1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • Buying a new computational device!

    • insta
    • August 23, 2010 at 8:48 PM
    Quote

    MEM 2Gx4|CORSAIR CMX8GX3M4A1333C9

    It just rolls of the tongue.

  • Buying a new computational device!

    • insta
    • August 23, 2010 at 7:56 PM

    I need a motherboard??

    Sorry, forgot to post it.

    ASUS P7P55D-E LX, P55, Socket-1156 DDR3, SATA 6Gb/s, USB3.0, ATX, GbLAN, PCI-Ex(2.0)x16

    Look at all those numbers which I don't know what means!

  • Buying a new computational device!

    • insta
    • August 23, 2010 at 7:49 PM

    So I'm buying a new computer, but I'm so out of the loop when it comes to hardware and such that I thought it would be best to ask you guys before i press the Buy button.

    What I'm looking at getting :

    Corsair VX 550W PSU

    i7 Quad Processor i7-870 2,93GHz

    Crucial DDR3 1333MHz 4GB KIT

    Gainward GeForce GTX 460 1GB

    Hitachi Deskstar™ 7K1000.C 1TB

    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

    Anything obviously wrong with that setup? I know the memory is a bit low, and I might get another 4GB down the line, but right now I just want a replacement for my laptop as soon as possible.

    Okay now tell me everything will be o-k!

  • Now playing 2010

    • insta
    • August 15, 2010 at 7:28 PM
    Quote from Minotauro

    Yes! This game never interested much but then I saw a friend playing and was quite impressed. EA has done a horrible job marketing this game!

    They also did a horrible job with the devteam by firing them when the game was done. Atleast that allowed my morals to relax so I could buy it used

  • Now playing 2010

    • insta
    • August 13, 2010 at 8:36 AM

    I've played a lot of games lately, stuff which I've wanted to play but didn't have the time for because of personal projects and stuff.

    So, here's my list of recently completed stuff :

    Dead Space (overall good, but hard to keep playing for extended periods of time, since each new level has the same setup)

    The Saboteur (good stuff, can never kill enough nazis)

    Just Cause 2 (very cool, some missions were very imaginative and it was a lot of fun just running around blowing stuff up)

    Mass Effect 2 (loved it, except for the last boss :megaman: )

    Early next month I should get a new computer, then it's Starcraft 2 time. I played the beta a lot before, and I'm looking forward to the singleplayer a lot. I'm also gonna get Red Dead Redemption one of these days.

  • Jante Law - Scandinavian Communities

    • insta
    • August 3, 2010 at 5:45 PM
    Quote from Duff-e

    So what happens if someone does something good or accomplishes something? Is the celebrated person expected to be super humble? I'm not saying that's not a good trait to have but I mean I get the feeling celebrities in Scandinavia have to metaphorically throw out their fan mail I'm still curious though is this attitude present today or is it more a relic of your parents generation.

    The successfull person will buy a Porsche and start drinking champagne. The people around him will whisper "jeez, what a showoff" when that person is not in the room/within hearing range (in addition to the jante law, non-confrontational-ism is also big in scandinavia )

  • Starcraft 2

    • insta
    • August 2, 2010 at 11:37 AM

    Also, watch your own replays (it saves them automatically after each match), then you can see what your opponent was doing and figure out why you lost. It gives you some more confidence to attack earlier and such also, since you lose the "oh jeez i only have 2 marines, no way im ready to attack now" state of mind when you can see that your opponent only had SCVs/drones/probes until 90 minutes into the match.

  • Worms Reloaded

    • insta
    • July 30, 2010 at 12:15 PM

    Soldat? Altho that wasnt asian, it was polish I think.

    http://soldat.thd.vg/en/

  • Starcraft 2

    • insta
    • July 26, 2010 at 1:04 PM

    I played it on low in multiplayer and it ran perfectly, it just wasn't so pretty and there were some graphical anomalies. I prefer waiting until I can crank it up to high/max in singleplayer atleast

  • Starcraft 2

    • insta
    • July 26, 2010 at 12:40 PM

    I'll get it for sure, but not on release day since I have to get a new computer first. I played the beta on my laptop and running it on low settings does not do the game justice. Next paycheck = new computer and starcraft 2 !

  • [EP2] Mission Improbable Part 2

    • insta
    • June 29, 2010 at 2:50 PM

    Man, I didn't even think of livestreaming it to the blogosphere I'm so old fashioned!

  • [EP2] Mission Improbable Part 2

    • insta
    • June 28, 2010 at 10:22 PM

    I just uploaded a small timelapse video showing of how an area in Mission Improbable part 2 evolved during development.

    It can be found here :

    http://www.moddb.com/mods/mission-impro ... -timelapse

    I love looking at those timelapse thingies from other games or maps, so it was cool to be able to make one myself!

  • Deus Ex ~ 10 year anniversary

    • insta
    • June 28, 2010 at 1:29 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    I love that game.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • June 22, 2010 at 2:02 PM

    Ooh that is very nice!

  • Art Test at Naughty Dog...what!

    • insta
    • June 22, 2010 at 7:37 AM

    Cool! Best of luck to you!

  • Resident Evil Afterlife trailer.

    • insta
    • June 19, 2010 at 12:42 PM

    Correct me if I'm wrong but no Ingmar Bergman film was ever in 3D, so this movie by default has much more depth

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • June 18, 2010 at 10:38 AM

    That looks cool, vivi! What game is it for?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • June 9, 2010 at 7:51 AM

    Oooh that is very nice mino, very cosy!

  • [EP2] Mission Improbable Part 2

    • insta
    • June 4, 2010 at 7:06 AM

    I'm sorry to hear you didn't like it. However, thanks for writing down the feedback, I'll keep it in mind when doing the third and last level!

  • MapCore on social networks (LinkedIn, Twitter)

    • insta
    • June 3, 2010 at 7:14 AM

    Ah cool, thanks for the shout-out

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™