1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. insta

Posts by insta

  • DOTA 2

    • insta
    • December 31, 2011 at 12:39 PM
    Quote from arhurt

    Same as my forum name: Arhurt

    Thanks man!

    Ok, I think I've added you. Let me know next time you're online

  • DOTA 2

    • insta
    • December 31, 2011 at 12:48 AM
    Quote from arhurt

    Meeeeeeee!

    Ill regret this, I know T_T

    What's your steam id thingy?

  • DOTA 2

    • insta
    • December 30, 2011 at 8:56 PM

    I got a copy of Dota2 via the Steam christmas thingy, so if anybody wants it, let me know!

  • Level Design Help Files

    • insta
    • December 23, 2011 at 11:37 AM

    Hello!

    I've written some articles lately, one about level design workflow and another one about functional lighting in levels.

    Here they are :

    Workflow : http://magnarj.net/article_workflow.html

    Functional Lighting : http://magnarj.net/article_funclight.html

    Hope someone finds them helpful!

  • Star Wars The Old Republic

    • insta
    • December 22, 2011 at 6:52 PM
    Quote from Rick_D

    server space they knew this was going to be big and they don't prepare for it? idiots.

    same with origin, it's digital, how can you sell out?

    i have to go to a proper game store tonight to pick up copies for my friends because they cannot buy it over origin. that's fucking stupid.

    terrible planning.

    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12 ... e-to-stay/

    They've said that they're aware of the queuing but won't fix it because the pressure will soon drop off. Which is a bit pessimistic, but probably accurate as well

  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

    • insta
    • December 16, 2011 at 2:35 PM

    By then Valve will have blasted into space along with all steam users, creating a digital distribution heaven :derp:

  • Command & Conquer Double Cheese

    • insta
    • December 15, 2011 at 11:01 AM
    Quote from Thrik

    I don't know what game you played but Red Alert 3 was superb, just like C&C3. As for C&C4...

    Red Alert : Superb

    Red Alert 2 : Tres bien!

    Red Alert 3 : David Hasselhoff

  • Command & Conquer Double Cheese

    • insta
    • December 14, 2011 at 6:40 PM

    I want Red Alert 3 Wait, did they already do that one? I want a good Red Alert then

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • insta
    • December 10, 2011 at 6:30 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://magnarj.net/images/wip/article_functional_lighting0001.jpg]

    Quick WIP of a scene I'm working on for an ~~article~~ I'm writing.

  • Donate to MapCore, feel awesome!

    • insta
    • December 10, 2011 at 4:01 PM

    Donated, hope it helps!

  • What are you playing now?

    • insta
    • December 10, 2011 at 11:33 AM

    Played through Serious Sam 3 with Rick.

    Goodbye 40 euro

  • Duke Nukem 3D´s new usermap IT LIVES

    • insta
    • December 9, 2011 at 4:00 PM

    The map looks really awesome, lots of personality and good design! Great job!

  • What have you watched recently?

    • insta
    • December 6, 2011 at 9:43 AM

    The Running Man was on TV, I watched it. It was good.

  • Steppin' on the beach

    • insta
    • December 1, 2011 at 12:08 PM
    Quote from Minos

    I saw those douchebags live with peris and philip when I was here for my interview lmao

    spongebob squarepants is a fictional character....

  • What are you playing now?

    • insta
    • December 1, 2011 at 11:59 AM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    it has really narrow FOV as well by default. Really wondering why this keeps happening in games today, especially on pc releases.

    tweak the systemsdata.xml file found in ss3bff/programs/apps/userconfigs/tweakdata/configs, after 9 hours of googling on my "rig" i found these settings to drastically improve the settings :

    c_us_screenarea = [8,8,0,0,1]

    view_fieldof_tweakdata = [94]

    ultrarastering=8

    rechaching=no

    widespread_aaoo=7

    now just reboot your rig and get ready to feel the power xD

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Q6600 OC 3.0, 4870 1GB,750w, 4GB DDR2, T-Power I45, Extreme Audio X-Fi OS: Windows7-64-Pro, Contact Core Freezer, Acer G24"/LG 22"

    PC Gaming For Life Alliance

  • Level Design Pipelines!?

    • insta
    • November 29, 2011 at 3:14 PM

    I've actually written an article about my workflow, you can read it here :

    http://www.worldofleveldesign.com/categ ... enssen.php

  • MapCore Job Census

    • insta
    • November 13, 2011 at 4:26 PM
    Quote from Bl1tz

    this. ken20banks & cAyle are both at valve. I'm sure some of you HL legacy dudes worked with them on mod stuff even if they don't ever post on mapcore.

    ken20banks is there? I love that guy!

  • Hey Minos... say goodbye to:

    • insta
    • November 8, 2011 at 7:01 PM

    Congrats on wife!!

  • Rainbow Six: Patriots

    • insta
    • November 8, 2011 at 7:01 PM

    Tilt SixAxis controller to become creative director.

  • "Level with Me", my level design interview series at RPS

    • insta
    • November 8, 2011 at 10:08 AM

    Off topic: Thanks for interviewing me Campaignjunkie, it was a lot of fun! And I hope you guys enjoyed reading it as well!!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™