1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • insta
    • February 2, 2011 at 11:26 PM

    Didn't really buy anything noteworthy lately, mostly groceries and stuff. Well, I'll keep you posted on any further developments.

  • Trailer asset question for devs

    • insta
    • February 2, 2011 at 11:20 PM

    The only experience I've had with marketing is when horrible screenshots of whatever I've worked on show up on kotaku or shacknews. That's often followed by the entire level design team standing around a computer watching them, while simultaneously pulling their hair out and screaming until the windows shatter. After that we usually have a coffee break or go for a refreshing cigarette. Also you need to alert the janitors to switch out the windows, and the hairpiece-maker needs to be alerted to create a new hairpiece. My hair is now 70% horse-hair.

  • Duty Calls (Parody)

    • insta
    • February 2, 2011 at 11:13 PM

    Well that's just plain old the best thing I've ever seen!

  • Zack Snyder + Superman movie = TRUE

    • insta
    • January 31, 2011 at 7:59 PM

    if its filmed in 3D i will be hyped in principle

  • The random model thread!

    • insta
    • January 31, 2011 at 6:58 PM

    57 thousand faces for a small prop like that is common in the games industry, until the art gets optimized

    Actually I think you probably followed a tutorial for modeling targeted towards renders, not games.

  • Crysis 2

    • insta
    • January 30, 2011 at 11:46 AM

    Effective!

  • Slick & Clean Sci-Fi Building [UDK]

    • insta
    • January 27, 2011 at 8:17 PM
    Quote from Evert

    Supernice! Also, bold choice of yellowish color there, I like

    [Blocked Image: http://beadshop.esmartbiz.com/vege/KeyLime003.jpg]

    Cracking eggs of wisdom for you evert.

  • Slick & Clean Sci-Fi Building [UDK]

    • insta
    • January 27, 2011 at 8:10 PM

    Love it! Also, I like the amount of colors going on

  • MapCore Challenge Discussion (Old)

    • insta
    • January 27, 2011 at 7:24 PM

    Screw pericoloso, that's even better!!

  • Explosion in Domodedovo airport, Moscow kills 35

    • insta
    • January 27, 2011 at 4:16 PM

    Is that russian for "I wish ;)"?

  • Explosion in Domodedovo airport, Moscow kills 35

    • insta
    • January 26, 2011 at 3:07 PM

    Hahaha wow

  • 20 Brush Challenge - THE RESULTS!

    • insta
    • January 26, 2011 at 1:31 PM

    Awesome contest and awesome entries!

    Now lets never speak of it again...

  • Explosion in Domodedovo airport, Moscow kills 35

    • insta
    • January 26, 2011 at 12:58 PM

    If this forum didn't have tags, [HP] wouldn't have a personality.

  • MapCore Challenge Discussion (Old)

    • insta
    • January 26, 2011 at 10:08 AM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    how about a 3 texture challenge. Make a whole map with only 3 512x512 textures. I think some interesting stuff could come from that!

    I like that idea!!!

  • So these days what is a level designers responsibility?

    • insta
    • January 22, 2011 at 6:38 PM
    Quote from Zacker

    People should be doing what they do best and level designers come in many shapes and sizes. If e.g. a level designer is also an amazing concept artist then it is only natural that he draws himself a number of sketches while designing his levels. Anything else than that would be a sad use of talent, even if the official job description doesn't mention drawing anything.

    I work as a level designer but I'm also pretty decent at carpentry, so its natural that I sit down and work on some shelves or birdhouses while I'm designing my levels.

  • Duke Nukem Forever

    • insta
    • January 22, 2011 at 1:54 AM

    It's probably going to suck a bit and be extremely underwhelming, but of course I'll buy it and play it because its DNF and it's something I've wanted to play since the day I started with level design

  • William Josephy - Level Designer

    • insta
    • January 20, 2011 at 3:01 PM

    Show interesting stuff that you created!

    Example of something not very interesting :

    [Blocked Image: http://willjosephy.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/countryside20005.jpg?w=949]

    Example of something that I would bring home to my parents if it put some makeup and a nice dress on :

    [Blocked Image: http://willjosephy.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/corridorfinal.jpg]

  • What are you playing now?

    • insta
    • January 20, 2011 at 1:53 PM
    Quote from dux

    I could never get direct 3d to run properly with keeper fx

    PC Gaming

  • "20 Brush" level compo! WIP / discussion thread

    • insta
    • January 19, 2011 at 9:06 PM

    Add some lights so you can see who you are shooting and killing!!

  • Nintendo : A Sad Story

    • insta
    • January 19, 2011 at 12:47 PM

    I love you.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™