1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • insta
    • May 10, 2011 at 10:02 PM

    his name looks like dicking lol

    (I don't have a book by him )

  • Portal 2

    • insta
    • May 10, 2011 at 8:56 PM

    I think he was speaking of brushes you big silly billy!!!!

    edit: but yes, bsp as a data structure something or another has been around for 50 years and its refreshing to see it still around

  • Matthew Marineau - Level Design

    • insta
    • May 10, 2011 at 5:38 PM

    I'd just remove it altogether, only post your best work, it looks like it was quite early in development.

  • Matthew Marineau - Level Design

    • insta
    • May 10, 2011 at 5:30 PM

    The site looks great, now just get some great content up there. There doesn't seem to be any complete projects up, and I couldn't find any download links for your WIP portal and tf2 level.

  • Brink

    • insta
    • May 10, 2011 at 12:00 PM

    Must suck to release a multiplayer game on the PS3 now that PSN is down :E

  • Black Mesa Source

    • insta
    • May 3, 2011 at 7:55 PM

    That's maybe why they don't show anything, people freak out because it's changed since HL1

  • Bin Laden is DEAD!

    • insta
    • May 3, 2011 at 8:42 AM

    What do all those acronyms mean

  • What are you playing now?

    • insta
    • May 1, 2011 at 4:48 PM

    Oh dip I remember that! Wasn't that the game that was supposed to show off the power of MMX processors? I have no idea what MMX does

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • April 29, 2011 at 5:44 PM
    Quote from generalvivi

    Nice big ass quote insta...

    I did it for you! It sucks to post alot of cool stuff on the last page

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • April 29, 2011 at 5:32 PM
    Quote from generalvivi

    [Blocked Image: http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/…der_950x150.jpg]A small Puzzle mod that I've been working on. I'm going to be releasing a Dev version of it on Monday with temp Vo.

    http://www.moddb.com/mods/coretex-cluster

    [Blocked Image: http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/…Intro_Room3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/…Intro_Room2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/…zle_Grid_01.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/…ysics_Cores.jpg]

    Display More

    Woah woah woah that looks really cool! But what happened with your other Portal mod??

  • PSN down

    • insta
    • April 27, 2011 at 12:02 AM
    Quote

    Qriocity service

    thats a clever name, instead of writing curiosity you spell it completely wrong but Q can be interpreted as Question which people ask incase they are curious about stuff? good job guys that came up with that, top notch

  • PSN down

    • insta
    • April 27, 2011 at 12:00 AM

    i dont have a ps3, but thats alot of text, should i also be worried?????

  • THE DOOR CHALLENGE: Rules and Discussion

    • insta
    • April 26, 2011 at 11:00 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    In what ways do you envision that being different than just accessing the building through the door? Not to say that combination of gameplay you describe isn't a good idea, but I guess I'm not sure how the current rules would prevent you from doing this.

    right now the door is the center of the focus in the sense that when you open it, the level is completed.

    no kidding?? thats the whole point of everything??!!

  • Learning Hammer

    • insta
    • April 25, 2011 at 4:26 AM

    oh oh oh i have tips too

    shift-e to center all views on whatevers selected

    shift-ctrl-e to center....something or whatever on whatever is selected

    when youve zoomed into something and the map is big and slow and everything is terribly depressing, ctrl-mousewheel scroll to make all views have same zoom length so everything is fast and good feelings again xD

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • April 25, 2011 at 4:21 AM

    get some fog all up in dat

  • THE DOOR CHALLENGE: Rules and Discussion

    • insta
    • April 24, 2011 at 12:49 AM

    I can't wait!!!!!

  • How to break in the games industry - an insiders' guide

    • insta
    • April 24, 2011 at 12:45 AM
    Quote from sarge mat

    Kind of interested in "how" some of you guys work. I struggle quite a bit with keeping focused and often don't feel I spend enough time working on something in a day or in one session. Is there any kind of work flow some of you use, I guess its different when you work in a studio but, how many hours do you put in on an average day or work for at once?

    Update project - look at youtube - update editor - look at reddit - build data - look at mapcore/gmail - work/check mapcore/gmail/reddit for ~7 hours

    If someone from work reads this I don't have a job on monday :derp:

  • Brink

    • insta
    • April 22, 2011 at 7:57 PM

    Looks like a gritty TF2. And wasn't this game using some super-advanced automatic parkour system? Why isn't that in the videos???

  • Portal 2

    • insta
    • April 22, 2011 at 12:31 PM

    Jesus stop arguing about Halo and how many years are in a decade!!!

    Anyway I just finished it, loved it! The Cave Johnson levels were AWESOME, as in I was in AWE O M G

  • Portal 2

    • insta
    • April 21, 2011 at 8:38 AM

    I'll be your friend!! Let me just finish the singleplayer first

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™