 2

    • insta
    • June 1, 2010 at 8:09 AM
    Quote from Synthesizer

    Why didn't you tell me this was close to releasing?!?! I'm going to play it at lunch.

    We don't communicate anymore

  • [EP2] Mission Improbable Part 2

    • insta
    • June 1, 2010 at 5:17 AM
    Quote from Pampers

    edit: maybe its because i overwrote the old mimp folder in the sourcemods directory?

    Yeah, it's possible the installation failed because of that. Just overwriting might cause some strangeness, so it's always best to delete the old folder before extracting.

  • [EP2] Mission Improbable Part 2

    • insta
    • May 31, 2010 at 7:49 PM

    Mission Improbable is my singleplayer mod for Episode 2 that I'm working on whenever I can find the time. It's currently two levels, with a third and final level coming in the future.

    Here's how it looks :

    Part 1

    [Blocked Image: http://magnarj.net/images/mimp/mimp1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://magnarj.net/images/mimp/mimp2.jpg]

    Part 2

    [Blocked Image: http://magnarj.net/images/mimp/mimp23.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://magnarj.net/images/mimp/mimp22.jpg]

    And here are some download links :

    http://www.planetphillip.com/files/hl2- ... ble-1-2.7z

    http://www.filefront.com/r.b/filepath__ ... ble-1-2.7z

    http://magnarj.net/files/mimp2.zip

    Installation instructions can be found in the .zip file. Both part 1 and 2 is included.

    Hope you like the maps!

    Update: Bonus timelapse video! Click here!

  • G. Henry Schmitt - Level Designer

    • insta
    • May 28, 2010 at 8:10 AM

    Where are the download links for your UT/GOW levels and scripting projects? I only saw a download link for your HL2 pinball machine project.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • insta
    • May 20, 2010 at 10:27 AM

    Bought planetickets to California for my summer vacation. Gonna spend two weeks over there in July.

    Have to start a diet right now if I'm gonna have a chance at getting into my bikini

  • Tactical Intervention

    • insta
    • May 18, 2010 at 9:35 PM
    Quote from Ginger Lord

    But humans is?

    mmmk.

    Dogs are humans too.

  • custom blend texture shows up fullbright in hammer

    • insta
    • May 15, 2010 at 11:29 PM

    So how does the vmt look like then?

  • James Russell - Level Designer

    • insta
    • May 12, 2010 at 11:56 PM
    Quote from CrowbarSka

    Erm... Yes, you need to have at least 3 more loaders that takes up to 10 minutes each to load, and finally when you get to the website itself it needs to have a even more non-friendly flash interface that no one knows how to use and struggles to see your portfolio!

    So yeah, we're NOT on the same page, did you even read the feedback that people posted? Along with very useful links with shitloads of information on how to make a neat and friendly online portfolio?! I don't think you did.

    I think it was a joke.

    Give him a break, he's from Portugal or something

  • [GoW] Embry Station - Beta now available

    • insta
    • May 10, 2010 at 9:34 AM

    After looking at the playthrough-video, I think you picked the enemy with the most annoying combat sounds to build a scenario around

  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days

    • insta
    • May 6, 2010 at 1:47 PM

    Haha did she really say "should you choose to fuck us"?

  • StarCraft II

    • insta
    • May 6, 2010 at 12:29 PM

    Oh right I forgot about that. I got two invites today, let me know if you still need one!

    Edit: and they're gone!

  • MapCore Job Census

    • insta
    • May 6, 2010 at 9:20 AM

    Congrats Ginger. You turned that frown upside down!

  • StarCraft II

    • insta
    • May 4, 2010 at 10:12 PM
    Quote from Skjalg

    ofc insta. You got my email so you can just add that

    Done! Is it the same one you use on MSN?

  • StarCraft II

    • insta
    • May 4, 2010 at 7:21 PM

    A friend of mine borrowed my SC2 account and rocketed into gold league. I'm, however, more suited for dry-heaving league, so I get crushed whenever I go online. I hope they have another ladder reset soon

    Anybody want to play? My account is magnar.insta

  • The Ball - Indie FPS Action/Puzzle Game

    • insta
    • May 2, 2010 at 12:32 PM

    I heard about that from Eva from Starbreeze, big congrats! Looking forward to playing the finished game

  • l4d_yama

    • insta
    • April 22, 2010 at 7:37 AM

    Holy macarony, that looks super nice!

  • Video games can never be art (?!)

    • insta
    • April 21, 2010 at 3:31 PM

    I like art that has a strong singleplayer campaign backed up by solid multiplayer.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™